Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today.....Thursday?

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2017 at 8:49 PM
  • 32 Replies

come tell us....

by on Sep. 20, 2017 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Sep. 20, 2017 at 8:50 PM

post is ready for tomorrow morning

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Sep. 21, 2017 at 6:04 AM

And it's Thursday!

Yesterday went fine.  Didn't have to take parents anywhere.  One of mom's japanese friends called me - she wanted to visit mom and dad gave her a hard time - as if he didn't want her to come over.  I felt so bad for her and asked her to please not take that personally.  She wanted to go visit around 11 and had called them at 10 - dad told her mom was still sleeping, their house is a mess, mom won't remember who she is, she will be eating breakfast when she gets up, etc.  Yuko went to visit anyway and took sushi for mom.  I understand where dad is coming from but I have been unable to get him just to say please and thank you.

anyhoo, that's about it.  Brother had arrived home from out of town so I chatted with him a bit.  He was supposed to be leaving Friday for Texas but that was cancelled.  After Texas he was going to Philadelphia - but that's up in the air.  He left for Colorado on Monday, worked 1.5 hours once he got there, then drove back home.  He gets $40 per diem for food, they pay his lodging.  He said he put in 32 hours in 3 days for 1.5 hours of work.  He's on the clock when he is driving. 

Today - EMW is done, OVN emails caught up, I'm here.  Next GHF then on to FL group.  Dad is getting his ears cleaned this afternoon.  My very first medical transcription doctor will get that honor.  :o)

Happy Thursday!

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 6:36 AM

Heading back to work after spending yesterday with DD. Last day of my antibiotics, I am still stuffy, but feeling so much better.  So today will be catch up stuff and just trying to stay ahead of everything since we have some big events coming up! 

This evening, it's grocery shopping! Ugh! My least favorite thing to do!

DD's test went well yesterday, she does not have Crone's, but the doctor is still not sure what is going on! More x-rays and possibly another scope to come!

momof337
by Stephanie on Sep. 21, 2017 at 7:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Babysitting grandson,he's 4,let's see how his attitude goes
louannwilkins
by Louann on Sep. 21, 2017 at 7:56 AM

Good morning.....glad you didn't have to take anyone anywhere.  lol  Your poor dad.  I'm sure he feels overwhelmed at times.  I'm surprised though that your mom's friend went anyway.  lol Hopefully your mom liked the sushi!!

Wait til you hear about my day yesterday.  I'm still not in a good mood.  lol

Quoting suzeebloch:

And it's Thursday!

Yesterday went fine.  Didn't have to take parents anywhere.  One of mom's japanese friends called me - she wanted to visit mom and dad gave her a hard time - as if he didn't want her to come over.  I felt so bad for her and asked her to please not take that personally.  She wanted to go visit around 11 and had called them at 10 - dad told her mom was still sleeping, their house is a mess, mom won't remember who she is, she will be eating breakfast when she gets up, etc.  Yuko went to visit anyway and took sushi for mom.  I understand where dad is coming from but I have been unable to get him just to say please and thank you.

anyhoo, that's about it.  Brother had arrived home from out of town so I chatted with him a bit.  He was supposed to be leaving Friday for Texas but that was cancelled.  After Texas he was going to Philadelphia - but that's up in the air.  He left for Colorado on Monday, worked 1.5 hours once he got there, then drove back home.  He gets $40 per diem for food, they pay his lodging.  He said he put in 32 hours in 3 days for 1.5 hours of work.  He's on the clock when he is driving. 

Today - EMW is done, OVN emails caught up, I'm here.  Next GHF then on to FL group.  Dad is getting his ears cleaned this afternoon.  My very first medical transcription doctor will get that honor.  :o)

Happy Thursday!

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Good Morning! I'm off of work for 5 days!!!

Today I'm already up and at the hospital to have bloodwork done. Routine A1C.

Then I have to do laundry and have an appointment with the Allergy doctor at 11am.

I think I'm going to have lunch with my daughter and grandkids!
louannwilkins
by Louann on Sep. 21, 2017 at 8:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Well...lots of coffee...that's the key for this morning.  I did NOT have a good day yesterday and just feel out of sorts this morn.  Talk about feeling stressed.  Well, to start the day out I got my flu shot while Mr M was drinking coffee with his friends in McDonald's inside the wal mart.  It hurt even before I could get to the car.  Not the shot but my arm.  I think I wasn't relaxed and I didn't know she was about to put the needle in so I may have flinched.  It's still sore today but not as bad although it does feel like a little lump there. 

