Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you believe in ghosts?

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:25 PM
  • 18 Replies

It is the time of year where spooks are supposed to be wandering around. Do you believe?

trick or treat

by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deb_vz
by Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:39 PM

I believe in spirits.   I'm not sure exactly what the phenomenon of a ghost actually is, i.e. I'm not sure they are conscious spirits.

Why123
by Nancy on Oct. 27, 2016 at 1:17 PM

Some appear to be conscious.

Quoting deb_vz:

I believe in spirits.   I'm not sure exactly what the phenomenon of a ghost actually is, i.e. I'm not sure they are conscious spirits.

EireLass
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I have remained nuetral on this forever it seems. I just had no reason to believe one way or the other. However.....recently over the past few months, there has been some weirdness, that also brought up a memory of something else weird. 

I was in the laundry room one day, emptying the dryer, and the toilet flushed. I was alone in the laundry room. Whats is that about? Then about a week later I was putting somethings in the front seat of my car and my trunk opened. Again...what is that about!!?? After these 2 incidents we laughed and thought how weird. We don't live in an old house, and nobody ever died here. But it brought up memories of how sometimes the dogs would come to my side of the bed and stare at where the wall meets the ceiling. No bug or anything up there, they'd just stare. And sometimes one of the dogs will sit in the doorway to the kitchen and stare, and sometime bark real softly. 

I don't know what any of it means.....

Why123
by Nancy on Oct. 27, 2016 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Interesting.

Quoting EireLass:

I have remained nuetral on this forever it seems. I just had no reason to believe one way or the other. However.....recently over the past few months, there has been some weirdness, that also brought up a memory of something else weird. 

I was in the laundry room one day, emptying the dryer, and the toilet flushed. I was alone in the laundry room. Whats is that about? Then about a week later I was putting somethings in the front seat of my car and my trunk opened. Again...what is that about!!?? After these 2 incidents we laughed and thought how weird. We don't live in an old house, and nobody ever died here. But it brought up memories of how sometimes the dogs would come to my side of the bed and stare at where the wall meets the ceiling. No bug or anything up there, they'd just stare. And sometimes one of the dogs will sit in the doorway to the kitchen and stare, and sometime bark real softly. 

smokeyjo
by Jozie on Oct. 30, 2016 at 9:04 PM
Having seen many people/things, yes. Recently, I have seen Coco's father,
twice, in our house and once at the fairgrounds while setting up.
Why123
by Nancy on Oct. 31, 2016 at 9:01 AM

I hear them but I don't usually see them.

Quoting smokeyjo: Having seen many people/things, yes. Recently, I have seen Coco's father, twice, in our house and once at the fairgrounds while setting up.

LEK19
by Group Admin on Nov. 2, 2016 at 11:41 AM

Nah, I don't believe they only wander around this time of year. They are always around! haha!

LEK19
by Group Admin on Nov. 2, 2016 at 11:45 AM

What is with the flushing? Someone told me about their experience with hearing footsteps upstairs, walking down through the dining room where they are eating, going into the downstairs bathroom with the toilet being flushed a minute later. This happened often in their old farm house. It has happened to two other owners since. Among other things.

Quoting EireLass:

LEK19
by Group Admin on Nov. 2, 2016 at 11:47 AM

I truly believe you can explain most occurrences, but there are some with no explanation. Someday we may be able to have a better understanding of it. We just don't have that "knowledge" right now.

Why123
by Nancy on Nov. 2, 2016 at 11:51 AM

The really strange occurances are beyond our understanding.  Hopefully some day we will know.

Quoting LEK19:

I truly believe you can explain most occurrences, but there are some with no explanation. Someday we may be able to have a better understanding of it. We just don't have that "knowledge" right now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)