• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Active shooter update- article reply #13

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 5:23 PM
  • 19 Replies

I am home from work sick today and have been listening to the scanner for most of the day. We have had an active shooter situation going on Some guy was served eviction papers and apparently did not take it to well. They are not really saying a heck of a lot..one person shot (not a LEO). Swat, local and state police have been in standoff for about 6 hours now. DH and I had to go to the store to pick up scripts and had to go somewhat near the area and you could see tons of police vehicles blocking off the street. The middle  and High Schools are only a couple blocks away from the area, thankfully the kids have off for spring break this week.

Donations to our team can be made here: #mce_temp_url#

by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:12 PM

How did this turn out?

Hopefully with out anyone else being shot and no one killed or seriously injured.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:17 PM

After a 7 hour stand off they finally got him out of the apartment. Thankfully nobody else was hurt other than the property manager who served the eviction papers. He is in ECMC (a hospital in Buffalo) and is in stable condition.

Quoting Kimmybabe:

How did this turn out?

Hopefully with out anyone else being shot and no one killed or seriously injured.

Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:47 PM

I assume your state is like ours and he will be rewarded with rent free accommodations at the state men's colony (prison) for the next twenty, thirty, or forty plus years.

I hope and pray that the property manager makes a full recovery. 

Quoting LadySaphira:

I am home from work sick today and have been listening to the scanner for most of the day. We have had an active shooter situation going on Some guy was served eviction papers and apparently did not take it to well. They are not really saying a heck of a lot..one person shot (not a LEO). Swat, local and state police have been in standoff for about 6 hours now. DH and I had to go to the store to pick up scripts and had to go somewhat near the area and you could see tons of police vehicles blocking off the street. The middle  and High Schools are only a couple blocks away from the area, thankfully the kids have off for spring break this week.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Mar. 23, 2016 at 12:02 AM

I am sure he will he isn't even being charged with attempted murder or attempted  manslaughter, just felonney assult. He shot the poor man in the back as he was walking away but hey, WTH lets let him off easy.

Quoting Kimmybabe:

I assume your state is like ours and he will be rewarded with rent free accommodations at the state men's colony (prison) for the next twenty, thirty, or forty plus years.

I hope and pray that the property manager makes a full recovery. 

Quoting LadySaphira:

happyolechimp
by Vera on Mar. 23, 2016 at 6:11 AM
What an unsafe world we're in
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Mar. 23, 2016 at 6:28 AM

scary - and I hope the property manager recovers quickly.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Mar. 23, 2016 at 7:15 AM

I'm glad they got him before it tunred into something worse

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Mar. 23, 2016 at 7:55 AM

WE had an attempted bank robbery less than a week ago and a successful one about 6 months ago, it was never like here this 10 years ago.Herroine use has also skyrocketed and you her of at least one OD a week now, mostly young abults.

Quoting happyolechimp: What an unsafe world we're in

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Mar. 23, 2016 at 7:59 AM

From what I understand, he is doing well.

Quoting suzeebloch:

scary - and I hope the property manager recovers quickly.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Mar. 23, 2016 at 8:01 AM

Me too. With our police force, it could have easily done so. We are a small city (less than 20,000 pop) and they really are not trained very much for this type of situation. 

Quoting louannwilkins:

I'm glad they got him before it tunred into something worse

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)