Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today.....Thursday?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:58 PM
  • 46 Replies

come tell us.....

by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:58 PM

post is ready for tomorrow morning  :)

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Sep. 8, 2016 at 6:03 AM
1 mom liked this

This has been the longest week!  It's Thursday? 

so yesterday of course work - I had planned to see my parents but then Margo called - said she needed to talk to me and she'd take me to dinner.  So, went over to my folks, chatted a while - things seem okay there.  While I was there, Johnny sent me some photos from Hawaii where he and his GF are.  So I took a pic of my parents and sent that to him.  lol. 

then over to Margo's.  We ate supper at Cracker Barrel - i told her we were going dutch and she said no, she invited me and I said i don't care we're going dutch.  LOL.  And then she couldn't remember what she wanted to talk to me about.  oh well.  it was a good supper and i have enough left over for dinner tonight.

so, I was actually awake at 12:30 this morning and told myself this is stupid.  So I left the light on and then didn't get up until nearly 2!

Mia was acting really lethargic all day yesterday but last night at one point I noticed she was sleeping on my bed, so that was good to see.  But she's still lethargic this morning.  I'm thinking maybe she ate a bug or something.  I did put her in the tub last night trying to get her to drink some water but she kept turning her head away.  (I keep their water bowl in my tub because Mia likes to slosh their water out of the bowl!  At least in the tub it doesn't matter).  I hope she gets to feeling better!

Anyhoo, finished my EMW, have already checked my overnight email and now I'm here.  Next stop is GHF and then FL group.  and that's about it for today that I know of.  :o)

Happy Thursday!   

louannwilkins
by Louann on Sep. 8, 2016 at 7:37 AM

Great pic of your parents!  I'm sure it made Johnny happy.  Is he having the time of his life?  I'm sure he is!  I'm a little jealous.  lol

Poor Margo....I'm sure she'd be lost without you.

I wonder if Mia needs to go to the vet.  Hopefully not since that is expensive normally.  It costs as much to have a pet as it does to have a kid.  lol  Let us know how she's doing. 

Don't work too hard!!  :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

so yesterday of course work - I had planned to see my parents but then Margo called - said she needed to talk to me and she'd take me to dinner.  So, went over to my folks, chatted a while - things seem okay there.  While I was there, Johnny sent me some photos from Hawaii where he and his GF are.  So I took a pic of my parents and sent that to him.  lol. 

then over to Margo's.  We ate supper at Cracker Barrel - i told her we were going dutch and she said no, she invited me and I said i don't care we're going dutch.  LOL.  And then she couldn't remember what she wanted to talk to me about.  oh well.  it was a good supper and i have enough left over for dinner tonight.

so, I was actually awake at 12:30 this morning and told myself this is stupid.  So I left the light on and then didn't get up until nearly 2!

Mia was acting really lethargic all day yesterday but last night at one point I noticed she was sleeping on my bed, so that was good to see.  But she's still lethargic this morning.  I'm thinking maybe she ate a bug or something.  I did put her in the tub last night trying to get her to drink some water but she kept turning her head away.  (I keep their water bowl in my tub because Mia likes to slosh their water out of the bowl!  At least in the tub it doesn't matter).  I hope she gets to feeling better!

Anyhoo, finished my EMW, have already checked my overnight email and now I'm here.  Next stop is GHF and then FL group.  and that's about it for today that I know of.  :o)

Happy Thursday!   

louannwilkins
by Louann on Sep. 8, 2016 at 7:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Good morning!!  Having some coffee before heading over to my aunts house to clean.  I have Mr M this afternoon. 

Yesterday was a hard hard day!  I went to Mr M's yesterday morning and then had to go clean a house and then had to go clean a condo on the beach.  By the time I got home I was ready to fall out. lol

My mom's appt at the retina dr was a good one.  He said she doesn't need surgery and it all looked ok!!  I was so relieved and immediately looked up and said thank you God!  A big sigh of relief.

I hope you all have a good day!  I'd like a day here at home to do nothing but not this week.  lol  :)

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 7:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Eight hours stand between me and a three day weekend!!! So, what can I get into today. I think I will be working on the upcoming holiday decoration plans. I have some fun ideas for Halloween, but I will be looking for some other things too. Christmas takes up a lot of my time and I need to get my mind around the themes that I will be using this year.

Have to go and get DD a battery for her car after work and problably a few groceries.

Update on the pups. DD's dog is allergic to fleas, so we had to give both dogs medicine last night to get rid of fleas and her dog will take meds for a couple of weeks to get rid of the rashes and scratching!!! 140.00 for the meds!! But if it helps, it will be worth it! The other dog was so happy to see me come home from work and then ecstatic to see her little playmate come home from the vet. She does not like to be alone at all!

nashville27
by on Sep. 8, 2016 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this
After work cleaning, then swimming then taking son to his football practice and meeting friend to take a walk around park while he practices
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Sep. 8, 2016 at 8:36 AM

Johnny posted his plans for the week on his calendar.  He and his GF have lots of activities planned!  I'm jealous, too!  :o)

it may sound cold but I'm sorry, I don't have money for a vet for my cats.  That sounds awful but I barely have money to pay for care for me if I need to see a doctor/dentist!  both are indoors cats and never go outside.  I will have to let nature take it's course with my pets.  sad but true reality.  I really can't think of anything that Mia could have gotten into.  I did check her over yesterday to make sure she didn't have any obvious bleeding, etc, although I'm not sure what I would have done if I found any.

here she is right now- at least she's not in hiding.  :o)

Quoting louannwilkins:

Great pic of your parents!  I'm sure it made Johnny happy.  Is he having the time of his life?  I'm sure he is!  I'm a little jealous.  lol

Poor Margo....I'm sure she'd be lost without you.

I wonder if Mia needs to go to the vet.  Hopefully not since that is expensive normally.  It costs as much to have a pet as it does to have a kid.  lol  Let us know how she's doing. 

Don't work too hard!!  :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Happy Thursday!   

louannwilkins
by Louann on Sep. 8, 2016 at 8:45 AM

My dad had a beagle who was like that.  One flea (seriously) could get on Peanut and he was like something going crazy with scratching.  My dad had to give him some kind of med too.  I hope it helps!!  Have a good day  :)

Quoting darmomusaf:

Eight hours stand between me and a three day weekend!!! So, what can I get into today. I think I will be working on the upcoming holiday decoration plans. I have some fun ideas for Halloween, but I will be looking for some other things too. Christmas takes up a lot of my time and I need to get my mind around the themes that I will be using this year.

Have to go and get DD a battery for her car after work and problably a few groceries.

Update on the pups. DD's dog is allergic to fleas, so we had to give both dogs medicine last night to get rid of fleas and her dog will take meds for a couple of weeks to get rid of the rashes and scratching!!! 140.00 for the meds!! But if it helps, it will be worth it! The other dog was so happy to see me come home from work and then ecstatic to see her little playmate come home from the vet. She does not like to be alone at all!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Sep. 8, 2016 at 8:46 AM

You will have a full day of things to do for sure!  Hope it's a good day  :)

Quoting nashville27: After work cleaning, then swimming then taking son to his football practice and meeting friend to take a walk around park while he practices

Why123
by Nancy on Sep. 8, 2016 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Working.  I have a useless workshop this afternoon.  I have to go.  I don't have a choice.  Then tomorrow morning I have to give a workshop.  We'll see how many of the 3 people actually show up.  It is supposed to rain here for the next 3 days.  Then it will get cool again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)