Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today....Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2017 at 8:04 PM
  • 39 Replies

come tell us....

by on Sep. 21, 2017 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Sep. 21, 2017 at 8:04 PM

post is ready for tomorrow morning

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 6:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, it's work day today, trying to finish up some Homecoming decorations and get my desk cleared for the weekend! Helping the drama kids from the high school with a fundraising event this evening. We are having a bar-b-que contest tomorrow and for the kick-off and meet the contestants this evening, we are having a fire and music.The kids are selling hotdogs and  'smores.

Tomorrow, I am helping with the contest, I think I am selling drinks, then I'm not sure what the late afternoon and evening will bring. I would like to go to a new craft store that opened up nearby, and that may be a good time to do that.

Sunday is church and then hopefully, finishing up the fall decorating around our house. Let's see if this weekend goes as planned!

goatmom4
by on Sep. 22, 2017 at 6:34 AM
2 moms liked this
Hopefully datenight if we get time some gardening got the rose I wanted it entirely on sale
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Sep. 22, 2017 at 7:08 AM

Good morning and yikes!  I'm running behind now! 

I just cannot for the life of me force myself to get up earlier than the bare minimum.  It's really annoying me!  I didn't get up until 4:45 - got my EMW done, OVN emails caught up, GHF caught up and lookee now it's 6:02.  But checking in here really quickly then off to the FL group.

yesterday went fine.  The temperature is warmer and more humid - more normal summer temps - but the cooler temps earlier had me spoiled.  Dad's ear cleaning went fine.  Dr. Price saw me in the lobby and said, "Wow.  Did you come here in person to yell at me for something I dictated wrong?"  LOL.   After the cleaning, there was no difference in dad's ability to hear me.  **sigh**  I sure wish he would consider getting hearing aids.  I should check it out first and then have him at least look into it. 

anyhoo, got home around 3:30 - sat down, booted up my computer - dad calls and said he can't get his computer to come on.  So, went back over and fixed that.  One of his online games was also messing up, so I was able to fix that, too.   Then back home around 4:30.  Took a bunch of screenshots for a user I've been trying to help since August on an issue - but the man is elderly, lives in Ireland and is NOT computer savvy.  Well, he THINKS he is and so it has been very difficult to get him to follow simple commands.  but, I thought maybe if I provide screenshots of each step, maybe that would help.  So, I did that and before I knew it, it was 6 p.m. and I had not even taken my sleepy meds yet!  I ended up having lights out at 9:30 - finished a book I had been reading.  lol.

anyhoo, just work and parents today.  and trying to stay cool. 

Happy Friday!

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 7:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Happy Friday!

I'm leaving soon for ArtPrize with my sister. I believe this is the 4th year we have gone. It's fun. Lots of restarestaurants, coffee house, bars, and all the museums in Grand Rapids have art in them. You walk around the city and check them all out.
louannwilkins
by Louann on Sep. 22, 2017 at 8:03 AM

Good morning....YOU may want to get up earlier but your body and mind clearly do not.  lol  Hopefully you are getting things done on time.

That's funny with your dr.  lol  You should have said no but I DID come to ask you if you have some friends I can also work for!  LOL  Sorry it didn't help your dads hearing.  My uncle has hearing aids and they're very small and compact now.  Your dad really should check into it.

I hope you have a good day!! 

Quoting suzeebloch:

Good morning and yikes!  I'm running behind now! 

I just cannot for the life of me force myself to get up earlier than the bare minimum.  It's really annoying me!  I didn't get up until 4:45 - got my EMW done, OVN emails caught up, GHF caught up and lookee now it's 6:02.  But checking in here really quickly then off to the FL group.

yesterday went fine.  The temperature is warmer and more humid - more normal summer temps - but the cooler temps earlier had me spoiled.  Dad's ear cleaning went fine.  Dr. Price saw me in the lobby and said, "Wow.  Did you come here in person to yell at me for something I dictated wrong?"  LOL.   After the cleaning, there was no difference in dad's ability to hear me.  **sigh**  I sure wish he would consider getting hearing aids.  I should check it out first and then have him at least look into it. 

anyhoo, got home around 3:30 - sat down, booted up my computer - dad calls and said he can't get his computer to come on.  So, went back over and fixed that.  One of his online games was also messing up, so I was able to fix that, too.   Then back home around 4:30.  Took a bunch of screenshots for a user I've been trying to help since August on an issue - but the man is elderly, lives in Ireland and is NOT computer savvy.  Well, he THINKS he is and so it has been very difficult to get him to follow simple commands.  but, I thought maybe if I provide screenshots of each step, maybe that would help.  So, I did that and before I knew it, it was 6 p.m. and I had not even taken my sleepy meds yet!  I ended up having lights out at 9:30 - finished a book I had been reading.  lol.

anyhoo, just work and parents today.  and trying to stay cool. 

Happy Friday!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Sep. 22, 2017 at 8:07 AM

Good morning....drying my sheets and having some coffee.  I have a free morning and then it's time to go to Mr M's.  Tonight we're playing cards so that should be fun.

I have a beach condo to take care of tomorrow.  You know, this time of year is so slow and really it's the best time to come down here!  LOL  Warm days and the water is warm too and the crowds are much smaller.  Of course I like it in the Fall too even though it gets cooler.

I got my phone late yesterday evening and went up to the verizon store to get them to set it all back up for me.  I might could have done it but it's only about 3 miles up the road so I just loaded it up and went there.  I needed to anyway because I also had to have a case on it.  sigh....too much money spent for a stupid mistake on my part.

I hope it's a good day for all of you!

Why123
by Nancy on Sep. 22, 2017 at 8:32 AM

Working.  I have a workshop this morning.  I hope someone shows up.  I am hoping to head out early tomorrow morning for Georgia.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Nancy I KNOW you are counting down the hours!!!  LOL  Have a good day  :)

Quoting Why123:

Working.  I have a workshop this morning.  I hope someone shows up.  I am hoping to head out early tomorrow morning for Georgia.

smokeyjo
by Jozie on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this
It's the first day of Fall!! Woohoo!! 🍁🍂

Still putzing about the farm today. That's about it for me. Have a day!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)