Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tomorrow is NYC for a week

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 6:55 PM
  • 10 Replies

Going to NYC with my MIL and dh for a week.  Have a super early flight so we leave for the airport around 3:30 in the morning.  We arrive at 9am and MIL arrives at 8am so we have most of tomorrow as long as we are not too tired.  

We have a few things planned, some we have done before, some we haven't.  We will go to the Intrepid museum, Museum of Natural History, Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, go to the Freedom Tower observatory, 9/11 memorial, see Jersey Boys, and an NBC tour.  AND of course some shopping.  We also have a couple days with nothing planned so we will see what else we add.  The end of the week and weekend seem like it might storm some so we are planning the museums at the end of the week, and some shopping.  

by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emmygirl31
by Angie on Aug. 6, 2016 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this

have a great time-I'm 30 miles from nyc-had some rain today and cooled things down a bit.  

atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 6, 2016 at 9:16 PM

Looks nice for the first couple days and lower humidity, then humidity rises and a chance of storms for several days.  Later in the week we have more indoor plans.  

Quoting emmygirl31:

have a great time-I'm 30 miles from nyc-had some rain today and cooled things down a bit.  

emmygirl31
by Angie on Aug. 6, 2016 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

the circle line is a nice thing to do also-I believe it leaves somewhere close to the intrepid.

jabs54
by Jeanine on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Have fun!   LOVE Jersey Boys :)

atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 7, 2016 at 6:04 AM
At the gate, ready to go.
louannwilkins
by Louann on Aug. 7, 2016 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I hope you have a great time!!

Marinefranksmom
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2016 at 10:10 PM

Sounds like the perfect NYC trip!  If possible, get to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, or the Guggenheim Museum.  I think they are renovating St. Patrick's Cathedral but you might want to go there anyway - it's gorgeous!  Jersey Boys was wonderful - I hope you enjoy it!  And of course there's the Empire State Building.  I was born and raised in NYC (been there done that, lol!) and I live just on the other side of the George Washington Bridge in northern NJ (nothing to see here).  If you have a nice day, take the Circle Line tour around Manhattan - it's right next to the Intrepid.  I think there's a Star Trek exhibit there now; I'm planning to go soon.  Have a wonderful time!!

hockeymomtoo
by Member on Aug. 7, 2016 at 11:45 PM
DH and I were there last spring. We stayed in Battery Park and loved it. We want to go back. The 911 memorial was the first place we went. I hadn't heard much about it and was very moved. We didn't get to see a show, maybe next time. Have fun!
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Aug. 9, 2016 at 8:48 AM

I hope you are enjoying your trip!

Goobergal
by Marian on Aug. 9, 2016 at 3:40 PM

Have a blast!  All fun favs.  I'm always hard pressed on what I want to narrow it down to when I go home.  :) now I let the kids choose.  It's my hometown and not theirs so it seemed fair.  

Anyway. Jealous.  Eat push cart hotdogs for me 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)