Then, it's off to Patty's where I evidently through my iphone into the trash with her papers and trash.  Searched the house over...up one side and down the other.  Then, I had a thought maybe it was in the trash.  I RAN out the door and they'd come already.  Normally it's later when they come but nope, not yesterday.  I even got in my car to see if they were still in the neighborhood.  No such luck.  I did the find my iphone thing and nothing.  So...it is probably crushed in the back of the trash truck.  My stupid mistake has cost me 199 for my deductible off of my insurance.  AND I always put a life proof case on my iphones since they are water proof and shock proof etc...those are around 90.  All of this is money I don't have.  sigh......I was in tears.  Patty...the lady whose house I was at was upset and felt responsible.  I told her to NOT feel that way.  She had nothing to do with it.  I'm trying to console her...she's trying to console me.  Just ruined my day.  So, I guess I'll have another phone here today and then I have to get everything loaded onto it.  I have NO idea if it was all backed up.  I assume it was.  Hope it was.  another sigh....I'm ready to put my head in the sand and stay there for a few days but I can't.

AND....one of my condo people had an issue.  Her son drove down from Mass and had the wrong keys.  We'd been talking yesterday and I went and got him keys ( he got in anyway but still needs keys to the door and owner closet) made and was supposed to call Lynn when I was driving over.  Well...no way to call her and don't have the number...it's in the phone.  a triple sigh....lol....SO I also have to get in touch with her today and tell her I didn't let her down but couldn't get in touch with her.  WHAT a day.  Say a little prayer for me. 

Ok...have I rained on your parade enough now?  Been enough of a debbie downer?????  Sorry...it was my day and I needed to vent to someone.  lol

Hoping and praying today is a better day for me and a great day for all of you!

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Sep. 21, 2017 at 8:31 AM

Oh Debbie!  I mean, LouAnn!  Yesterday for you does sound just horrid!  So sorry about your phone.  I'd really miss mine, that's for sure.  I know all my contacts and photos on the phone are automatically synched with my gmail account, and my e-books are backed up through Amazon but my name would be Debbie as well if I lost my phone!

I never get flu shots so I hope your arm starts to feel better and soon!

I sure hope today goes better you!!

Quoting louannwilkins:

Well...lots of coffee...that's the key for this morning.  I did NOT have a good day yesterday and just feel out of sorts this morn.  Talk about feeling stressed.  Well, to start the day out I got my flu shot while Mr M was drinking coffee with his friends in McDonald's inside the wal mart.  It hurt even before I could get to the car.  Not the shot but my arm.  I think I wasn't relaxed and I didn't know she was about to put the needle in so I may have flinched.  It's still sore today but not as bad although it does feel like a little lump there. 

Then, it's off to Patty's where I evidently through my iphone into the trash with her papers and trash.  Searched the house over...up one side and down the other.  Then, I had a thought maybe it was in the trash.  I RAN out the door and they'd come already.  Normally it's later when they come but nope, not yesterday.  I even got in my car to see if they were still in the neighborhood.  No such luck.  I did the find my iphone thing and nothing.  So...it is probably crushed in the back of the trash truck.  My stupid mistake has cost me 199 for my deductible off of my insurance.  AND I always put a life proof case on my iphones since they are water proof and shock proof etc...those are around 90.  All of this is money I don't have.  sigh......I was in tears.  Patty...the lady whose house I was at was upset and felt responsible.  I told her to NOT feel that way.  She had nothing to do with it.  I'm trying to console her...she's trying to console me.  Just ruined my day.  So, I guess I'll have another phone here today and then I have to get everything loaded onto it.  I have NO idea if it was all backed up.  I assume it was.  Hope it was.  another sigh....I'm ready to put my head in the sand and stay there for a few days but I can't.

AND....one of my condo people had an issue.  Her son drove down from Mass and had the wrong keys.  We'd been talking yesterday and I went and got him keys ( he got in anyway but still needs keys to the door and owner closet) made and was supposed to call Lynn when I was driving over.  Well...no way to call her and don't have the number...it's in the phone.  a triple sigh....lol....SO I also have to get in touch with her today and tell her I didn't let her down but couldn't get in touch with her.  WHAT a day.  Say a little prayer for me. 

Ok...have I rained on your parade enough now?  Been enough of a debbie downer?????  Sorry...it was my day and I needed to vent to someone.  lol

louannwilkins
by Louann on Sep. 21, 2017 at 8:34 AM

I never got flu shots until about 5 years ago.  Somewhere along that time.  Once they told me my mom really doesn't have an immune system and that I needed to get them I did.  So...lol  Any reason why you don't get one?

Thanks for the hug. 

Quoting suzeebloch:

Oh Debbie!  I mean, LouAnn!  Yesterday for you does sound just horrid!  So sorry about your phone.  I'd really miss mine, that's for sure.  I know all my contacts and photos on the phone are automatically synched with my gmail account, and my e-books are backed up through Amazon but my name would be Debbie as well if I lost my phone!

I never get flu shots so I hope your arm starts to feel better and soon!

I sure hope today goes better you!!

Quoting louannwilkins:

Why123
by Nancy on Sep. 21, 2017 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

At least all of your bad things happened in one day and you got it over with.  Now things will get better.

Quoting louannwilkins:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)