Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today.....Thursday?

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2017 at 8:17 PM
  • 25 Replies

come tell us.....

by on Aug. 23, 2017 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Aug. 23, 2017 at 8:17 PM

post is ready for tomorrow morning

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2017 at 5:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Good Thursday Morning!!

Nothing exciting here. Yesterday my DD and the kids came over for dinner. I didn't do any Shipt shopping maybe tonight by Tim working a little late so it may be my "come home and crash" day.
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Aug. 24, 2017 at 6:26 AM

Thursday.  wow.  Now that MTW are done, this week is picking up speed.

Nothing out of the ordinary yesterday.  All the usual.  The dealership still didn't call me back after I left a message on Tuesday.  I also called and left a message for AAA because I have an appointment to take my car to get bumper fixed this coming Monday.  Whatever.  I've done my part and left messages.  It's their turn.

Read past my "window" of sleepiness last night - then tossed and turned - so, aware of my 30-minute rule, I started back with my book again.  lol.  Had lights out around 9.   Up at around 4:30 this morning, OVN emails caught up, EMW is done.  Here now, then will peek at GHF then head over to the FL group.   Dad has a followup appointment with his pain doctor at 1 this afternoon - he had an MRI of his neck done about a month ago since his hands constantly go numb, and the trigger point injections the doctor gave him last time didn't help for his low lower back pain - the first set of trigger point injections did help for the pain up a bit higher and to the left in his lower back.  I hate seeing my dad suffering! 

that's about it.  Happy Thursday!

annie-durham
by Silver Member on Aug. 24, 2017 at 6:38 AM

Good morning.

I woke up at 5:30 to pee and then couldnt' go back to sleep, I have a lot on my mind these days.

Not sure if I mentioned it yesterday but the realtor called and said the buyer of my house now wants an extension on the closing, they haven't been able to sell their house and are pulling it off the market.  They have arranged some financial help from overseas but it won't be set up in time.  Hubby is worried they'll try to get out of the deal and we'll have to re-list the house.  

I am meeting the kitchen people at 9:30 today they are going to re-hang the doors and give everything else another coat, and put on the new hardware we bought.  

After that I have to swing by my mom's house since my sister is working this morning.

Then back home to pack, I need to pack up a lot of the kitchen stuff and we'll just use paper plates I guess.  

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2017 at 6:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Dirty Bingo with my residents this afternoon and more prep for tomorrow night's art gallery! It's been a busy week.

Tonight, some baking, hoping to make some breads and cookies for our social time tomorrow night. We will be serving light snacks and punch and weather permitting a camp fire so that we can enjoy the garden art projects!

smokeyjo
by Jozie on Aug. 24, 2017 at 6:55 AM
Up and at'em! Currently on the stepper and aiming for 1000 steps before I get off. I like to start my day with either a run/walk or a long stepper session.

Coco finally found a car and I think we are going to look at it today. It's a MINI. I LOVE MINIs but it's a manual and she hasn't driven a manual since she was 11 or 12 so it'll take some getting used to IF I deem it worthy. Guess we'll find out.

Gabriel and family are coming up Saturday to look at houses. I'm hoping they find one soon so I can get Carson started on some homeschooling. She's only three but it's good to start them early and her homeschooling will include farming/ animal/ bees and whatnot. So the sooner the better!

Cooler temps for the next few days which will be SO nice.

Have a day girls!
annie-durham
by Silver Member on Aug. 24, 2017 at 7:52 AM

I love mini's too.   I go between loving the big vehicles like a Yukon or a Denali and the little ones like a mini or a volkswagon bug.  If I had the money I'd have both and drive whichever I felt like each day.

I hope they find a house nearby, I think you'd make a great home schooling teacher.  I hated when Caroline was put in a daycare centre even though I knew Elizabeth was not going to waste her education and stay home, I just loved being a sahm and wanted my grandchildren to have the same experience BUT I've got to say I'm shocked at how much they've learned at daycare, its not just playing and keeping them entertained all day.  They are like little sponges at that age, Emily was telling me all about bees the other day and how they make honey they had a travelling scientist came to the daycare and was doing experiments with the kids.  

