Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Random fact - 4-10-17

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:52 AM
  • 4 Replies

I thought, because "tax day" will soon be upon us, that I'd find a tax-related fact for today.

According to blog.shoeboxed.com, "If you're worried about making a mistake on your taxes, don't be.... According to "Money Magazine", when nearly 50 tax professionals and accountants were asked to complete the same tax return for a single family, they came up with nearly 50 different answers."

And a second fact:  from efile.com, "Can the cost of breast implants be deducted?  In 1994, one stripper's attempt to get more tips led her to undergo breast augemtntation surgery.  She then proceeded to deduct the expense from her taxes.  A tax court judge ruled in favor of the stripper, stating that the implants were a stage prop, and thus a legitimate work expense that can be deducted." 

by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Why123
by Nancy on Apr. 10, 2017 at 12:32 PM

At one point in time I worked for H&R Block.  I know about different tax interpretations.  They had a man come in with a white cane who wanted to take a total loss on a car on his taxes.  He thought he could see a little better one day so he got a driver's license, bought a car and totaled it on the way home because he couldn't see the other traffic.  That was very interesting information.

KittyGram
by Becky on Apr. 10, 2017 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow!!!! 

I bet you've got a lot of interesting stories you could tell.  This one is really something!!!

Quoting Why123:

At one point in time I worked for H&R Block.  I know about different tax interpretations.  They had a man come in with a white cane who wanted to take a total loss on a car on his taxes.  He thought he could see a little better one day so he got a driver's license, bought a car and totaled it on the way home because he couldn't see the other traffic.  That was very interesting information.

KittyGram
by Becky on Apr. 10, 2017 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Why123:

My daughter put in an application this year with Jackson Hewitt, but never got a call from them.  

LEK19
by Group Admin on Apr. 10, 2017 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, no! Does that mean I don't have to worry about making mistakes but I do have to worry about the accountant who does our taxes?!? haha!

Unreal about that boob job. I wonder how many went out to find a stripper job long enough to make their boob job deductable? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)