• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today....Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:49 PM
  • 62 Replies

come tell us.....

by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:49 PM

post is ready for tomorrow morning!  :)

emmygirl31
by Angie on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this

thursday-taking mom to doctor, picking granddaughter up from school cause she has 1/2 day.....friday---cleaning the stove, doing laundry, picking up granddaughter who has 1/2 day again...saturday-grocery shopping. sunday-cleaning out the freezer-we are getting a new one and they are taking the old one away.  Big job, we have to empty it, defrost it and get it ready for them to haul away when they bring the new one.  we are putting frozen stuff in my mom's freezer and my daughter's freezer till our new one is up and running.

Marinefranksmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:48 PM

Thursday morning I have a routine doctor's appointment. Then a few errands, and choir practice in the evening, which I have every Thursday. Friday, I'll be watching the inauguration.  No special plans for Saturday, probably grocery shopping and household chores.  Sunday, my usual singing at 10AM Mass, cooking Sunday dinner -now that DH has a new job with normal hours and weekends off, we enjoy a nice Sunday dinner, usually a pasta meal like the ones I had as a kid since Mom was Italian and Dad loved pasta.  Sometimes, though, I'll make a roast chicken or pork.  I usually make appetizers, occasionally dessert or roasted nuts, and there'll be enough for a couple of more meals. If the weather is nice on Sunday, DH & I may go for a ride.  Last week, we drove the 8 miles to see his new job location.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 19, 2017 at 4:20 AM

Hey it's Thursday.  What an odd feeling week this has been - nothing out of the ordinary going on but the whole week the days haven't felt quite right.  lol.

yesterday the usual - then over to parents to do their laundry.  Mom was in a pretty "good" mood - and for "good" I mean not psychotic/too delusional.  but she keeps talking in Japanese to me!  lol.  I can pick out one or two words I understand but not enough to figure out what she's saying.  She keeps mentioning "people" coming over to the house.  Not sure where that's coming from!

The manager in the GHF is really starting to get under my skin.  Late yesterday afternoon, I made a spreadsheet to show my outstanding escalations and this morning BAM.  About 10 (of the 40) escalations got completed.  You know, this is a volunteer gig for me to help users.  Managers are Google employees being paid to do this.  Irks me to have to eat up my spare time chasing her down when I could be helping other users.  Oh well.  (1) if this wasn't a volunteer gig, I'd have quit long ago.  (2) If I wasn't so hooked on helping users, I'd have quit long ago.  (3) I get to keep practicing/fine-tuning my 'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all' and (4) when I do say something (i.e., write a message), I get to practice saying it in a manner that doesn't show my frustration!

anyhoo - a United Healthcare nurse is coming over to parents at 10 this morning so I'll be cutting out of work early to be there.  It's a "free" service for my folks via UH so I'm curious to see what all they do.  too bad they can't send someone out to clean/cook, etc.  for them instead!!

that's about it - Happy Thursday!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 19, 2017 at 6:57 AM

You have some busy days ahead!  Getting a new freezer is nice.  I used to have one but don't need one now since it's just me.  Anything I need can easily fit in my reg freezer. 

I hope you have a good day!!!  :)

Quoting emmygirl31:

thursday-taking mom to doctor, picking granddaughter up from school cause she has 1/2 day.....friday---cleaning the stove, doing laundry, picking up granddaughter who has 1/2 day again...saturday-grocery shopping. sunday-cleaning out the freezer-we are getting a new one and they are taking the old one away.  Big job, we have to empty it, defrost it and get it ready for them to haul away when they bring the new one.  we are putting frozen stuff in my mom's freezer and my daughter's freezer till our new one is up and running.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 19, 2017 at 6:58 AM

Good morning!!  I hope your dr's appt goes well!!  Have a good day.  :)

Quoting Marinefranksmom:

Thursday morning I have a routine doctor's appointment. Then a few errands, and choir practice in the evening, which I have every Thursday. Friday, I'll be watching the inauguration.  No special plans for Saturday, probably grocery shopping and household chores.  Sunday, my usual singing at 10AM Mass, cooking Sunday dinner -now that DH has a new job with normal hours and weekends off, we enjoy a nice Sunday dinner, usually a pasta meal like the ones I had as a kid since Mom was Italian and Dad loved pasta.  Sometimes, though, I'll make a roast chicken or pork.  I usually make appetizers, occasionally dessert or roasted nuts, and there'll be enough for a couple of more meals. If the weather is nice on Sunday, DH & I may go for a ride.  Last week, we drove the 8 miles to see his new job location.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 19, 2017 at 7:01 AM

