• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do??

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:26 PM
  • 17 Replies

I own this coverlette, purchased eons ago from JC Penney.

http://goo.gl/UbTqp7

it's white and I adore it.  I place it under my bedspread (which is a bluish color) and the white scalloped edges show so very nicely.

However, over the years, my two cats have upchucked on it numerous times and no amount of bleach will clean it.  GRRR!

I want to spluge and buy a new one.  The other color choices are butter cream, sea mist and pebble beach.  I really really prefer the white but of course I still have the two upchucking cats ... what would you do?

by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LEK19
by Group Admin on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

So you are going to spluge on a new one? I thought the cats did that! No hope for you if you are "spluging," too!!!

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL.  typo!  my bad!! ha ha!

it's on sale for $42 and I have a 25% off coupon.  So I think I can afford a little spluRge.  :o)

Quoting LEK19:

So you are going to spluge on a new one? I thought the cats did that! No hope for you if you are "spluging," too!!!

.Holly.
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this
You said you had the other for many years, so maybe it's worth it to get the white that you like. It will take some time to ruin the new one. Just keep loads of bleach on hand and clean it asap when it happens, to avoid stains.
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:52 PM

Thanks, Holly!  And now I'm thinking my cats will upchuck on the coverlette no matter the color  BUT I wouldn't throw any other of the color choices in the wash with BLEACH! 

Quoting .Holly.: You said you had the other for many years, so maybe it's worth it to get the white that you like. It will take some time to ruin the new one. Just keep loads of bleach on hand and clean it asap when it happens, to avoid stains.

.Holly.
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:53 PM
Right! This way you can bleach the white and have the color you want. Win win☺

Quoting suzeebloch:

Thanks, Holly!  And now I'm thinking my cats will upchuck on the coverlette no matter the color  BUT I wouldn't throw any other of the color choices in the wash with BLEACH! 

Quoting .Holly.: You said you had the other for many years, so maybe it's worth it to get the white that you like. It will take some time to ruin the new one. Just keep loads of bleach on hand and clean it asap when it happens, to avoid stains.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:30 PM

I would go with white again myself. Out of curiosity, what color is pebble beach?

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Apr. 8, 2016 at 5:13 PM

Pebble beach is pebble beach.  LOL.

I took a screen shot of both Pebble Beach and Light Seamist.  The buttercream would be my last choice so I didn't include it.  you could click the link in my original post and see it there, too.  Not sure how well you can see the colors with this screen shot.  Pebble Beach would be my 2nd choice but again, when the cats upchuck on it, I can't bleach it!

Quoting LadySaphira:

I would go with white again myself. Out of curiosity, what color is pebble beach?

cocoroo
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 5:21 PM
I would get the white. It's what you like. I also like the Pebble Beach.
Marinefranksmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:26 PM

I would probably buy the butter cream or the pebble beach and bleach it til it's white - I prefer white coverlets too.  That one is lovely!  Blue and yellow look nice together - If the butter cream is a nice pale yellow.  If the pebble beach is a neutral, like beige, or light taupe, I think that is nice too.  

louannwilkins
by Louann on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:34 PM

Buy another white one and also buy some club soda.  It's great for taking out stains.  Keep some on hand and try to get to the stains quicker.  Also you can bleach a white one.  It's really pretty

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)