Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today.....Wednesday?

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 8:23 PM
  • 34 Replies

come tell us....

by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 21, 2017 at 8:24 PM

post is ready for tomorrow morning

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Feb. 22, 2017 at 5:46 AM

and it's tomorrow!

yesterday was such a long day.  at one point I had to double-check that it was still only Tuesday!  Finished work at 11:30, had Gmail Hangout at noon but the one manager that could give me fits if I let her, was at home, tending to "leaks" - all that rain in the SF area - so of course my poor hostage guy is left hanging yet again as well as about 5 other users!  But, left that hangout early to meet the housecleaner over at my parents.  That went well - she didn't start cleaning because it was just a meet-n-greet and I have a few things I'll get over the weekend for her to get started.  Then the physical therapist was over.  there really aren't exercises per se to help mom with her leg pain due to that fracture, but really more it's exercises to help 'strengthen' her muscles.  yeah.  like that's gonna really work!  LOL.  Anyhoo, got home around 4:30.  Oh, between the housekeeper and the therapist, I touched base with my google hostage, had him create a new post and then I submitted a new request to have his account checked.  Hopefully that will go more quickly as it's been over a month now since I submitted my first request!  The other volunteers who do the recovery issues are ready to stop doing the recovery threads all together because of continued delays, mess ups and general lack of response from the manager. 

anyhoo, got home around 4:30, took my sleepy meds and read until just after 6 and then turned out the lights.

Up this morning at 1:45.  EMW is done.  OVN emails caught up. GHF caught up.  MWAK just about done.  Then I'll head over to the GHF to see if I can find more users with recovery issues, then over to the FL group at 6.  And back over to parents this afternoon because it's laundry day.  :o)

Happy WEEE!

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2017 at 6:24 AM
Good Wednesday Morning! 🌞

Foggy here in the D this morning. I have a back way into work that shouldn't be too bad.

Yesterday was pretty much a bust at work. So much sitting around and waiting. The girl I had a meeting with forgot to come in early at 12pm and didn't come to 2:30. I killed time at TraderJoe's and promptly locked my keys in the car. Good thing it was nice out.

Today is normal. The boy to school, work, Yoga, laundry. Dinner already in the crockpot so at least I won't worry about that.

Louann, yoga went better last week, I think because I didn't do stuff I couldn't. Still deciding on it though....
darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2017 at 6:38 AM

Well, after a wonderful day at work yesterday making cinnamon rolls with the residents and playing cards with one of them who doesn't often come out of his room, I came home to find our furnace repair guy waiting for me. Our furnance went off yesterday morning and wouldn't come back on. After a quick check, he informed me that it was done!!! Thankfully, it is not quite so cold this week, but now we have to look for a new furnace. We have been so blessed with friends who have offered electric heaters to get us through. We pulled out our sleeping bags and extra blankets and made it through the night.

Today, off to work and all that it involves, taking some time off this afternoon to talk to the guys at our local plumbing/furance place and praying for some good results. Nothing planned for this evening, so maybe some baking to warm up the house! Have a great day all!!!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 22, 2017 at 6:59 AM

Good morning!!  I'm glad you were able to meet the house cleaner and the PT person.  Hopefully doing those exercises a couple of times a week will help. 

As for the GHF....I would have left that all together a long time ago.  lol  I know how much you enjoy it but it would be something that got on my nerves more than I would enjoy it I think.  I sure hope that poor guy gets back into his account.  lol  It's been WAY too long now.

Have a good day and don't work too hard!!  :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

and it's tomorrow!

yesterday was such a long day.  at one point I had to double-check that it was still only Tuesday!  Finished work at 11:30, had Gmail Hangout at noon but the one manager that could give me fits if I let her, was at home, tending to "leaks" - all that rain in the SF area - so of course my poor hostage guy is left hanging yet again as well as about 5 other users!  But, left that hangout early to meet the housecleaner over at my parents.  That went well - she didn't start cleaning because it was just a meet-n-greet and I have a few things I'll get over the weekend for her to get started.  Then the physical therapist was over.  there really aren't exercises per se to help mom with her leg pain due to that fracture, but really more it's exercises to help 'strengthen' her muscles.  yeah.  like that's gonna really work!  LOL.  Anyhoo, got home around 4:30.  Oh, between the housekeeper and the therapist, I touched base with my google hostage, had him create a new post and then I submitted a new request to have his account checked.  Hopefully that will go more quickly as it's been over a month now since I submitted my first request!  The other volunteers who do the recovery issues are ready to stop doing the recovery threads all together because of continued delays, mess ups and general lack of response from the manager. 

anyhoo, got home around 4:30, took my sleepy meds and read until just after 6 and then turned out the lights.

