Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today.....Tuesday?

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:24 PM
  • 24 Replies

come tell us.....

by on Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:24 PM

post is ready for tomorrow morning

Marinefranksmom
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I really have no plan for tomorrow. It will be very hot here in NJ and as we still haven't replaced our swimming pool (we're working on it for next year, waiting for the fall sales), I'll either hunker down in the a/c with the puppy, and/or go hang out somewhere nice and cool, like maybe the movies, the mall, the library or the supermarket. My chores are pretty much caught up, I have plenty of food in the house, and it will be too hot to vacuum or clean out drawers.

american flag ribbon

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 6:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Happy Tuesday!

I still haven't dyed my hair! Today is work, home to cook dinner and shopping for Shipt tonight, probably only 2 shops. Nothing exciting!
darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 6:46 AM

Another work day for me. We have art group today with the residents as we are trying to finish all the projects before our Open House Art Gallery on Friday evening. Looks like rain here today, but we'll see, we sure could use some. 

Tonight, a batch of bread and butter pickles and a meeting at church for the upcoming 150th Anniversary celebration. That should take care of today!

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Aug. 22, 2017 at 6:52 AM

It's Tuesday?!  LOL.  Around 3:30 this morning, after I had hit the snooze for the umpteenth time, I was confused - wondering if today is Saturday or Sunday?  and then around 4:15 it dawned on me that today is Tuesday!  And i have EMW to get done!  So up at 4:15, tried to turn on my computer and ... nothing.  Ugh.  Left that, started my coffee, fed my meowing "I'm-starving-to-death-here-lady" cat, then back out to the living room.  My battery backup unit has died.  So, got to re-hook up various cords and got my computer back up and running.  Then did my EMW, caught up on OVN emails and I'm here.  with 15 minutes to spare.

Yeterday work then over to parents around 12:30.  Had stopped at the library to pick up a book and a lady there was outside with solar eclipse glasses and let me take a peek.  so cool!  Over at parents, I asked dad  if he had welding glasses - he did - a helmet.  Dusted that off and dad and I took turns watching the eclipse.  It got "dark" at the peak but not midnight dark.  But was pretty cool nevertheless.  Then dad went to the store, then his tree trimmers came by and I had to move my car while dad was at the store, so left mom inside alone.  Dad and I don't like to leave her inside alone too much.  anyhoo, I was there until around 4 or so - long afternoon - then home to the Gmail Hangout at 5.  Forgot to take my sleepy meds until 6, then read until about 7:30 or so.

Today is laundry day over at parents. Will pick up mom's prescription from WalMart first.  Guess I need to buy a new battery backup for my computer.  Oh, and called the dealership yesterday since no one has bothered to call me - but the gal assigned to my car was out yesterday so I'll call back today.  The gal I spoke with yesterday said it's my catalytic converter - yikes!  I know how expensive THOSE can be - I told her she's the first person to mention THAT - and she said oh, that's the O2 sensor.  okay.  whatever. 

Oh - and mom lost a front tooth.  So weird.  Dad didn't notice it.  But then mom doesn't talk much and rarely smiles big enough to show teeth.  I forgot to brush her teeth Sunday.  I swear that tooth was there on Saturday though. 

yikes.  9 minutes before FL group.  Haven't checked GHF yet either.  Better go now.  Happy Tuesday!

annie-durham
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 7:28 AM

Slept like crap last night it was way too muggy even with the fan on.  Had a bunch of weird dreams too, about my ex-dil showing up at the picnic and wanting to get in all the group shots.

We have storms coming today for most of today and tonight.

I'm heading over to the other house for 9:30 to meet up with kitchen people, my daughter and son's gf are meeting me there too.  They are going to paint the master bedroom since there is paint left over from the rest of the house.

I went to check it out yesterday and it looks good.

After I finish there I have a prescription to drop off and some dry cleaning to get.  

louannwilkins
by Louann on Aug. 22, 2017 at 7:42 AM

Good morning....did they ever finish the bird feeders?  I think that's what they were making the other day.  Hope you have a good day!

Quoting darmomusaf:

Another work day for me. We have art group today with the residents as we are trying to finish all the projects before our Open House Art Gallery on Friday evening. Looks like rain here today, but we'll see, we sure could use some. 

Tonight, a batch of bread and butter pickles and a meeting at church for the upcoming 150th Anniversary celebration. That should take care of today!

1squishysmom
by Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 7:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Not sure if everything will get done, but I'm going to do my best.

Call PT to make an appointment for my Achilles tendon..pick up prescriptions, make peach moonshine for a friend, clean my 3 betas, wipe down the bathrooms, fold a load of laundry, and finally make dinner.

Between all of this, answer calls and schedule my husband's and son's day
annie-durham
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 7:52 AM

That is so weird about your mom's tooth.  Didn't you have them at the dentist a while back, did the  dentist mention any of her teeth were loose?  Did you find blood on the pillowcase or anything.  I had a tooth pulled 2 weeks ago and I still find it bleeds occasionally.

We noticed a few weeks ago my mom had a broken tooth on the bottom not directly in the front but more to the side.  The root was still there but it had broken off at the gum line and didn't seem to be bothering her at all

Quoting suzeebloch:

It's Tuesday?!  LOL.  Around 3:30 this morning, after I had hit the snooze for the umpteenth time, I was confused - wondering if today is Saturday or Sunday?  and then around 4:15 it dawned on me that today is Tuesday!  And i have EMW to get done!  So up at 4:15, tried to turn on my computer and ... nothing.  Ugh.  Left that, started my coffee, fed my meowing "I'm-starving-to-death-here-lady" cat, then back out to the living room.  My battery backup unit has died.  So, got to re-hook up various cords and got my computer back up and running.  Then did my EMW, caught up on OVN emails and I'm here.  with 15 minutes to spare.

Yeterday work then over to parents around 12:30.  Had stopped at the library to pick up a book and a lady there was outside with solar eclipse glasses and let me take a peek.  so cool!  Over at parents, I asked dad  if he had welding glasses - he did - a helmet.  Dusted that off and dad and I took turns watching the eclipse.  It got "dark" at the peak but not midnight dark.  But was pretty cool nevertheless.  Then dad went to the store, then his tree trimmers came by and I had to move my car while dad was at the store, so left mom inside alone.  Dad and I don't like to leave her inside alone too much.  anyhoo, I was there until around 4 or so - long afternoon - then home to the Gmail Hangout at 5.  Forgot to take my sleepy meds until 6, then read until about 7:30 or so.

Today is laundry day over at parents. Will pick up mom's prescription from WalMart first.  Guess I need to buy a new battery backup for my computer.  Oh, and called the dealership yesterday since no one has bothered to call me - but the gal assigned to my car was out yesterday so I'll call back today.  The gal I spoke with yesterday said it's my catalytic converter - yikes!  I know how expensive THOSE can be - I told her she's the first person to mention THAT - and she said oh, that's the O2 sensor.  okay.  whatever. 

Oh - and mom lost a front tooth.  So weird.  Dad didn't notice it.  But then mom doesn't talk much and rarely smiles big enough to show teeth.  I forgot to brush her teeth Sunday.  I swear that tooth was there on Saturday though. 

yikes.  9 minutes before FL group.  Haven't checked GHF yet either.  Better go now.  Happy Tuesday!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Aug. 22, 2017 at 7:54 AM

Good morning....it's a good thing you know what to do to your computer all the time! 

I wonder how in the world your mom lost a tooth??  And....wouldn't it be hurting? Poor thing. 

Glad you were able to view the eclipse!  Pretty neat that you had the welders glasses! 

Don't work too hard!  :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)