• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Salt cave?!

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:04 AM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

I've been hearing ads on the radio lately for a local "salt cave".  Have any of you heard of these?

Their website says, "...Surrounded by 7 tons of hand mined salt from the Himalayan Mountain ranges....salt therapy, may boost the immune system and reduce chronic fatigue and stress....Salt Cave treatments may improve symptoms of Asthma (mucus plugs, wheezing, congestion), Side effects of smoking, allergies (industrial and household pollutants), lung infections, cystic fibrosis, frequent viral infections, bronchitis, atopic dermatitis, snoring, sleep apnea, poor concentration, ADHD, ear infections, chronic tonsillitis, sinuses, weakened immune systems, thyroid gland disorders, arthritis, skin diseases, acne, eczema, psoriasis."

I would love to have some relief from arthritis, I'm hypo-thyroid, have sleep apnea, chronic tonsillitis, and I'd love to get rid of my sinus issues.... but is this for real?

They charge $25 for a 45 minute session, and offer other package deals for the purchase of 5 or 10 sessions.  I just don't want to be scammed!! 

by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Holly.
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a couple of Himalayan salt lamps in my home. Look up information on those and you can see the benefits. That may be something you'd want to consider for your bedroom. A salt cave sounds like a great experience, if nothing else. I'd definitely do it. For that price it would be worth it, that's cheap.
.Holly.
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Also, I wouldn't buy a package deal at first, just do it once and see how it makes you feel, then go from there if you think it's worth it. Then you aren't out much money if you felt it did nothing for you.
KittyGram
by Becky on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting .Holly.: Also, I wouldn't buy a package deal at first, just do it once and see how it makes you feel, then go from there if you think it's worth it. Then you aren't out much money if you felt it did nothing for you.

Great advice!  Thanks!!!

.Holly.
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this
You're welcome. I want to do it now, can I go with you? lol Have fun if you do it and let us know how it was.

Quoting KittyGram:

Quoting .Holly.: Also, I wouldn't buy a package deal at first, just do it once and see how it makes you feel, then go from there if you think it's worth it. Then you aren't out much money if you felt it did nothing for you.

Great advice!  Thanks!!!

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I got my daughter a salt lamp for Christmas.  A friend of hers had one and loved it.  I got it on Amazon.  I now want to get one for myself.  I don't know anything about a salt cave though or what they call therapy.

Cenedra64
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Hmm you'd think I'd remember.  I got the Planet Earth series and love watching it. It has a lot of caves in it.   My ex husband bought me some nice lotions  from Israel from the Dead Sea.  It is amazingly good stuff!!  I love the lotion.  I watched a show where people actual float and swim in it for the healing properties. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never heard of it so it will be nice to read these replies and see what you find out.  :)

EireLass
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Interesting. I'm going to check into this.

JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I haven't heard of that brand but I know of a couple health food stores that recommend himalayan salt to be mixed with water to help with all kinds of ailments because of the minerals they contain. I haven't tried it though.

jabs54
by Jeanine on Jan. 27, 2017 at 2:38 PM

I have a Himalayan salt lamp but then there was a recall because they started on fire so I'm afraid to use it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)