Quoting smokeyjo: Up and at'em! Currently on the stepper and aiming for 1000 steps before I get off. I like to start my day with either a run/walk or a long stepper session. Coco finally found a car and I think we are going to look at it today. It's a MINI. I LOVE MINIs but it's a manual and she hasn't driven a manual since she was 11 or 12 so it'll take some getting used to IF I deem it worthy. Guess we'll find out. Gabriel and family are coming up Saturday to look at houses. I'm hoping they find one soon so I can get Carson started on some homeschooling. She's only three but it's good to start them early and her homeschooling will include farming/ animal/ bees and whatnot. So the sooner the better! Cooler temps for the next few days which will be SO nice. Have a day girls!

smokeyjo
by Jozie on Aug. 24, 2017 at 8:01 AM
Exactly!! Where we all currently live, NO one moves there or here for the schools. I've already homeschooled one child and am ready to do another.

We like bigger vehicles as well and we have those but she is looking at starting school this winter and it's on the other side of Atlanta so she needs something that is more economical and MINIs get upwards of 36 miles per gallon on the highway.

Quoting annie-durham:

I love mini's too.   I go between loving the big vehicles like a Yukon or a Denali and the little ones like a mini or a volkswagon bug.  If I had the money I'd have both and drive whichever I felt like each day.

I hope they find a house nearby, I think you'd make a great home schooling teacher.  I hated when Caroline was put in a daycare centre even though I knew Elizabeth was not going to waste her education and stay home, I just loved being a sahm and wanted my grandchildren to have the same experience BUT I've got to say I'm shocked at how much they've learned at daycare, its not just playing and keeping them entertained all day.  They are like little sponges at that age, Emily was telling me all about bees the other day and how they make honey they had a travelling scientist came to the daycare and was doing experiments with the kids.  

Quoting smokeyjo: Up and at'em! Currently on the stepper and aiming for 1000 steps before I get off. I like to start my day with either a run/walk or a long stepper session.

Coco finally found a car and I think we are going to look at it today. It's a MINI. I LOVE MINIs but it's a manual and she hasn't driven a manual since she was 11 or 12 so it'll take some getting used to IF I deem it worthy. Guess we'll find out.

Gabriel and family are coming up Saturday to look at houses. I'm hoping they find one soon so I can get Carson started on some homeschooling. She's only three but it's good to start them early and her homeschooling will include farming/ animal/ bees and whatnot. So the sooner the better!

Cooler temps for the next few days which will be SO nice.

Have a day girls!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Aug. 24, 2017 at 9:00 AM

Good morning!!  That is SO strange with them not calling you back!!!  I mean, you have their car and they have yours.  What is going on????  LOL  Wow.....

I know you hate to see your dad suffer like that.  My mom does too and I try not to think about it because it bothers me.  It also bothers me to see her move so slow mentally and physically....not see as well with her macular degeneration etc...It's really hard to watch your parents age.

I hope you have a good day and that your dad can get some answers and help at his appt.

Quoting suzeebloch:

Thursday.  wow.  Now that MTW are done, this week is picking up speed.

Nothing out of the ordinary yesterday.  All the usual.  The dealership still didn't call me back after I left a message on Tuesday.  I also called and left a message for AAA because I have an appointment to take my car to get bumper fixed this coming Monday.  Whatever.  I've done my part and left messages.  It's their turn.

Read past my "window" of sleepiness last night - then tossed and turned - so, aware of my 30-minute rule, I started back with my book again.  lol.  Had lights out around 9.   Up at around 4:30 this morning, OVN emails caught up, EMW is done.  Here now, then will peek at GHF then head over to the FL group.   Dad has a followup appointment with his pain doctor at 1 this afternoon - he had an MRI of his neck done about a month ago since his hands constantly go numb, and the trigger point injections the doctor gave him last time didn't help for his low lower back pain - the first set of trigger point injections did help for the pain up a bit higher and to the left in his lower back.  I hate seeing my dad suffering! 

that's about it.  Happy Thursday!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Aug. 24, 2017 at 9:01 AM

Hope it's a good day!  :)

Quoting Cindy18: Good Thursday Morning!! Nothing exciting here. Yesterday my DD and the kids came over for dinner. I didn't do any Shipt shopping maybe tonight by Tim working a little late so it may be my "come home and crash" day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)