Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today.....Wednesday?

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 7:54 PM
  • 24 Replies

come tell us.....

by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Nov. 1, 2016 at 7:55 PM

post is ready for tomorrow morning  :)

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Nov. 2, 2016 at 5:19 AM

okay - it's Wednesday - that's better!  :o)

so yesterday - just the usual - the form I need to use in the GHF finally got fixed so yay there.  and one user I'm helping made this comment:

Thanks so much for your assistance, Ronna! And thank you for all you do VOLUNTEERING to help struggling users - I imagine it is generally a thankless job that is much more work than you thought it would be.

Boy did she hit the nail on the head!! but her comment did make my day, to be honest! 

today, just more of the same - except I really need to try to get to the grocery store.  lol.  I have plenty to eat but am out of 'snacks' - I like to snack on almonds or cheese during the day and am out of both.  Kinda hard to snack on hamburger or porkchops.  lol.

that's about it - Happy WEEE!

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2016 at 5:41 AM

Another early morning for me. I love this dog, but she is such an early riser! And then she is napping beside me as I drink my coffee and plan my day! Wish it was that easy for me to fall back to sleep!

Off to work in a bit. Time to really get everything organized for next month! But first, I need to finish the November newsletter and get it in the mail for our families! I am working on a special weeklong event for the staff and residents for Christmas--so much planning to do, hoping to have a hot chocolate bar one day and a cookie decorating station another day. I have to plan at least 5 different special events for the week before Christmas. I am thinking of baseing each day on a different Christmas movie. I need to make up my mind so that I can ask for help where it is needed. Yep, that should take care of my work day!!

Home this evening to work on a few projects around here, hoping for a nice weekend so that I can get my yard work done and Halloween decorations down! But, we'll see how it goes!

Have a great day all!!!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Nov. 2, 2016 at 7:15 AM

Good morning Ronna!! 

Wow!  That woman was SO right!  lol  I know it made you feel good to see that others recognize that it's not an easy thing all the time and she appreciated it.  Really nice!

I hope you get to the store.  I was just eating a few slices of sharp cheddar.  Love that stuff!  lol  :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

so yesterday - just the usual - the form I need to use in the GHF finally got fixed so yay there.  and one user I'm helping made this comment:

Thanks so much for your assistance, Ronna! And thank you for all you do VOLUNTEERING to help struggling users - I imagine it is generally a thankless job that is much more work than you thought it would be.

Boy did she hit the nail on the head!! but her comment did make my day, to be honest! 

today, just more of the same - except I really need to try to get to the grocery store.  lol.  I have plenty to eat but am out of 'snacks' - I like to snack on almonds or cheese during the day and am out of both.  Kinda hard to snack on hamburger or porkchops.  lol.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Nov. 2, 2016 at 7:17 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm sure they will all enjoy those things.  I love your enthusiasm and positive attitude when it comes to your job and residents.  I know it has to shine at work for the employees, residents and family to see.  Has to make leaving a family member there a lot easier.  Take care and have a good day.  :)

Quoting darmomusaf:

Another early morning for me. I love this dog, but she is such an early riser! And then she is napping beside me as I drink my coffee and plan my day! Wish it was that easy for me to fall back to sleep!

Off to work in a bit. Time to really get everything organized for next month! But first, I need to finish the November newsletter and get it in the mail for our families! I am working on a special weeklong event for the staff and residents for Christmas--so much planning to do, hoping to have a hot chocolate bar one day and a cookie decorating station another day. I have to plan at least 5 different special events for the week before Christmas. I am thinking of baseing each day on a different Christmas movie. I need to make up my mind so that I can ask for help where it is needed. Yep, that should take care of my work day!!

Home this evening to work on a few projects around here, hoping for a nice weekend so that I can get my yard work done and Halloween decorations down! But, we'll see how it goes!

Have a great day all!!!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Nov. 2, 2016 at 7:20 AM

Good morning!!  Major coffee time today!  lol  I've got a long work day and then church tonight.  I am enjoying church SO much!  Seriously, this church and the people in it are just awesome.  Makes you look forward to going.

Not a lot today other than work.  They say there was some kind of explosion that will affect gas in NC.  AGAIN.  Something like this happened just the other week!!!  So....I hope there aren't shortages etc....I'm SO not in the mood!  lol

Hope you all have a great day!  Beautiful weather here still and that makes me happy too!  :)

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Nov. 2, 2016 at 7:34 AM
1 mom liked this

when I was a kid/teenager, my parents found a Bible church that I really did enjoy going to - the "preacher" called himself a "teacher."  back in those days, he used an overhead projector to help explain what he was 'teaching'.  He was very knowledgable in both Hebrew and Greek and would explain why our English version of the Bible many times interpreted the 'original' words 'wrong' or completely missed the true message.  He taught us much about language - present tense, past tense, verbs, nouns, etc. ! and also would go back to the time the original was written to give us an idea of what was going on back then.  There were no pews in that church - but rather chairs with desks attached (like in school).  Most of us had notebooks to copy what he was teaching.  It would take months sometimes to cover one book in the Bible - sometimes a couple of weeks just to cover one verse!   It was very interesting and we enjoyed it immensely and looked forward to going.  There wasn't an overwhelming "you need to be saved" message since in the teacher's opinion, most of us were (1) already saved and (2) were there primarily to learn how to live our daily lives as Christians according to the Bible.  That teacher passed away 10-15 years ago and the church has never been the same.

I tried a church another time when I was still married to #2 but they didn't sing the hymns I knew so that wasn't enjoyable, and even though I know how important fellowship is, it seemed to me they really tried way too hard to get me to participate in social activities.  I ended up just going to Sunday School for a while because the topic was meaningful to me.  When that topic ended and another started, I lost interest.

and ugh on the explosion - do you mean locally?  I've noticed gas prices have dropped a bit in the last few weeks and it would bite to see them going back up again!

have a great day!!

Quoting louannwilkins:

Good morning!!  Major coffee time today!  lol  I've got a long work day and then church tonight.  I am enjoying church SO much!  Seriously, this church and the people in it are just awesome.  Makes you look forward to going.

Not a lot today other than work.  They say there was some kind of explosion that will affect gas in NC.  AGAIN.  Something like this happened just the other week!!!  So....I hope there aren't shortages etc....I'm SO not in the mood!  lol

Hope you all have a great day!  Beautiful weather here still and that makes me happy too!  :)

EireLass
by Platinum Member on Nov. 2, 2016 at 8:50 AM

I love cranberries. Where I grew up, the farms were plentiful. The other day I found an organic cranberry farm close to me that dry harvests. I bought 5 pounds. Today I'll make cranberry cake, and alot of cranberry sauce!

The weather today is amazingly warm (compared to what we've had over the past 2 weeks). Supposed to be 60*. I think we'll end up taking a motorcycle ride. And walking the dogs. 

These short-light days are killing me though!!!

LEK19
by Group Admin on Nov. 2, 2016 at 10:33 AM

Has anybody seen Lady Saphira around here lately? Or have I just been missing her posts?

LEK19
by Group Admin on Nov. 2, 2016 at 10:35 AM

I bet it IS nice to get a thank you now and then!

Quoting suzeebloch:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)