Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to Moms with Adult Kids! Say Hello and Introduce Yourself...

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2016 at 1:33 PM
  • 270 Replies
4 moms liked this

welcome

Welcome to Moms with Adult Kids!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. You can reply to any posts and/or start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and feel free to join in!

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How many kids do you have and what are their ages?

2. Do you have a child in the military?

3. Are you a grandmother? If so, how many grandchildren do you have?

4. What type of activities or hobbies do you enjoy?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on Moms with Adult Kids & CafeMom!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 1, 2016 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Oilymama730
by New Member on Jan. 3, 2016 at 7:04 AM
2 moms liked this

Hi everyone! I'm a 44 year old mom, married for 25 years (yes same man, lol) we have 4 kids.  3 boys ages 23, 21, 16. And our little surprise 4 year old daughter. Our oldest is married with a 16 month old son. The 21 year old is engaged. My reason for finding cafe mom was to look for something to help me sort some crazy feelings. Most of this started with our surprise 4 years ago. I was comfortable with my life with 3 boys, finally all old enough that I was starting to feel like more of a person than just a mom. I was devastated when I found out I was pregnant. I came to terms with the reality and was even very excited to have a little girl. But from the time she was born, I still have these crazy emotions like this is all just a dream. I have always loved being a mom, I just can't understand these feelings of wanting to separate myself from that title. 

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 4, 2016 at 9:51 AM
2 moms liked this

Hi and welcome to the group.  The title of mom never really goes away.  I have 4 children, 11 grandchildren and 4 great grandchildren.  I still turn around to look when I hear a child call mom.

Quoting Oilymama730:

Hi everyone! I'm a 44 year old mom, married for 25 years (yes same man, lol) we have 4 kids.  3 boys ages 23, 21, 16. And our little surprise 4 year old daughter. Our oldest is married with a 16 month old son. The 21 year old is engaged. My reason for finding cafe mom was to look for something to help me sort some crazy feelings. Most of this started with our surprise 4 years ago. I was comfortable with my life with 3 boys, finally all old enough that I was starting to feel like more of a person than just a mom. I was devastated when I found out I was pregnant. I came to terms with the reality and was even very excited to have a little girl. But from the time she was born, I still have these crazy emotions like this is all just a dream. I have always loved being a mom, I just can't understand these feelings of wanting to separate myself from that title. 

Oilymama730
by New Member on Jan. 5, 2016 at 4:58 PM

Wow, that sounded really bad now that I read my message again. lol. Yes, I do the same thing when I hear the word MOM anywhere I go. I dont NOT want to be a mom, just need some grown up time I guess.

Quoting Why123:

Hi and welcome to the group.  The title of mom never really goes away.  I have 4 children, 11 grandchildren and 4 great grandchildren.  I still turn around to look when I hear a child call mom.

Quoting Oilymama730:

DixieL
by Dixie on Jan. 5, 2016 at 5:39 PM
4 moms liked this

My name is Dixie, and I just turned sixty years old, just before New Years Eve. Rick and I have been married for thirty two years. We have one thirty years old son, who has been married for about eight years. We live in Vegas. We all live together, and we are buying a house together. Most of you know me. We just have to introduce ourselves once a year. I've been in this group for a long time, and we have a bunch of great women here. If you need advice, then that's what you get. If you just want to talk or laugh, you get to do that too. I've been addicted to this group, since before I was a member for a week. If you stay in this group, you will love it like I do.

Cafe MichelleP
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2016 at 12:54 PM

Hi All!

I'm Michelle. I am a happily married mom of 3 from Texas but misplaced in Kansas!  :)
My boys are 24, 21 and 11. My oldest works full time and is also a full time college student. My middle son is in the Navy and my youngest is in the 5th grade.

Snowball6
by New Member on Jan. 11, 2016 at 12:56 PM

Hi my screen name is snowball six and I am the mother of  a thirty three year old married daughter. I have one grand daughter so far and am having a lot of issues with my son in laws parents..I need advice on steering through a family who wants to remain within themselves. When trying to confront the kids everyone plays the victim. Was wondering if anyone else has that issue.. We are truly divided and worry my granddaughter will suffer for it. 

mistie75
by New Member on Jan. 13, 2016 at 10:41 PM
Hi I am a mom to 4, dd 22, ds 21, ds 12, & ds 11. My only grandchild is a 3 year old girl who is my pride & joy. Yes the age differences have been quite the challenge but they keep me feeling young lol.
Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 14, 2016 at 8:44 AM

Hi Snowball and welcome to the group.  I don't have have your kind of problem so I can't give advice.  Make a post and I am sure there are others in this group who may have advice for you.

Quoting Snowball6:

Hi my screen name is snowball six and I am the mother of  a thirty three year old married daughter. I have one grand daughter so far and am having a lot of issues with my son in laws parents..I need advice on steering through a family who wants to remain within themselves. When trying to confront the kids everyone plays the victim. Was wondering if anyone else has that issue.. We are truly divided and worry my granddaughter will suffer for it. 

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 14, 2016 at 8:46 AM

Hi Mistie and welcome to the group.  My middle daughter has an age gap like that.  My granddaughter is 24 and her brothers are 12.

Quoting mistie75: Hi I am a mom to 4, dd 22, ds 21, ds 12, & ds 11. My only grandchild is a 3 year old girl who is my pride & joy. Yes the age differences have been quite the challenge but they keep me feeling young lol.

cjsgrandma316
by Member on Jan. 17, 2016 at 10:41 AM

Hello. My name is Cheryl, I'm 46 and I live in West Virginia. I have been with my dh 22 years. I have one daughter (27), 2 boys (25, 24) and a 4 yo grandson. My kids are by a previous marriage. I got lucky th this dh and he loved and raised them as if they were his own. My kids My are proud to call him their father. Due to medical conitions I became disabled a couple of years ago so I enjoy doing activities with my family as much as I can.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)