Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tonight my son in law leaves

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 6:35 PM
  • 14 Replies

He is deployed for 6 months to Okinawa.  They leave Hawaii in a few hours.  My dd just got off work so they can skype before he leaves then she won't hear from him for 24 hours probably.  

by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jabs54
by Jeanine on Jun. 11, 2016 at 9:18 PM

My oldest brother was in Okinawa in the 60's.   What is he going to be doing there?

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 11, 2016 at 9:35 PM

Training dd said.  

Quoting jabs54:

My oldest brother was in Okinawa in the 60's.   What is he going to be doing there?

LadyDiamond927
by Pamela on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:12 PM

I pray they arrive safe

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:26 PM

I hope he has a safe trip!

Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2016 at 6:07 PM

As a mother of girls, doesn't the term "son" in law give you all types of warm feelings? 

I'd did and still does me!!!!

Marinefranksmom
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2016 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Best of luck to him, and may he have a safe journey.  Is he a Marine?  My son's best man & former roommate when my son was an active duty Marine is now in Okinawa, for a while at least.  His wife Japanese, from Okinawa, and now they have a baby.  It's a lovely and interesting place, as duty stations go.  And I hope your daughter is able to keep busy so the time flies for her.  They're newlyweds, aren't they?  My son & DIL were married 6 weeks when he deployed to Afghanistan.  While he was traveling through Russia on the way, he found out he would be a Dad!  Their son was born just after he returned.  

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 12, 2016 at 6:58 PM
Quoting Kimmybabe:

As a mother of girls, doesn't the term "son" in law give you all types of warm feelings? 

I'd did and still does me!!!!

It's does.
atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 12, 2016 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Marinefranksmom:

Best of luck to him, and may he have a safe journey.  Is he a Marine?  My son's best man & former roommate when my son was an active duty Marine is now in Okinawa, for a while at least.  His wife Japanese, from Okinawa, and now they have a baby.  It's a lovely and interesting place, as duty stations go.  And I hope your daughter is able to keep busy so the time flies for her.  They're newlyweds, aren't they?  My son & DIL were married 6 weeks when he deployed to Afghanistan.  While he was traveling through Russia on the way, he found out he would be a Dad!  Their son was born just after he returned.  

He is a Marine.  They have been legally married since August but had their wedding just a few weeks ago.  DD has to finish up college so she will stay busy.  She is so excited to finally be together because 5 years pretty much long distance is getting old.  

Marinefranksmom
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2016 at 8:05 PM

I totally believe that.  If my son & DIL had gotten married at the beginning of his enlistment, which was 5 years, instead of in his last year, well I don't know what.  As it is, she had to go through 7 months of pregnancy without him and that was very rough on her.  And us.  We actually flew her up here to NJ from SC for a 2 week visit because we'd only met her the night before the wedding.  She had a rough pregnancy and had to quit her job so time dragged for her.  And us.  But all's well... I'm glad your DD has school to keep her busy, that should do it.  Tell your Marine son-in-law Semper Fi, and thanks for his service.  

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting Marinefranksmom:

He is a Marine.  They have been legally married since August but had their wedding just a few weeks ago.  DD has to finish up college so she will stay busy.  She is so excited to finally be together because 5 years pretty much long distance is getting old.  

american flag ribbon

Mariagma3
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2016 at 8:05 PM

Best wishes to him. My daughter was stationed in Okinawa, while she was in the USMC. My grandson (her son) was also born there. army

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)