Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today....Monday?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:26 PM
  • 32 Replies

come tell us....

by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:26 PM

Post is ready for tomorrow morning   :)

emmygirl31
by Angie on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:53 PM

lots of running to do....trying to get my mother's legal stuff done-probate the will, close accounts, pay medical bills, etc---I think I will be doing this stuff for quite some time.  I will also be picking  my sweet granddautghter up at school and then we are going to dunkin donuts for a treat.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jun. 5, 2017 at 6:16 AM

Hey Monday!  I didn't crawl outta bed until nearly 4:30 this morning!  I don't have as much EMW these days and my weekend doctor didn't upload any sound files.  So, I slept in.  I think I had lights out around 7 last night too.

Today pretty much the usual.  Monday is bath day for mom.  And the appliance repairman is supposed to be over there between 1 and 5 today to check on the dryer.  So, I'll plan on staying. 

It's getting more and more difficult for my dad to "comprehend" what people say or suggest - he gets easily confused.  Actually, I am not convinced that he is actually confused.  I think he's SCARED he won't understand things and so asks a billion questions, many of them repeats and many unnecessary - adding to the confusion.  His 'behavior' is very different than my mom when I suspected alzheimer's disease.  Anyhoo, I know he's hard of hearing and needs things explained slowly, in simple terms.  So I try to 'interpret' things in a way I know that he understands.

I did get to the store for a few things yesterday.  Today's high is forecast for the low 90s.  Hello summer!

that's about it. Happy Monday, MWAKers!

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 6:17 AM
1 mom liked this

After a great weekend, it's back to work and all that awaits me there. Today is catch up day, so paperwork in the office and hopefully spending some time with the residents! 

Not sure what the evening will bring, hoping for a quiet evening at home since I have some meetings the rest of the week!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jun. 5, 2017 at 7:28 AM

Good morning Angie....I've thought about you a lot.  I know you've had some rough days.  It IS a lot to deal with when you have all those things to handle.  I hope you and your dgd have a great time at dunkin donuts!!  :)

Quoting emmygirl31:

lots of running to do....trying to get my mother's legal stuff done-probate the will, close accounts, pay medical bills, etc---I think I will be doing this stuff for quite some time.  I will also be picking  my sweet granddautghter up at school and then we are going to dunkin donuts for a treat.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jun. 5, 2017 at 7:31 AM

Good morning Ronna!!  You know, with all you're doing for your parents now it's probably a good thing the EMW is lighter now.  Otherwise you would fall out for sure!!  lol

How old is your dad?  Maybe he's just showing normal signs of aging.  I see things with my mom too but then to be honest I do some "kooky" things here too or I forget something and someone will mention it and I won't remember it at all until they start telling the story or circumstances etc...Getting older is not easy, that's for sure!

Hope you have a good day!  Don't work too hard.   :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Hey Monday!  I didn't crawl outta bed until nearly 4:30 this morning!  I don't have as much EMW these days and my weekend doctor didn't upload any sound files.  So, I slept in.  I think I had lights out around 7 last night too.

Today pretty much the usual.  Monday is bath day for mom.  And the appliance repairman is supposed to be over there between 1 and 5 today to check on the dryer.  So, I'll plan on staying. 

It's getting more and more difficult for my dad to "comprehend" what people say or suggest - he gets easily confused.  Actually, I am not convinced that he is actually confused.  I think he's SCARED he won't understand things and so asks a billion questions, many of them repeats and many unnecessary - adding to the confusion.  His 'behavior' is very different than my mom when I suspected alzheimer's disease.  Anyhoo, I know he's hard of hearing and needs things explained slowly, in simple terms.  So I try to 'interpret' things in a way I know that he understands.

I did get to the store for a few things yesterday.  Today's high is forecast for the low 90s.  Hello summer!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jun. 5, 2017 at 7:37 AM

Good morning....I woke up before the clock went off again.  Not sure why.  I think I woke up hot again.  lol  Who knows.

I'm going to go to Best Buy when I leave Bonnie's today.  I'm returning the computer.  I don't think I even posted about it but the first one had 3 issues and so after the 3rd trip to the geek squad they said this one is having too many issues so let's swap it out for another new one.  Well, I was trying to look at the pics I'd loaded on here yesterday and it will pull them up but then the whole thing goes off the screen.  Just disappears.  So....I've HAD it with trying this lap top.  It's going BACK and I'm so irritated that I doubt I even look at anymore for a while even though I'll be getting frustrated with my old crappy one that I still have.  lol  I've NEVER had trouble like this with ANY new lap top.  It's an HP envy which is supposed to be so nice and they say they rarely have issues.  Lucky me!!!  LOL  Lots of issues for me so since I'm still within the 14 day period it's bye bye lap top.  They'll probably try to talk me into getting another but unless my mood changes in the next few hours about a lap top it won't happen. 

That's about it.  We're possibly getting rain / storms today.  I guess we could use a little rain since it's been so hot the last few days.  Hope the storms don't get bad.

Have a great day ladies!  It's a new week.    :)

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Happy Monday!

I didn't have to get up until 6:30am. And had plenty of time to enjoy coffee on the deck and water my flowers!

Work and the last Boy Scout Court of Honor tonight. Nothing anymore exciting than that!
Why123
by Nancy on Jun. 5, 2017 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Working.  We have a staff meeting later.  The picnic was fun yesterday.  Later in the evening my granddaughter told me that she loved the time we spent together.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jun. 5, 2017 at 8:43 AM

My dad is 84.  Ever since he fell 4 years ago and broke his ankle, I've seen him declining - in his stamina, cognition, patience, etc. 

but yes, I suppose with dealing with my parents, having a lighter EMW load is a good thing.  But my monthly income has dropped from about $750-800 a month to under $400 and THAT's not a good thing!  Oh well.  So long as I don't have too many unexpected major expenses, I should be okay.

Quoting louannwilkins:

Good morning Ronna!!  You know, with all you're doing for your parents now it's probably a good thing the EMW is lighter now.  Otherwise you would fall out for sure!!  lol

How old is your dad?  Maybe he's just showing normal signs of aging.  I see things with my mom too but then to be honest I do some "kooky" things here too or I forget something and someone will mention it and I won't remember it at all until they start telling the story or circumstances etc...Getting older is not easy, that's for sure!

Hope you have a good day!  Don't work too hard.   :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)