Good morning!!  You have had your days all messed up this week.  lol  I think you need to sleep in late on Sat even if you have to take ibuprofen!  lol

I hope the nurse will be of some help and offer some suggestions etc...some that can actually be used!  lol

Have a good day!!  You have a lot of patience.  I'd have quit the ghf a long time ago most likely.  lol  I know you enjoy doing it though.  Maybe one day those paid employees will "get it".  :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Hey it's Thursday.  What an odd feeling week this has been - nothing out of the ordinary going on but the whole week the days haven't felt quite right.  lol.

yesterday the usual - then over to parents to do their laundry.  Mom was in a pretty "good" mood - and for "good" I mean not psychotic/too delusional.  but she keeps talking in Japanese to me!  lol.  I can pick out one or two words I understand but not enough to figure out what she's saying.  She keeps mentioning "people" coming over to the house.  Not sure where that's coming from!

The manager in the GHF is really starting to get under my skin.  Late yesterday afternoon, I made a spreadsheet to show my outstanding escalations and this morning BAM.  About 10 (of the 40) escalations got completed.  You know, this is a volunteer gig for me to help users.  Managers are Google employees being paid to do this.  Irks me to have to eat up my spare time chasing her down when I could be helping other users.  Oh well.  (1) if this wasn't a volunteer gig, I'd have quit long ago.  (2) If I wasn't so hooked on helping users, I'd have quit long ago.  (3) I get to keep practicing/fine-tuning my 'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all' and (4) when I do say something (i.e., write a message), I get to practice saying it in a manner that doesn't show my frustration!

anyhoo - a United Healthcare nurse is coming over to parents at 10 this morning so I'll be cutting out of work early to be there.  It's a "free" service for my folks via UH so I'm curious to see what all they do.  too bad they can't send someone out to clean/cook, etc.  for them instead!!

that's about it - Happy Thursday!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 19, 2017 at 7:03 AM

Good morning!  Coffee and grits time.  lol  I love grits!  I hadn't had in a while so I decided today was the day.  lol  I'm heading over to Mr M's house and then will head out to see Breana!  I'm so excited to see her!!!  I'll spend the night and come back tomorrow evening.  I'm going to clean 2 houses on Friday before heading back.  I'm also getting a hair cut when I get into town today.  Super excited about that too!  lol

I hope it's a good day for all of you!  :)

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 19, 2017 at 7:26 AM

Thursday, some pool time.  Tonight we have a potluck with the newcomers group we joined.  

Friday pool time and we are going with dh's ex boss and his wife to the movies and do dinner.  Not sure yet, the guys may go to the movies and we may shop.  

Saturday, probably pool and beach

Sunday, not sure.  May be rainy but maybe not until evening.  

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 19, 2017 at 8:06 AM

oh I love grits, too!

Back in I think about 2003/2006 or so, I ate grits a lot - I loved dousing them with butter and cream and sugar ... I also would fix Cream of Rice, Cream of Wheat, Malt-o-Meal.  I gained so much weight back then, too - what was I thinking??   I'd have a bowl at breakfast, have a bowl after supper for "dessert" before bedtime ... ugh! During those days, I was in the midst of my horrible divorce/custody issue, Jessica was giving me fits, the mortgage company I had worked for for 7 years had gone bankrupt and I was struggling to make ends meet.  I guess I was a little stressed back then, huh? 

I still have a box (in a ziploc baggie) of both Cream of Rice and Cream of Wheat - I know those aren't true grits - but the texture is similar.  When I need a comfort food, I'll make a bowlful - and of course still with butter and cream but now my zero-calorie sweetner.  lol.

have a wonderful afternoon - Mr. M AND Breana in one day!  woot woot!

Quoting louannwilkins:

Good morning!  Coffee and grits time.  lol  I love grits!  I hadn't had in a while so I decided today was the day.  lol  I'm heading over to Mr M's house and then will head out to see Breana!  I'm so excited to see her!!!  I'll spend the night and come back tomorrow evening.  I'm going to clean 2 houses on Friday before heading back.  I'm also getting a hair cut when I get into town today.  Super excited about that too!  lol

I hope it's a good day for all of you!  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)