Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today...Thursday?

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:57 PM
  • 27 Replies

come tell us...

by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:58 PM

Post is ready for tomorrow morning :)

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Apr. 21, 2016 at 4:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Hey good morning!  I feel like crapola this morning.  Yesterday around mid-morning the glands in my neck started aching and my throat started getting scratchy.  I bought some Aleve (generic) a week ago but that doesn't seem to work as well as ibuprofen.  I looked in my throat last night before going to bed and it was bright red.  ugh.  This morning I took 4 ibuprofen and a generic mucinex.  My sinuses started stuffing before I went to bed last night too.  Creeping crud, I guess.

I did get my massage yesterday and that felt good!  he concentrated on my neck/shoulders as those were getting really tight yesterday.  And it was fun catching up, too.  I've had an ache in my right glut since last fall. It doesn't ache all the time and I can nix the ache with aleve or ibuprofen.  He said he didn't feel any lump or tightness there and suggested I use my foot pedal with my left foot for a while to see if that makes a difference.  Let me tell you what - using my left foot just feels weird but I'll do that for a while to see if it makes a difference.  (I use a foot pedal for my medical transcription to play the sound files I type up).

anyhoo that's about it.  Hoping my cold will go away soon.  I know it will take about a week - just hoping I can control the symptoms while I'm afflicted.  lol.

I do need to get to the store - again.  That's a never ending chore, isn't it? 

anyhoo, happy WEE !

oh - here's a pic of my baby morning glories

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 8:16 AM
Good morning!

I'm working from home today to complete my groups May schedule. I don't do so good with that because I get easily distracted but I have to hunker down and get busy. I don't even have all the prep done.
Why123
by Nancy on Apr. 21, 2016 at 8:40 AM

Sort of working.  Our dean is retireing and this afternoon they are having a college sponsered going away party.  We will all have to troup over to building 7 in order to participate.  Son was hunting for bandaids yesterday.  He hit his hand and it started bleeding again.  Luckily, not that much.  We are expecting rain for the next couple of days but the weekend should be nice.

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 8:50 AM

Good morning all!!! Well, I have now decided that when it rains, it really pours! Not sure what we did, but now our sewer line has a problem! and we still haven't found the water leak!!! DH is home this morning waiting for the plumber to auger the sewer line and see what might be going on, what a week!!!

Me, I'm at work and luckily, DD is subbing so she is out of the house too! I have some paperwork to catch up on and then I 'm not sure what the day will bring. An auxiliary meeting for work this evening and some planning for upcoming events and projects for the facility and residents. I will be very happy to get this day over!!!!

LEK19
by Group Admin on Apr. 21, 2016 at 9:35 AM

Just a regular day!

Homeschooling, household stuff, and getting ready for Anna's birthday party.

It rained earlier this morning so everything is wet and it looks like more rain is ahead. It is cooler than yesterday. I doubt if I will walk today. Don and I went for a walk yesterday before picking Anna up from her friend's.

I need to reorganize some things in the basement to make room for more stuff. I have just been piddling away at those boxes at the far end of the living room. My goal is to have them gone by her birthday party. I still haven't picked up those storage totes!

Have a good Thursday!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Apr. 21, 2016 at 9:57 AM

Good morning!  I'm sorry you're sick!  That's never any fun.  Do you have some saline spray?  That would help if you could use it several times a day. 

I'm glad you got the massage yesterday!  I was thinking about you yesterday and thinking let someone offer me a massage and I'll definitely say YES!!!  LOL 

Take care and drink plenty of fluids!! I wish you lived near me and I'd make you some soup  :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Hey good morning!  I feel like crapola this morning.  Yesterday around mid-morning the glands in my neck started aching and my throat started getting scratchy.  I bought some Aleve (generic) a week ago but that doesn't seem to work as well as ibuprofen.  I looked in my throat last night before going to bed and it was bright red.  ugh.  This morning I took 4 ibuprofen and a generic mucinex.  My sinuses started stuffing before I went to bed last night too.  Creeping crud, I guess.

I did get my massage yesterday and that felt good!  he concentrated on my neck/shoulders as those were getting really tight yesterday.  And it was fun catching up, too.  I've had an ache in my right glut since last fall. It doesn't ache all the time and I can nix the ache with aleve or ibuprofen.  He said he didn't feel any lump or tightness there and suggested I use my foot pedal with my left foot for a while to see if that makes a difference.  Let me tell you what - using my left foot just feels weird but I'll do that for a while to see if it makes a difference.  (I use a foot pedal for my medical transcription to play the sound files I type up).

anyhoo that's about it.  Hoping my cold will go away soon.  I know it will take about a week - just hoping I can control the symptoms while I'm afflicted.  lol.

I do need to get to the store - again.  That's a never ending chore, isn't it? 

anyhoo, happy WEE !

oh - here's a pic of my baby morning glories

louannwilkins
by Louann on Apr. 21, 2016 at 10:00 AM

Good morning!  I hope you can hunker down and get it out of the way!  I hope your mouth is feeling ok today and not too sore.  :)

Quoting Cindy18: Good morning! I'm working from home today to complete my groups May schedule. I don't do so good with that because I get easily distracted but I have to hunker down and get busy. I don't even have all the prep done.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Apr. 21, 2016 at 10:02 AM

Good morning Nancy!  Your poor son...he can't catch a break with that hand!  I hope he'll take it easy this weekend.  Have fun today.  It's probably nice to have a slacker week  :)

Quoting Why123:

Sort of working.  Our dean is retireing and this afternoon they are having a college sponsered going away party.  We will all have to troup over to building 7 in order to participate.  Son was hunting for bandaids yesterday.  He hit his hand and it started bleeding again.  Luckily, not that much.  We are expecting rain for the next couple of days but the weekend should be nice.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Apr. 21, 2016 at 10:04 AM

Good morning!  Boy what a mess that water situation has turned into!  I hope they can find it soon.  :)

Quoting darmomusaf:

Good morning all!!! Well, I have now decided that when it rains, it really pours! Not sure what we did, but now our sewer line has a problem! and we still haven't found the water leak!!! DH is home this morning waiting for the plumber to auger the sewer line and see what might be going on, what a week!!!

Me, I'm at work and luckily, DD is subbing so she is out of the house too! I have some paperwork to catch up on and then I 'm not sure what the day will bring. An auxiliary meeting for work this evening and some planning for upcoming events and projects for the facility and residents. I will be very happy to get this day over!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)