Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am not used to large groups here on cm.   Although with all large groups I notice there is a core group that posts most days.  I am trying to keep track of everyone.

Could you please give me a little info on yourself if you are comfortable doing that.   Perhaps where you live, how many kids/grandkids you have, your real name if you wish, if you work or not.  

I'm hoping to get to know some of you better and then feel more comfortable here.  

by on Mar. 20, 2017 at 11:30 AM
Replies (61-70):
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Mar. 23, 2017 at 3:44 PM

I doubt I will ever have any grandchildren. It is not one of those "I ned granchildren" sitiations for me, if I have any fine, if not fine.

Quoting annie-durham:

Hi Lisa grandchildren are wonderful but I would not rush any of my children into it.   My daughter was 33 before she presented us with our first granddaughter.  

Quoting LadySaphira:

Lisa

Western, NY

4 kids, no grands

Married 27 in April, work part time as a housekeeper in nursing home.

Donations to our team can be made here: #mce_temp_url#

tamech
by New Member on Mar. 24, 2017 at 8:58 PM
I'm Tammy & ive been married for 37 years this year. We have 4 children that are all married & we have 11 grandchildren & 1 great grandson. I work as a certified medical Asst in Indiana. I went back to college when my youngest daughter was a senior in high school. My husband had to retire due to heart problems. He recently had a stroke 2 weeks ago & has asphia, it's where he knows what your saying but can't get it out to communicate. He Starts speech therapy next week.
cindim1963
by Member on Mar. 24, 2017 at 9:09 PM

Hi, Annie.  My name is Cindi and I live in NE NC.  I have 2 grown kids and 4 grandkids.  I am my mom's primary caretaker and because I do this, I don't work outside the home.  I do part-time medical transcription online but because Mom has so many appointments some weeks it's only PT.

annie-durham
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2017 at 9:10 PM

Hi Tammy.  Good for you going back to college and getting a degree.  Sorry to hear your husband had a stroke, hope he continues to improve.  

Quoting tamech: I'm Tammy & ive been married for 37 years this year. We have 4 children that are all married & we have 11 grandchildren & 1 great grandson. I work as a certified medical Asst in Indiana. I went back to college when my youngest daughter was a senior in high school. My husband had to retire due to heart problems. He recently had a stroke 2 weeks ago & has asphia, it's where he knows what your saying but can't get it out to communicate. He Starts speech therapy next week.

annie-durham
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2017 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Cindi my brother lives in New Bern NC.  He moved there from Canada over 30 years ago and we can't get him to come home.  My mom lives with my sister and she is also her primary caregiver now.  Since they live a few blocks from me I am over there helping a lot too.  

Quoting cindim1963:

Hi, Annie.  My name is Cindi and I live in NE NC.  I have 2 grown kids and 4 grandkids.  I am my mom's primary caretaker and because I do this, I don't work outside the home.  I do part-time medical transcription online but because Mom has so many appointments some weeks it's only PT.

cindim1963
by Member on Mar. 24, 2017 at 9:29 PM

My DD lives near New Bern and she won't move back either - she has 2 girls and she works at a convenience store as an asst manager.  She does come visit us about once every 3 months, in fact she's coming up next month the weekend before Memorial Day, and we won't see them again until after Labor Day.

My DS is an assistant cybersecurity manager at a WalMart in Iowa, he married a girl with 2 kids and calls them his own.  His wife works at a Tyson plant doing the bookkeeping on the graveyard shit.

My sister lives on the OBX and is coming up on 4/3 because Mom has an eye Dr appointment that she will take us to and we will have lunch together.  She is the rental manager at a real estate office so can't really take a lot of time off to help with the day-to-day care.  Although when my mom had an aneurysm in June and was in the hospital in Norfolk she was there with me every day she had off.  I had a cousin that I stayed with in Norfolk so I was there every day.  Thank goodness for The Tide!  $20 a week for unlimited riding on all orms of public transportation versus $20 a day to park in the hospital parking lot for the amount of time I was there each day.

Quoting annie-durham:

Hi Cindi my brother lives in New Bern NC.  He moved there from Canada over 30 years ago and we can't get him to come home.  My mom lives with my sister and she is also her primary caregiver now.  Since they live a few blocks from me I am over there helping a lot too.  

Mariagma3
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2017 at 11:08 PM
Maria from Grayslake, IL. 3 kids, 5 grands in May. Married 27 years to Ray. (God help me!)❤😍👵
annie-durham
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2017 at 8:10 AM

Hi Maria.  Congrats on the new grandchild coming.   I have two born in May also.

Quoting Mariagma3: Maria from Grayslake, IL. 3 kids, 5 grands in May. Married 27 years to Ray. (God help me!)❤😍👵

valkay
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2017 at 9:51 AM

Valerie here been a member since 2010.I have 3 grown sons . 2 are married. One has 2 sons and a daughter. We moved to Kansas 2 1/2 years ago to be closer to the grandkids.

In the past month I have had Melanomas removed from my arm and nose.  Never thought such small spots would leave such big scars.

annie-durham
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2017 at 10:43 AM

Hey Val I recognize you from another group.

I didn't realize you had melanoma's removed.  My sister has had 2 basal cells on her face removed too.   One was a noticeable scar on the side of  her nose the other you can't even see.  But I know with melanoma they have to dig deeper.  

Quoting valkay:

Valerie here been a member since 2010.I have 3 grown sons . 2 are married. One has 2 sons and a daughter. We moved to Kansas 2 1/2 years ago to be closer to the grandkids.

In the past month I have had Melanomas removed from my arm and nose.  Never thought such small spots would leave such big scars.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)