Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

On hold music

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:06 PM
  • 5 Replies

This is probably just random.

I called the Elder Law Hotline a few moments ago to get information for me and my brother regarding parent's house and ramification if mom and/or dad need nursing facility via Medicaid down the road.

While I was on hold, it was playing the instrumental version of Karen Carpenter's "I know I need to be in love" - just this part - over and over.

"I know I need to be in love.  I know I've wasted too much time.

I know I ask perfection of a quite imperfect world and fool enough to think that's what I'll find"

It just struck me as being rather morbid for on-hold music for ELDER LAW HOTLINE. 

or maybe it's just me.   I happen to love this tune mostly because it's in my vocal range and in the privacy of my home or car I can sing as loud as I want and hit the right notes each time.  LOL.

by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
momof337
by Stephanie on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:14 PM
It is alittle odd,but at least its not opera sounding music which I've been stuck with while on hold
Marinefranksmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:25 PM

It's a nice melody and if one doesn't happen to know the lyrics, I guess it's ok.  If the lyrics are included, I'd be inclined to agree with you.  On hold never seems to please everyone - when I worked in my last job, customer service, most seemed to like the light classical we played for them while on hold, but there was always someone who complained, lol!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Apr. 11, 2017 at 7:12 AM

Yep...a little morbid....I don't normally like any of the on hold music because it seems like if it's something I DO like it will sound ok for a few min and then get all wonky sounding and then sound ok etc...too weird.  lol

LEK19
by Group Admin on Apr. 11, 2017 at 9:33 AM

I usually tune out that music. 

One I heard years ago was an electronic keyboard version of songs and it was really bad.

jabs54
by Jeanine on Apr. 11, 2017 at 10:00 PM

I don't think I've ever heard a couple phrases repeated over and over.  It's usually so loud I have to hold the phone away from my ear.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)