Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

from my job - another 'funny'

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:27 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

it's really just a poorly worded sentence:

The patient has noticed that she has had some increasing difficulty holding things and dropping objects over the past several weeks. 

In my mind I see a patient who just. can't. drop. things no matter how hard she tries.  LOL. 

Sentence would be better: 

The patient has noticed that she has had some increasing difficulty holding things and HAS BEEN dropping objects over the past several weeks.

by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Why123
by Nancy on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:58 AM

I agree.  That sentence is misleading but cute.

LEK19
by Group Admin on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:59 AM

Your doctors sure have interesting patients!!!

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:30 PM

There are like 10 doctors (neurosurgeons) in this one group I type who deal with everything from carpal tunnel to back issues to brain tumors and 47 visible black characters earn me 10¢.  But yeah, they are interesting to say the least!

The new company says we are to type "verbatim" - in otherwords, exactly what the doctors say.  Except if they say "Dr. John Doe", I can't type it that way.  I have to look up if John Doe is an M.D, D.O., O.D., D.C., etc., and type John Doe, M.D.  Or if they say "2 o'clock in the afternoon", I have to type 2:00 p.m.  or if they say "10/27/2016", I have to type it October 27, 2016.  but if they say a wrong term (which they do a LOT), I'm not allowed to correct that with this new company - but in the old company, I was supposed to use the correct term.  One doctor routinely says, "cervalgia" (medical lingo for headache, or head pain), but the actual term is cervicalgia.  I just can't bring myself to type an incorrect term so I go against the new company's rules and type the correct term anyway.  Let them try and ding me for that!!

Quoting LEK19:

KittyGram
by Becky on Oct. 28, 2016 at 12:41 PM

Haha!! 

I do agree with you, though.

KittyGram
by Becky on Oct. 28, 2016 at 12:46 PM

I went to my ear doctor on Monday of this week.  I haven't been there in a few years, and had to see the Physician's Assistant, who I really liked.  A young woman, very personable - I can honestly say I actually enjoyed the doctor visit - even though I was there for ear wax removal, and it's not comfortable!!!

I had mentioned my two surgeries to her, the first of which was to repair the ruptured ear drum, and the second to remove a cyst as well as to repair the ear drum.  A cyst of this type is called a cholesteatoma.

After she was done with the ear wax removal, she told me my ear drum looks good, and there is no sign of a cholestea-coma.  Haha!  I wanted to correct her!!!  

Quoting suzeebloch:

There are like 10 doctors (neurosurgeons) in this one group I type who deal with everything from carpal tunnel to back issues to brain tumors and 47 visible black characters earn me 10¢.  But yeah, they are interesting to say the least!

The new company says we are to type "verbatim" - in otherwords, exactly what the doctors say.  Except if they say "Dr. John Doe", I can't type it that way.  I have to look up if John Doe is an M.D, D.O., O.D., D.C., etc., and type John Doe, M.D.  Or if they say "2 o'clock in the afternoon", I have to type 2:00 p.m.  or if they say "10/27/2016", I have to type it October 27, 2016.  but if they say a wrong term (which they do a LOT), I'm not allowed to correct that with this new company - but in the old company, I was supposed to use the correct term.  One doctor routinely says, "cervalgia" (medical lingo for headache, or head pain), but the actual term is cervicalgia.  I just can't bring myself to type an incorrect term so I go against the new company's rules and type the correct term anyway.  Let them try and ding me for that!!

Quoting LEK19:

jabs54
by Jeanine on Oct. 28, 2016 at 3:14 PM

Funny!

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Nov. 12, 2016 at 11:03 AM

LOL that gave me a giggle.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)