Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Today is National Macaroni and Cheese Day

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:07 AM
  • 9 Replies

Do You like macaroni and cheese?  If you do how often do you eat it?

by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Jul. 14, 2017 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I do like it but I don't eat if often.  It seems like I don't love it as much as I did when I was younger.  I might eat it twice a year and that's a maybe honestly.  Now cheese...I eat that all the time.

kuntrylady56
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 10:42 AM
2 moms liked this

One of my main comfort foods. Love homemade macaroni and cheese the way my mom used to make it with Velvetta. I make mine with a combo of cheeses and a touch of sour cream. Just had some the other night that I mixed some cooked broccoli and ham in to.  I don't fix as often as used too. We may have it once a month as a side dish. Also like having it as the main dish along with plenty of veggies or a salad.

KittyGram
by Becky on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh, now I'm hungry!  LOL!!

I love mac and cheese!  I love it homemade and I love it from the box!!!!  I don't eat it very often anymore... it's probably been 2 years!  I like to add a little ground beef (these days it'd be ground turkey instead) and some red pepper flakes or cayenne to it.  MMMMM!!!!!

I've made big pans of it for holidays.... I've got a recipe that uses 4 cheeses plus cream cheese.... mmmmm!  and it's baked!  so it gets the crispy edges.  Oh, I want some mac and cheese!!!!  :D

Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Love it, but we seldom have it as the fat content is an issue.

Seashell77
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I love macaroni and cheese. Always have. I stopped eating it for the most part because it's not as healthy as other foods. Whenever I am over someones house and it's offered I do enjoy it very much!!!!

Marinefranksmom
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, we both like mac & cheese.  It's a favorite cold weather comfort food and we probably have it 2 or 3 times a month in cooler weather.  Most often, it's a side dish with dinner, but sometimes it's the main course - I'll bake it in the oven topped with slices of fresh tomatoes and sprinkled with bread crumbs, or serve it under fish cakes and stewed tomatoes.

emmygirl31
by Angie on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I do like macaroni and cheese, but dont eat it often.  There used to be a place called Noodles around here, that had excellent mac and cheese, but they recently closed all locations in NJ.

smokeyjo
by Jozie on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this
We love it but haven't had it in a long while since pasta is not paleo but I made two, single servings of it Wednesday night and used three cheeses as well. It was so good!
EireLass
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Yea...it's ok. I prefer it homemade. But I buy boxed and we have it about every 3-4 weeks. Not often.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)