• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today...Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:50 PM
  • 63 Replies

come tell us.....

by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:51 PM

Post is ready for tomorrow morning  :)

Marinefranksmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:53 PM

Nothing too exciting. Tomorrow I'm having breakfast with a dear friend, and it's her birthday so I'll pick up the tab. She has a baking business out of her home and also helps care for her 2 little grandsons so we don't see eachother too often.  So, every few months, we meet at a nearby IHOP and talk and catch up for a couple of hours. Saturday, DH & I are finally putting away the Christmas decorations.  Due to the weather and his work schedule, we couldn't get them away til now. We'll also try to go out to dinner over the weekend - we haven't been anywhere since before Christmas. Sunday, we'll probably take a ride if the weather's nice. 

american flag ribbon

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 27, 2017 at 5:28 AM

Hey it's Friday!

so yesterday mom's appointment - turns out nothing is broken - her hips look like they belong to a 30 year old, said the doctor.  They took x-rays of her lower spine and he said that's where the problem is.  So obviously the radiofrequency ablation she had last year has worn off.  To the tune of over $20K if it wasn't for her insurance.  So, waiting for insurance approval to get an MRI and then appointment with pain clinic for steroid injections.  Which is what I was hoping for the last time but that doc only recommended the radiofrequency ablation.   Mom can barely walk, even with a walker!  She has pain going down mostly into her right groin/thigh.  That's called 'radiculopathy' and I type this shit every day so I kind of had an idea of what's going on.  Parents live in a split-level house so there are stairs no matter which way we go.  Mom found it easier to "crawl" upstairs yesterday when we got home.  But know for sure need to get her up/down those stairs at least twice more before she finally gets treated and hope to goodness it works.  I wouldn't know what the next step would be if she can't get pain relief!

Anyhoo, today work, GHF and parents.  I think I'll set my alarm and let myself hit the snooze a bunch of times Saturday morning!  Knowing all the while I don't have to start work until 7.  lol.

it's been cold the past few days - even saw a few random snowflakes yesterday!  Today's high is 41 though.  I'm ready for winter to be over.

hey, happy Friday!

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2017 at 7:15 AM

Today, I say goodbye to a good friend, she was my SIL's grandmother, treated my kids like one of her own grandchildren, for the last couple of years was one of my residents! I took a vacation day today to spend with family and friends! Not sure what the rest of weekend will bring! I have to do a little shopping, but that will all depend on the weather here in my part of the country! 

Our church is hosting a ladies tea tomorrow afternoon, so I am going to try to attend that also. 

I'm thinking a weekend curled up with a book sounds like a great plan!!!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 27, 2017 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Good morning!!  Having breakfast with your friend sounds FUN!!  I know you will enjoy it. 

I would be nuts if I still had Christmas decorations up.  lol  My friend from high school has been sick and she just got hers put away too.  She was laughing and said I want to see you but I'm so glad you didn't come up while all the decorations were still out in Jan because you'd have been broke out in hives!!  LOL  I don't know why I put mine away so soon but once Christmas is over I want it gone.  lol  I hope you have an awesome weekend!!  :)

Quoting Marinefranksmom:

Nothing too exciting. Tomorrow I'm having breakfast with a dear friend, and it's her birthday so I'll pick up the tab. She has a baking business out of her home and also helps care for her 2 little grandsons so we don't see eachother too often.  So, every few months, we meet at a nearby IHOP and talk and catch up for a couple of hours. Saturday, DH & I are finally putting away the Christmas decorations.  Due to the weather and his work schedule, we couldn't get them away til now. We'll also try to go out to dinner over the weekend - we haven't been anywhere since before Christmas. Sunday, we'll probably take a ride if the weather's nice. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 27, 2017 at 9:05 AM

Good morning!!  Well, I'm very happy nothing was broken but SO sorry she has to be in such pain until the dr gets in touch with the insurance co.  Couldn't THAT dr do anything yesterday?????  I mean, couldn't he have called them then?  I don't know....just asking because it would break my heart to have to send a patient home like that.  What if any suggestions did he offer for her pain in the meantime?  It makes me so sad!!!  Hug your mom for me!!!!  lol  It will make me feel better.

