Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today....Wednesday?

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 8:22 PM
  • 18 Replies

come tell us.....

by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Jun. 2, 2015 at 8:22 PM

ready for you girls in the morning  :)

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jun. 3, 2015 at 3:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Hey good morning!  So I had lights out at 6:30 last night - hoping to be up and at 'em by 1 this morning.  At 9:30 I woke up, looked at the clock and said, no, I need to sleep a bit more.  Up at 11:30 and convinced myself again to sleep a bit more.  LOL.  next thing i know, it's 1;30 and my alarms start going off at 1 a.m.!  LOL.  guess my brain told my body "ha!  fooled ya"

anyhoo, 1/2 done now with my early-morning work.

So....  the doctor called and yes, Mom has breast cancer.  Mom, dad and I are meeting with her at 8 a.m. this Friday. 

I picked up my brother at 3 p.m., then when I took him home, mom decided she wanted a bath!  yay!  Finally! So, I helped mom take a bath:

LOL.  They really need a new shower head.  that thing squirted water from not only the bottom, where it's supposed to, but also the sides and top!  But, Mom is clean now.  It's been so long since I had to give anyone a bath!!

Johnny's birthday is the 18th - and he makes like 4x more than me - so sending him money is really rather pointless - but I want to send him a gift - what could I possibly send that he couldn't just get himself?  I am thinking of baking him some banana bread.  I'd splurge a bit and overnight it.  As a kid, he used to take 3 bananas and hide them, then bring them to me when they were all soft and brown and say, in a sarcastically sad tone, "oh, look mom, these bananas are too soft and brown to eat.  I guess you're going to have to make banana bread."  Maybe I'll bake a batch of snickerdoodles, too, since those were his favorite cookies.  I could pick up a few kids toys at the Dollar Store, too, like bouncy balls and/or frisbee, etc. 

anyhoo, up early because mom has cataract surgery and we have to be there at 7:30.  They'll swing by and pick me up probably around 7 this morning.

that's about all for now .. happy hump day (already!!)

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2015 at 7:51 AM

In my office early this morning, only working 1/2 day so that I can head to the doctor. Really hoping he can do something, I have a pretty high tolerance for pain, but this is really getting to me. Sometimes it feels like my knee cap is snapping, we'll see where we go from here.

Otherwise, hoping to go to Bible Study this evening and work on a VBS bulletin board, but all depends on the afternoon appointment!

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2015 at 7:54 AM

So sorry for the further complications with your mom, hope all goes well at your appointment and also this morning with the surgery for her eyes.

Hey, my DD's birthday is the 18th also, and I am in the same boat when it comes to gifts! Thinking we will be taking her out for dinner and maybe going to the movies. Once they are adults, it's hard to find something they don't already have.

Have a good day, I'll be thinking of you 

Quoting suzeebloch:

Hey good morning!  So I had lights out at 6:30 last night - hoping to be up and at 'em by 1 this morning.  At 9:30 I woke up, looked at the clock and said, no, I need to sleep a bit more.  Up at 11:30 and convinced myself again to sleep a bit more.  LOL.  next thing i know, it's 1;30 and my alarms start going off at 1 a.m.!  LOL.  guess my brain told my body "ha!  fooled ya"

So....  the doctor called and yes, Mom has breast cancer.  Mom, dad and I are meeting with her at 8 a.m. this Friday. 

I picked up my brother at 3 p.m., then when I took him home, mom decided she wanted a bath!  yay!  Finally! So, I helped mom take a bath:

LOL.  They really need a new shower head.  that thing squirted water from not only the bottom, where it's supposed to, but also the sides and top!  But, Mom is clean now.  It's been so long since I had to give anyone a bath!!

Johnny's birthday is the 18th - and he makes like 4x more than me - so sending him money is really rather pointless - but I want to send him a gift - what could I possibly send that he couldn't just get himself?  I am thinking of baking him some banana bread.  I'd splurge a bit and overnight it.  As a kid, he used to take 3 bananas and hide them, then bring them to me when they were all soft and brown and say, in a sarcastically sad tone, "oh, look mom, these bananas are too soft and brown to eat.  I guess you're going to have to make banana bread."  Maybe I'll bake a batch of snickerdoodles, too, since those were his favorite cookies.  I could pick up a few kids toys at the Dollar Store, too, like bouncy balls and/or frisbee, etc. 

anyhoo, up early because mom has cataract surgery and we have to be there at 7:30.  They'll swing by and pick me up probably around 7 this morning.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jun. 3, 2015 at 7:57 AM

I'd take my son to dinner if he lived closer than 1800 miles from me! 

Even at Christmas, I try to come up with things they wouldn't buy themselves - that's why I tend to vascilate towards toys.  No one is too old to enjoy playing with toys!!!

Quoting darmomusaf:

So sorry for the further complications with your mom, hope all goes well at your appointment and also this morning with the surgery for her eyes.

Hey, my DD's birthday is the 18th also, and I am in the same boat when it comes to gifts! Thinking we will be taking her out for dinner and maybe going to the movies. Once they are adults, it's hard to find something they don't already have.

Have a good day, I'll be thinking of you 

Quoting suzeebloch:

Why123
by Nancy on Jun. 3, 2015 at 8:56 AM

Working.  I have a faculty member coming in some time today.  Her problem was too complicated to explain over the phone so she is coming in so I can show her.  I hope the sun finally comes out today.  It has been so cold the last few days.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jun. 3, 2015 at 3:43 PM

took SIL to pay bills, took my mom to get use her spa certificate my sister got her, will be taking my mom shopping in a bit.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jun. 3, 2015 at 6:19 PM

LOL  Yep....I'd say they need a new shower head.  lol Good pic though!!  I'm glad she wanted a bath. 
I'm really sorry about the cancer.  You'll have to let us know what they say and what treatment they recommend.  Hugs to all of you!!!!

As for Johnny I think those sound like just the thing he would LOVE.  Great idea!!  Something from home that you can't buy....the perfect gift.

I hope today's surgery went well too.  Let us know  :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jun. 3, 2015 at 6:20 PM

I'm sorry you're hurting.  Let us know what the dr says!!  Hang in there  :)

Quoting darmomusaf:

In my office early this morning, only working 1/2 day so that I can head to the doctor. Really hoping he can do something, I have a pretty high tolerance for pain, but this is really getting to me. Sometimes it feels like my knee cap is snapping, we'll see where we go from here.

Otherwise, hoping to go to Bible Study this evening and work on a VBS bulletin board, but all depends on the afternoon appointment!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jun. 3, 2015 at 6:22 PM

I hope you can help her get it figured out.  I also hope the sun is out and you're warm!!  LOL  :)

Quoting Why123:

Working.  I have a faculty member coming in some time today.  Her problem was too complicated to explain over the phone so she is coming in so I can show her.  I hope the sun finally comes out today.  It has been so cold the last few days.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)