Up this morning at 1:45.  EMW is done.  OVN emails caught up. GHF caught up.  MWAK just about done.  Then I'll head over to the GHF to see if I can find more users with recovery issues, then over to the FL group at 6.  And back over to parents this afternoon because it's laundry day.  :o)

Happy WEEE!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 22, 2017 at 7:01 AM

Good morning!!  I hate locking the keys in the car!!!  I've done that a couple of times.  I also locked the keys in the house....keys to the house and the car.  So much fun!  LOL

I hope you have a good day.  :)

Quoting Cindy18: Good Wednesday Morning! 🌞 Foggy here in the D this morning. I have a back way into work that shouldn't be too bad. Yesterday was pretty much a bust at work. So much sitting around and waiting. The girl I had a meeting with forgot to come in early at 12pm and didn't come to 2:30. I killed time at TraderJoe's and promptly locked my keys in the car. Good thing it was nice out. Today is normal. The boy to school, work, Yoga, laundry. Dinner already in the crockpot so at least I won't worry about that. Louann, yoga went better last week, I think because I didn't do stuff I couldn't. Still deciding on it though....

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 22, 2017 at 7:03 AM

Good morning!  Cinnamon rolls sound good!! 

I'm sorry about the furnace.  That will be quite an expense.  I dread the day I hear that here!!!  lol  Hopefully you'll get a good price.  Be careful of those electric heaters.  They can really run your bill up.  :)

Quoting darmomusaf:

Well, after a wonderful day at work yesterday making cinnamon rolls with the residents and playing cards with one of them who doesn't often come out of his room, I came home to find our furnace repair guy waiting for me. Our furnance went off yesterday morning and wouldn't come back on. After a quick check, he informed me that it was done!!! Thankfully, it is not quite so cold this week, but now we have to look for a new furnace. We have been so blessed with friends who have offered electric heaters to get us through. We pulled out our sleeping bags and extra blankets and made it through the night.

Today, off to work and all that it involves, taking some time off this afternoon to talk to the guys at our local plumbing/furance place and praying for some good results. Nothing planned for this evening, so maybe some baking to warm up the house! Have a great day all!!!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 22, 2017 at 7:06 AM

Good morning!!  I did NOT want to get up when the clock went off.  lol  I was sleeping so good!!  I did dream a couple of crazy dreams though. 

I'm not sure if I'll get in here tomorrow or not.  I'm driving up to Raleigh and so it just depends on how I feel once I get back.  I have to get right up on Friday on go to work.  Yay me!  LOL

I went through a bunch of papers yesterday and receipts I'd saved and shredded them.  It's amazing how many you end up with!!!  I have all those kinds of things in a folder that is like an accordian.  I should probably get a file cabinet but I don't want one crowding things.  Anyway, it's nice and slim again now.  lol

Have a good day!!  :)

annie-durham
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2017 at 7:08 AM

Good morning.

Well didn't sleep well, worrying about mom and if we are doing the right thing.

I am going over to mom/sisters house for 8:30 today to meet a supervisor to have her home care increased from 2 a week to 2 a day every day.  We may have to fight for this and I'm not good at that.

I'm just so worried we are not doing the right thing and she'd be better in hospital.

Hubby needs to go to costco some time today he broke his glasses and they need to fix them, its my card so he can't go on his own.

I still need to call the dentist about my broken tooth, but (knock wood) its not bothering me right now so I think I'm ok for a while. 

annie-durham
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2017 at 7:11 AM

Did you get the results of your mothers MRI.  I possibly missed it last week while I was on the cruise.   I notice you mentioned a fracture where is it exactly.

Sounds like your mom is still able to walk though.  My mom's pain right now is preventing that.  She just screams if we even try to get her to sit up in bed.   She is most comfortable lying flat or slightly propped up to eat.  So our biggest issue is of course the bathroom she is in a diaper now and before she was able to use the bathroom on her own.

Quoting suzeebloch:

and it's tomorrow!

Happy WEEE!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)