• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today....Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:09 PM
  • 81 Replies

come tell us....

by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:09 PM

Post is ready for tomorrow morning  :)

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Aug. 19, 2016 at 4:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Hey and it's Friday! Woot Woot!  Whoop whoop!  Woo hoo!

So, I was up at 1:45, went thru my usual routine (coffee, cigaratte, boot up computer).  guess what?  No EMW. wow.

so, headed over to check my overnight emails - those are all caught up.  The GHF managers are woefully behind on what we call escalations - where we have a user in the forum we can't figure out their problem and so we escalate it to them - I have several going back to freaking JULY they haven't addressed.   Very frustrating to say the least and I've seriously caught myself wondering why I'm doing this?  Oh yeah.  I really love helping users, that's why.  It's just too bad the managers aren't doing their job - THAT's what's frustrating.

and ugg.  I hear the chirp of a smoke detector.  I have 2 of them.  Now I get to go and try to figure out which one is chirping.  By law, I have to have one in the hall and one in the bedroom.  They way they are placed, they are practically back to back.  lol.

anyhoo, since no EMW and overnight emails caught up, thought I'd swing by here.  Let's see- yesterday after work I went to another library to test something for ... the Gmail Help Forum.  lol.  needed to see if I could reset a password on an account but needed to be at a different location than my "trusted computer."  Then I went and grabbed Margo to get her out of the house because I needed to go to Walmart  just down the street from her.  When that was done, I went to Big Bams and got a pork tenderloin sandwich.  Came home, ditched the bun and ate the tenderloin for supper.  :o)  Took my sleepy meds and read until lights out just ahead of 6.

I bought some red yeast rice supplement (red rice yeast?) - it's supposedly a natural way to lower cholesterol.  We'll see.  lol. and I'm drinking glucomannan powder 2-3 times a day which has been studied and lowers blood glucose levels (I'm not diabetic) as well as bad cholesterol levels.  so again, we'll see.  Will have labs done again in about 3 months so I want to see if the combo of these have a positive effect on my cholesterol levels.

anyhoo that's about it.  Looking forward to sleeping in Sat/Sun but still hope I can get up around 4 or so.  I hate losing "me" time just because I want to sleep in.  smh.  can't win for losing.

happy Friday, everybody!

marney.p
by Member on Aug. 19, 2016 at 4:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Its Friday here and Im just on CM trying to stay busy.

smokeyjo
by Jozie on Aug. 19, 2016 at 6:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Not much going on around here this weekend. May go antiquing later this morning as I have the need for a few specific items and I don't like buying new. I like items that are old and have a history. Later, dinner with my friend and who knows what after that.

Have a day girls!
darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2016 at 7:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Let's see, what will this weekend bring! This morning, I am off to therapy and then a trip to State College for a state board meeting, then home to work on some more peppers!! I did one canner full last night, hot peppers in oil. I am going to try to do some in spaghetti sauce (a friend told me how, so I might as well try it).

The rest of the weekend is really up in the air. DD's pain level was pretty high yesterday after all the sedation wore off, so I'm thinking a quiet weekend at home may be just what the doctor would order, it would also help me get some things done around the house that I have just not had time to do!! That just sounds like a plan to me!!

Have a great weekend all!!

EireLass
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2016 at 8:29 AM

I suppose everything is created comfortably by habit. I can't imagine starting my day t 2am!! I remember a time when I had a job that ended at 2am. But I had young kids then so I never knew when to sleep and when to eat. I guess when it's just you, nobody else to have to care for in the home, it must be alot easier. How long have you been on this schedule?

Smoke detectors. In my state, and the one I lived in prior....no detectors in the bedrooms, but in the hallway ceiling, no further than 3' from the doors. Reason was...if the detector went off in the bedroom.....the room already had smoke in it! 

Sorry about your cholesterol levels. I remember my husbands levels were up at one point...repeatedy, so they put him on the meds. He had so many muscle aches from them. He's a weightlifter, and won't even drink beer/alcohol (more than 1 every once in a long while), because that makes his muscles ache. When mine were elevated, we just talked about diet/excercise as a way to lower it. Because of my body issues, I can't afford to take anything that will cause my body to ache anymore than it already does. 

Quoting suzeebloch:

So, I was up at 1:45, went thru my usual routine (coffee, cigaratte, boot up computer).  guess what?  No EMW. wow.

so, headed over to check my overnight emails - those are all caught up.  The GHF managers are woefully behind on what we call escalations - where we have a user in the forum we can't figure out their problem and so we escalate it to them - I have several going back to freaking JULY they haven't addressed.   Very frustrating to say the least and I've seriously caught myself wondering why I'm doing this?  Oh yeah.  I really love helping users, that's why.  It's just too bad the managers aren't doing their job - THAT's what's frustrating.

and ugg.  I hear the chirp of a smoke detector.  I have 2 of them.  Now I get to go and try to figure out which one is chirping.  By law, I have to have one in the hall and one in the bedroom.  They way they are placed, they are practically back to back.  lol.

anyhoo, since no EMW and overnight emails caught up, thought I'd swing by here.  Let's see- yesterday after work I went to another library to test something for ... the Gmail Help Forum.  lol.  needed to see if I could reset a password on an account but needed to be at a different location than my "trusted computer."  Then I went and grabbed Margo to get her out of the house because I needed to go to Walmart  just down the street from her.  When that was done, I went to Big Bams and got a pork tenderloin sandwich.  Came home, ditched the bun and ate the tenderloin for supper.  :o)  Took my sleepy meds and read until lights out just ahead of 6.

