Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have any pumpkin pie left?

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:05 PM
  • 12 Replies

I made a cranberry cheesecake and 2 pumpkin pies.  The cranberry cheescake is almost gone and there's half a pumpkin pie and a whole pumpkin pie left.  I have a feeling Im going to end up tossing the second pumpkin pie. 

simple frown  How about you?  Do you have any desserts left?

by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jabs54
by Jeanine on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:52 PM

Oh no!!!!!   I just bought a frozen pumpkin pie and baked it so it was small.  We cut it into 4 pieces, lol.  Wish I lived close, I'd help you out with that pumpkin pie ;) 

Marinefranksmom
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:25 PM

Yes, I have a half pumpkin pie left.  I usually make a pumpkin and an apple pie even when it's just DH and me.  My oven broke, the new one wasn't ready to go til late Wed AM so I only had time for one pie.  DH & I decided on pumpkin.  He still hasn't had a piece yet!  I've eaten a slice every nite but now have to be back on my diet.  I'll send the rest to work with DH - his guys will eat it. I hate throwing away food, and the pie was yummy!  But I lost 10 lbs since August and I want to lose 5 more before my next doctor visit.  Pumpkin pie - bye bye!

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Nov. 28, 2016 at 11:38 PM

Pie rarely lasts more than a day in my house LOL.

EireLass
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2016 at 8:42 AM

My husband and I had Thanksgiving alone at home this year. First time!! We always go to Virginia Beach, but stayed home. He bought and cooked lobsters!! Yummy! So food was a minimum, rather than when you cook for a crowd. I made an apple pie, and we still have some of that. I had also made some cookie truffles, but gave some to a couple friends, as well as gobbled them up myself.

Cenedra64
by on Nov. 29, 2016 at 8:47 AM

funny.....I bought a pumpkin pie for my elderly friend.  It's her favorite.  Well I bought the frozen kind.   I usually buy the pre cooked.  I went to he house and she said something is wrong with this pie. It's all runny.  I said you have to bake it first.  She said forget it,...I'll just throw it out. I told her I'd take it home and bake it.   I ate almost the entire pie by myself. LOL It was GOOD

Why123
by Nancy on Nov. 29, 2016 at 8:58 AM

My son bought a pumpkin pie and 2 slices of pecan pie.  I seldom eat dessert so I have no idea if there is any left.

LEK19
by Group Admin on Nov. 29, 2016 at 10:59 AM

There is one slice of apple pie and one triple chocolate fudge cupcake left.

I don't make pumpkin anymore because I always ended up throwing some of it away. Not enough people like it. 

If Don doesn't eat that last piece today I will throw it away. I won't let Anna eat it anymore. I don't keep food around for too long. 

ame19
by on Nov. 29, 2016 at 11:12 AM

There is never any dessert left.

SweetLuci
by Member on Nov. 29, 2016 at 12:25 PM

The pumpkin pie and sweet potato pie were finished that night. My dil made a huge  banana pudding, and it was the best I've ever eaten. Very rich so you could only eat a tiny bit at a time, she gave me some to take, and I finished it yesterday. Today is the last day that leftovers would be safe to eat.

SweetLuci
by Member on Nov. 29, 2016 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this

When my kids were little, I was working, going to school, and taking care of my husband who had become disabled. I didn't have the time or energy to bake one from scratch, so I bought Mrs. Smith's and baked it. My son loved it and that's what it's been ever since!

Quoting Cenedra64:

funny.....I bought a pumpkin pie for my elderly friend.  It's her favorite.  Well I bought the frozen kind.   I usually buy the pre cooked.  I went to he house and she said something is wrong with this pie. It's all runny.  I said you have to bake it first.  She said forget it,...I'll just throw it out. I told her I'd take it home and bake it.   I ate almost the entire pie by myself. LOL It was GOOD

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)