Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HOW DID YOUR KIDS FIND OUT, THAT THERE WAS NO

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:22 PM
  • 26 Replies

Santa? How long did it take for them to be okay with it?

by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DixieL
by Dixie on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:25 PM

I think Jason was about ten. I tried one more year, to have him believe, so I hid his presents and wrote clues that rhymed. He would have to do things like hop up and down, and pat his head, stuff like that. It took him until the next year, to get over it.

jabs54
by Jeanine on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this

With my first 2 I tried to pretend but they wondered why the presents from Santa were in the same paper as the presents from me, lol.  

With our last we pretty much told her it was a fairy tale from the beginning.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this

School and I was not ok with it  lol

Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 12:30 AM
2 moms liked this

Our daughters would never never never never give up the opportunity to shake hubby and me down, so they refuse to believe there is NO SANTA!

SpiritedWitch
by on Oct. 9, 2015 at 12:39 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm sorry, but there is a Santa. I don't know who lied to you and told you differently. 

In my house, if you don't believe in Santa, you do NOT get Christmas gifts. Period. 

cybcm
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 12:59 AM
1 mom liked this
We never presented Santa as real, just a myth.
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Oct. 9, 2015 at 5:32 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

I'm sorry, but there is a Santa. I don't know who lied to you and told you differently. 

In my house, if you don't believe in Santa, you do NOT get Christmas gifts. Period. 

this exactly here, too! 

I just don't get it...

EireLass
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

We never had Santa. We let them pretend with Grammy. 

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Oct. 9, 2015 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I can't remeber with the older three, Andrew was around 13. They all handled it well.

LEK19
by Group Admin on Oct. 9, 2015 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids knew before they first admitted it to me. I could tell by the questions they would ask. 

Anna is 11 and found out around ten about the Easter Bunny when Don bought some Easter candy and wasn't very sly about it. He talked to her about it in the store aisle, poor kid! She started to cry and had tears in her eyes and he was hugging her. It didn't take her long to get over. She has friends that don't celebrate that way but they never said these icons weren't real. They just matter of factly stated it. She has not not come right out and said there is no Santa.

I don't think they want to because they are afraid they might not get anything!

She still put teeth under her pillow for the Tooth Fairy, too. I am sure she knows about all of them and just doesn't want to talk about it. She has come very close but hasn't yet. All in her own time!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)