I bought some red yeast rice supplement (red rice yeast?) - it's supposedly a natural way to lower cholesterol.  We'll see.  lol. and I'm drinking glucomannan powder 2-3 times a day which has been studied and lowers blood glucose levels (I'm not diabetic) as well as bad cholesterol levels.  so again, we'll see.  Will have labs done again in about 3 months so I want to see if the combo of these have a positive effect on my cholesterol levels.

anyhoo that's about it.  Looking forward to sleeping in Sat/Sun but still hope I can get up around 4 or so.  I hate losing "me" time just because I want to sleep in.  smh.  can't win for losing.

happy Friday, everybody!

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Aug. 19, 2016 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I've been getting up this stupid early for several years now.  I've always had "my clients" to type up and even when I had a full time job, whether outside the home or at home, I always got up early to get them typed up.  I think at one point I was trying to do them the night before and one evening I decided I'd just get up earlier - I think like 3 a.m. - and i liked it.  Now my goal is to be up no later than 2 a.m., ideally 1-2 a.m. is great.  Between my clients and the Gmail Help Forum, the earlier I can be up the more "me" time I have - and while I still have the energy to enjoy it.  With my FT job from 6 to noon m-f, and 7-noon on weekends, even if I got up just in time to do that, I'd be tired after my shift and not feel like doing anything else.  So, this works well for me and frees up my afternoons to (1) deal with my parents, (2) run errands or  (3) do nothing. :o)

and the smoke alarm chirp is driving Leo nuts.  He is cowering at my feet and I'm constantly having to "zap" him with my can of compressed air.  I don't zap HIM per se - all I really have to do is pick up the can and off he goes.  I tried sitting in the hall to figure out which one is the culprit but it didn't chirp the whole time I sat there.  Leo is just gonna have to stay nuts until my shift ends at noon - or about another 4.5 hours from now.  My other cat, Mia, is sleeping contentedly on the ottoman despite the chirps.

My cholesterol levels have always run high - previous doctor (10+ years) wasn't worried since my ratios were always in line.  New doc, of course, freaked out, but after explaining my High-Fat Low-Carb way of eating, she's "giving me" 3 months to try and lower the levels.  I know on my HFLC WOE I really can't indulge in carbs at all.  So, I'm making a few tweaks in my WOE to see if I can lower the levels without meds (and **bonus** maybe lose some weight, too).  Doing a quick google search, I found this:  The goal is to keep the ratio below 5.0; the optimum ratio is 3.5. My ratio was  5.7.  So, we'll see what happens.

Quoting EireLass:

I suppose everything is created comfortably by habit. I can't imagine starting my day t 2am!! I remember a time when I had a job that ended at 2am. But I had young kids then so I never knew when to sleep and when to eat. I guess when it's just you, nobody else to have to care for in the home, it must be alot easier. How long have you been on this schedule?

Smoke detectors. In my state, and the one I lived in prior....no detectors in the bedrooms, but in the hallway ceiling, no further than 3' from the doors. Reason was...if the detector went off in the bedroom.....the room already had smoke in it! 

Sorry about your cholesterol levels. I remember my husbands levels were up at one point...repeatedy, so they put him on the meds. He had so many muscle aches from them. He's a weightlifter, and won't even drink beer/alcohol (more than 1 every once in a long while), because that makes his muscles ache. When mine were elevated, we just talked about diet/excercise as a way to lower it. Because of my body issues, I can't afford to take anything that will cause my body to ache anymore than it already does. 

Quoting suzeebloch:

EireLass
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2016 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm pretty excited for this weekend. Today is just laundry, stock up on pet food, etc., and all my regular stuff I do. 

I live on the coast of mid-coast Maine (12 miles in), and tomorrow we're leaving here at 6:30am with the motorcycles packed. Meeting a group of bikes and heading to Rangley Maine which is close to the west border of Maine. There's a big benefit ride there with a bunch of bikes. It's a large group (worldwide) that my husband is involved in, so we'll go to support their start, buy a t-shirt or whatever, and then we're not going on their ride with them, we're going to head over to Conway New Hampshire, taking in the sights along the way, meandering around. He reserved a hotel for us for the night. We may take the afternoon and ride the Kangamangus Highway through the White Mountains and back....it's 35 miles long, very curvy and gorgeous. (I have really warm memories everytime I go to the White Mountains....my grands took me there many times for day trips as a child). Lots of nature to see, animals maybe (moose, deer, bear). Do the Highway again on Sunday, and meander back home. This is very much needed time away for the 2 of us alone. We have a friend, I call her Nanny, in her mid/late 30's who comes and stays with the dogs/cat/farm birds, and does all their care for us. She's a work-a-holic, so I'm just so thrilled she has this whole weekend off. When she comes here, she considers it her "retreat".....She and her hubs of 8 years (no kids), left their apartment a couple years ago, and redid the garage on her parents home to semi-private living quarters for them. Her Dad is in very poor health, and her Mom can't do it all herself. He's a large guy and needs help with mobility, etc. She's very close to her parents, and his are all the way in Washington State, so he's taken these folks on as his own as well. They just live 1 town over.

Very excited for this ride and time away!

Why123
by Nancy on Aug. 19, 2016 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Working today.  We have a 3 hour workshop to do this afternoon.  Since I had to work last Saturday, I think that all I am planning to do this weekend is vegetate.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Aug. 19, 2016 at 10:03 AM

Good morning!!!  Yep....TGIF.  This week has flown by!!

I have a question....the mgrs get paid right?  Could you get a job with them being a mgr?  Sounds like you're more than qualified and you would actually do your job!!  You might could even go further up the ladder than that.  Just wondering.  I don't understand how people can NOT do their job and still have a job.

Hope it's a good day for you and that you get that chirping to STOP.  That drives me nuts!!!!  lol  :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

happy Friday, everybody!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)