I hope you have a good and stress free day today.  Hit that snooze button all you want Ronna!!  LOL  :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Hey it's Friday!

so yesterday mom's appointment - turns out nothing is broken - her hips look like they belong to a 30 year old, said the doctor.  They took x-rays of her lower spine and he said that's where the problem is.  So obviously the radiofrequency ablation she had last year has worn off.  To the tune of over $20K if it wasn't for her insurance.  So, waiting for insurance approval to get an MRI and then appointment with pain clinic for steroid injections.  Which is what I was hoping for the last time but that doc only recommended the radiofrequency ablation.   Mom can barely walk, even with a walker!  She has pain going down mostly into her right groin/thigh.  That's called 'radiculopathy' and I type this shit every day so I kind of had an idea of what's going on.  Parents live in a split-level house so there are stairs no matter which way we go.  Mom found it easier to "crawl" upstairs yesterday when we got home.  But know for sure need to get her up/down those stairs at least twice more before she finally gets treated and hope to goodness it works.  I wouldn't know what the next step would be if she can't get pain relief!

Anyhoo, today work, GHF and parents.  I think I'll set my alarm and let myself hit the snooze a bunch of times Saturday morning!  Knowing all the while I don't have to start work until 7.  lol.

it's been cold the past few days - even saw a few random snowflakes yesterday!  Today's high is 41 though.  I'm ready for winter to be over.

hey, happy Friday!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 27, 2017 at 9:08 AM

I'm so sorry about your friend.  It's nice to have friends like that who are so good to your children.

I think a tea sounds FUN!! I hope you make it. 
Take care, curl up with your book and have a good weekend.  :)

Quoting darmomusaf:

Today, I say goodbye to a good friend, she was my SIL's grandmother, treated my kids like one of her own grandchildren, for the last couple of years was one of my residents! I took a vacation day today to spend with family and friends! Not sure what the rest of weekend will bring! I have to do a little shopping, but that will all depend on the weather here in my part of the country! 

Our church is hosting a ladies tea tomorrow afternoon, so I am going to try to attend that also. 

I'm thinking a weekend curled up with a book sounds like a great plan!!!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 27, 2017 at 9:11 AM

Good morning!  Sipping on coffee and need to go get something to eat soon.  I'm not sure what I want. 

I have to go to Mr M's house this afternoon but I'm enjoying the morning home right now. 

I want to go back to the HP website and look at the computer I saved on there again.  I don't really want to order it because it would have to be charged and since I just went in debt for a phone I'm just not sure what to do.  The computer is on sale and is about 300 less than normal.  I don't know how long that will last.  Anyway....I am going to go back and just look at it and see if it says how long they'll offer that price.  I'm not sure what if any programs have to be on it to come here or fb or email etc...I'm definitely not computer savvy!  lol

Next weekend I'll have company one night so I'm going to enjoy this weekend which should be quiet.

Have a great day everyone!!  :)

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 27, 2017 at 9:19 AM

Working today.  Had to sweep the snow off my car before I came in this morning.  They are calling for snow showers all weekend.  I could do without the snow.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 27, 2017 at 9:36 AM

Are you getting a laptop?  or would you be okay with a desktop computer?  Reason I ask is that I know a guy here locally who would fix you up with the CPU for like $50.  seriously.  He already did that for both Margo and Becky!!  But you'd need the peripherals - monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, etc.  For some reason, I think you have a laptop.  But let me know!  You only need a web browser to get on FB, CM, etc. and that's easy enough to install.

Quoting louannwilkins:

Good morning!  Sipping on coffee and need to go get something to eat soon.  I'm not sure what I want. 

I have to go to Mr M's house this afternoon but I'm enjoying the morning home right now. 

I want to go back to the HP website and look at the computer I saved on there again.  I don't really want to order it because it would have to be charged and since I just went in debt for a phone I'm just not sure what to do.  The computer is on sale and is about 300 less than normal.  I don't know how long that will last.  Anyway....I am going to go back and just look at it and see if it says how long they'll offer that price.  I'm not sure what if any programs have to be on it to come here or fb or email etc...I'm definitely not computer savvy!  lol

Next weekend I'll have company one night so I'm going to enjoy this weekend which should be quiet.

Have a great day everyone!!  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)