Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A LITTLE HELP HERE PLEASE

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2017 at 11:30 AM
  • 70 Replies

I am not used to large groups here on cm.   Although with all large groups I notice there is a core group that posts most days.  I am trying to keep track of everyone.

Could you please give me a little info on yourself if you are comfortable doing that.   Perhaps where you live, how many kids/grandkids you have, your real name if you wish, if you work or not.  

I'm hoping to get to know some of you better and then feel more comfortable here.  

by on Mar. 20, 2017 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 11:46 AM

Boston, MA

2 kids 2 grands

married 24 years. I work as a nanny.

Why123
by Nancy on Mar. 20, 2017 at 11:57 AM

I am Nancy.  I live in Ohio.  I have 4 children, 11 grandchildren and 4 great grandchildren.  I still work full time in Learning Technology Support at the local community college.

annie-durham
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:00 PM

Wow good for you working as a nanny.    I ran a home daycare for years when I was home with my kids, its not easy.  

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Boston, MA

2 kids 2 grands

married 24 years. I work as a nanny.

annie-durham
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:01 PM

Hi Nancy, we must have similiar weather I'm in s. ontario.  We drive through Ohio on our trip to florida each year.   Right down I-75.

Wow 4 greatgrandchildren, I'm impressed.  

Quoting Why123:

I am Nancy.  I live in Ohio.  I have 4 children, 11 grandchildren and 4 great grandchildren.  I still work full time in Learning Technology Support at the local community college.

Why123
by Nancy on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

They are all boys too.  I don't go to Florida but I drive down to Georgia every year to visit my oldest daughter and her family.

Quoting annie-durham:

Hi Nancy, we must have similiar weather I'm in s. ontario.  We drive through Ohio on our trip to florida each year.   Right down I-75.

Wow 4 greatgrandchildren, I'm impressed.  

Quoting Why123:

Marinefranksmom
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:50 PM

Sure!  My name is Helen.  I live in NJ.  I am married to my husband for almost 32 years and we have one son.  He is married and lives in SC where he was a Marine stationed there and where he met his wife.  He is a police officer, she's a banker. They have 2 sweet kids, son, age 6 and daughter, age 3.  I/we get to see them about 3 times a year. I am now retired, my husband is a power plant engineer and we have a sweet Dalmatian puppy, 8 months old. I love to cook, read, and sing.  I am very active in my church choir and I sing in a barbershop quartet.  My husband and I enjoy collecting antiques - I like glass, china, furniture; he likes steam whistles and railroad artifacts.  Please feel free to tell us more about yourself and your family!  Nice meeting you!

american flag ribbon

annie-durham
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Well Hi Helen.

I have been married for 43 years this September, yes I was a child bride.  My husband is retired too but recently went back to work driving for a company that takes people to dr's appointments and hospital appointments.  He loves to drive so it works out well for him giving him some spending money for golf.

You sing in a Barbershop QUartet?    I always thought that was sort of all men?

Quoting Marinefranksmom:

Sure!  My name is Helen.  I live in NJ.  I am married to my husband for almost 32 years and we have one son.  He is married and lives in SC where he was a Marine stationed there and where he met his wife.  He is a police officer, she's a banker. They have 2 sweet kids, son, age 6 and daughter, age 3.  I/we get to see them about 3 times a year. I am now retired, my husband is a power plant engineer and we have a sweet Dalmatian puppy, 8 months old. I love to cook, read, and sing.  I am very active in my church choir and I sing in a barbershop quartet.  My husband and I enjoy collecting antiques - I like glass, china, furniture; he likes steam whistles and railroad artifacts.  Please feel free to tell us more about yourself and your family!  Nice meeting you!

jabs54
by Jeanine on Mar. 20, 2017 at 1:59 PM

Jeanine.  Married, 3 kids.  2 step kids (one is deceased).  6 grandchildren. 1 step grandchild.  Live in Wisconsin.  Have a daycare in my home although thinking of retiring...

skyenbaby
by on Mar. 20, 2017 at 2:02 PM
Skye. Pennsylvania. One son, 5 years old. I work in child care. We live with my SO and coparent with my ex a few towns over. Life is pretty quiet and drama free for us. Nice to meet ya.
Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 2:04 PM

Feel free to click on my name and read my personal statement on my profile page

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)