Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today....Monday?

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 7:51 PM
  • 40 Replies

come tell us....

by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 11, 2016 at 7:51 PM

post is ready for tomorrow morning  :)

Marinefranksmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 8:32 PM
2 moms liked this

Monday, I'm having lunch with a former co-worker (we both lost our jobs when they closed our office).  We both have birthdays next week.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Dec. 12, 2016 at 4:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Hey it's Monday!  Was up at 1:30, finished EMW already, OVN emails caught up.

let's see - what did I do yesterday?  I didn't go anywhere - just work and GHF.  I did the 2 projects I needed to get done yesterday - but need to call and pay BCBS for my new insurance and sign some 30 pages and mail to the FL group.  Discovered if one of my doctors pays me the $100 holiday 'bonus' like he always does this time of year, I'll go over the limit and owe a penalty for ACA.  So I sent an email and asked him not to - of course explaining why!  I did a rough estimate though for my taxes and I probably would have been okay with the extra $100.  Oh well. to be honest, I'd rather be safe than sorry.  Looks like I'm gonna owe a bunch again to IRS and that bites.  It was just a rough calculation but I'm sure it's not too far off base.  ugh.  lol. 

anyhoo, it's monday - bath day for mom.  Dad had me pick up a Birds Eye steamed brown rice for mom - it was very bland and she didn't like it.  She's used to japanese white rice.  So, I brought it home and will make a cheesy chicken rice soup.  without a recipe.  LOL.  Chicken broth, chicken, carrots, peas and the rice.  Will make a roux with flour/butter first.  and add cheese and some curry powder and a dash of cooking sherry.  Dang!  That's another thing I forgot to add to my list.  I know i'm just about out of cooking sherry!  I forgot to add shower curtain liners to my list the other day so that's on there now, too.

Other than that - trying to stay warm!  Headed over to GHF now.

Happy Monday!

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2016 at 5:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Good morning!! Woke up this morning to snow!!! I'll have to shovel to get to my car! My pup sure enjoyed being out in that stuff! Back to work for me this morning, catching up from my three day weekend and making sure everything is in place for our week-long event next week! Lots to do!!

Meeting at church tonight, hoping it is short so I can come back home and hibernate for the evening!!

Have a great day all!!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 12, 2016 at 7:23 AM

Good morning!  Glad you got those things taken care of yesterday.  I like it when I can check stuff off my list. 

Can you believe as much cooking as I do that I've never used cooking sherry???  LOL 

I hope you have a great day!  :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Hey it's Monday!  Was up at 1:30, finished EMW already, OVN emails caught up.

let's see - what did I do yesterday?  I didn't go anywhere - just work and GHF.  I did the 2 projects I needed to get done yesterday - but need to call and pay BCBS for my new insurance and sign some 30 pages and mail to the FL group.  Discovered if one of my doctors pays me the $100 holiday 'bonus' like he always does this time of year, I'll go over the limit and owe a penalty for ACA.  So I sent an email and asked him not to - of course explaining why!  I did a rough estimate though for my taxes and I probably would have been okay with the extra $100.  Oh well. to be honest, I'd rather be safe than sorry.  Looks like I'm gonna owe a bunch again to IRS and that bites.  It was just a rough calculation but I'm sure it's not too far off base.  ugh.  lol. 

anyhoo, it's monday - bath day for mom.  Dad had me pick up a Birds Eye steamed brown rice for mom - it was very bland and she didn't like it.  She's used to japanese white rice.  So, I brought it home and will make a cheesy chicken rice soup.  without a recipe.  LOL.  Chicken broth, chicken, carrots, peas and the rice.  Will make a roux with flour/butter first.  and add cheese and some curry powder and a dash of cooking sherry.  Dang!  That's another thing I forgot to add to my list.  I know i'm just about out of cooking sherry!  I forgot to add shower curtain liners to my list the other day so that's on there now, too.

Other than that - trying to stay warm!  Headed over to GHF now.

Happy Monday!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 12, 2016 at 7:24 AM

Oh no!  I'd hate to have to shovel and then go to work!  I hope you have a safe drive to work  :)

Quoting darmomusaf:

Good morning!! Woke up this morning to snow!!! I'll have to shovel to get to my car! My pup sure enjoyed being out in that stuff! Back to work for me this morning, catching up from my three day weekend and making sure everything is in place for our week-long event next week! Lots to do!!

Meeting at church tonight, hoping it is short so I can come back home and hibernate for the evening!!

Have a great day all!!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 12, 2016 at 7:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Good morning.....LONG day today.  I have 3 to do today and I'm hoping I CAN get it done!  lol 

Not a lot going on other than that.  We're supposed to get rain and it's going to be around 70.  What the heck??  lol  The weather is crazy.

I hope you all have a great day!  :)

rockymtngirl
by on Dec. 12, 2016 at 7:28 AM
2 moms liked this
Working
Debraytwinmomma
by on Dec. 12, 2016 at 7:31 AM
My daughter had an ultrasound this morning a Dr appointment this afternoon and I have a Dr appointment this afternoon to get my staples removed
louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 12, 2016 at 7:36 AM

Oh wow....long day for all of you!  I hope it all goes smooth and easy  :)

Quoting Debraytwinmomma: My daughter had an ultrasound this morning a Dr appointment this afternoon and I have a Dr appointment this afternoon to get my staples removed

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)