Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My latest projects

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:45 PM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

I've finally been sewing a little again...

This one - a friend sent it to me, asked me to quilt it for her.  She had done the applique on it (which is incredible in person!!!!!).  So I quilted it and did the binding, and sent it on to a mutual friend of ours, the end recipient.  It has 4 blocks, 2 facing each way, but I couldn't get a good pic of the whole thing.

Then I made a pin cushion, and sent it as a surprise to the same woman who'd asked me to quilt the snowmen.  I'm not sure if she's received it yet.... I don't think she's been going to her post office the past few days.... she's in the middle of the flooding in Texas.  I know she's okay, I see her on facebook, but dang!  They've got a lot standing water.

This was actually the first of two that I made, but they're close to identical:

And this little goodie is for ME!!!  It's 14" tall by 12" wide, and will hang on a table top quilt stand, when it arrives... I ordered it Monday, should have it tomorrow or Friday.  This block is done now with the exception of the binding and whatever hanging sleeve it needs.  I won't know that till I get the stand.

I love it!!!!!  I sewed the pieces together, but did the quilting by hand.  I quilted each of the background off white diamonds and triangles, and some in the green border.  I haven't taken a pic of it since right after I stared quilting it, but will update with a finished one once it's in the stand.

by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Why123
by Nancy on Apr. 20, 2016 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

You always make such beautiful things.

LEK19
by Group Admin on Apr. 21, 2016 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

You always do amazing work!

Nice colors!

Anna is starting to do some simple sewing projects. She has been making two felt cubes to be used in a toss game for her birthday. Now she is making odds and ends things for her toys - purses, clothes, etc. out of the scraps.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Apr. 21, 2016 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

You are SO smart and do such great work!!  :)

sahlady
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

did you quilt that by hand or do you have a machine?

fern624
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Great job. I love to sew. I havn't got to do much since the big tornado in 2011 it wiped out my sewing machine and I just haven't been able to get it fixed but I will someday..........................

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Apr. 21, 2016 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

very nice!

EireLass
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Those are beautiful. Youre so talented.
KittyGram
by Becky on Apr. 22, 2016 at 12:41 AM
I do most of my work with the machine (just a regular, domestic sewing machine.... A nice one, but not one of the big ones that takes up half of a room.... Someday, I'll have one of those!!), but I did do some hand quilting on the hexies. I did the diamonds and some in the border.

Quoting sahlady:

my4kidsrock2
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2016 at 12:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Those are awesome! I've never been able to do hand quilting. I don't have the patience for it, and it's too hard on my RA anyways.

I made a couple of quilts with matching pillows for a friends new baby and her older girl, but I completely forgot to get pictures before I gave them to her. I'm waiting for her to send me a few pictures but I think she maybe forgot, lol. Recently I've been more into painting peg dolls. My youngest loves them.
sahlady
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2016 at 10:06 AM

VERY impressive!!!

Quoting KittyGram: I do most of my work with the machine (just a regular, domestic sewing machine.... A nice one, but not one of the big ones that takes up half of a room.... Someday, I'll have one of those!!), but I did do some hand quilting on the hexies. I did the diamonds and some in the border.
Quoting sahlady:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)