• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Last thing is fixed

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:33 PM
  • 4 Replies

So for quite some time the water would come in the washer very slow. $265 later it is fixed.  The water valve was broken.  Can almost get a new washer for that but whatever.  It is as old as the house but they haven't been used long.  Another thing goes wrong and we will replace it.  For a small load it would take about 20 minutes to fill.  

by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:42 PM

It's probably too late to think about it now, now that you've had the AC worked on and now the washer, but you might look into a home warranty program just for grins.  I think my parents pay like $50 a month or so (?) but it covers just about everything and if something needs fixed it's a $75 deductible per occurrence.  They just had their gas stove replaced with a brand-spanking new one that would have cost over $1000.  If I had known ahead of time, dad could have replaced their water heater and chest freezer, too, but of course he didn't tell me or think to call the home warranty people and paid full price for those two items even though he was on the plan. 

smh.  parents.  they never listen!!

jabs54
by Jeanine on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:41 PM

Geez, it's one thing after another :(

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:20 PM

yikes!

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:41 PM
When you are only here a couple months a year all the maintenance is at once.

Quoting jabs54:

Geez, it's one thing after another :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)