Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today.....Tuesday?

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2017 at 8:10 PM
  • 18 Replies

come tell us....

by on Oct. 16, 2017 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Oct. 16, 2017 at 8:10 PM

post is ready for tomorrow morning

emmygirl31
by Angie on Oct. 16, 2017 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this

meeting the plumber at mom's house---sewer is starting to back up.  After that, working the book fair at my granddaughter's school.

Marinefranksmom
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2017 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Tuesday will be the 2nd day of my son's visit. Hopefully, we'll hang out for a while before he visits more of his friends here. (I visit him and his family in SC twice a year). He hasn't been "home" in 2 years so he's making the rounds. We'll hang out in between (so glad I'm retired so I can see him during the day!) and one day this week, we'll have a day. Saturday, he'll go out with DH, his Dad.
darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 6:08 AM
1 mom liked this

It's off to work this morning, hoping to start the bird bath mosaic project this afternoon. The residents will be making two more, one to place by our gazebo and another to chance off and make some money for more art projects! Hubby is taking my car for inspection this afternoon and dropping some goodies off for DS. This evening is a ladies meeting at church, DD and I will be going but have to leave early so that we can go to my nieces basketball game!

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Oct. 17, 2017 at 6:51 AM

Hey Tuesday!

Yesterday went fine - work, GHF, parents.  Bath day for mom.  Brother had been in Biloxi MS since just AFTER the hurricane - then ran out of work to do - emailed his supervisors several times to find out what was going on - they emailed him back (finally) and said to expect a shipment the next day.  That came and it turns out it was a duplicate of what brother had installed the day or two before.  With the prospect of an entire weekend with nothing to do, they flew him home Saturday.  Brother said that flight cost over $1000 - it would have been less expensive to leave him there, pay his wages/hotel/food for the weekend even with nothing to do.  Yesterday he went to work but came home at 9 a.m. - to pack his suitcase since he found out work needed him in Chicago for at least a week.  He still has one week of vacation he needs to use before Oct 31 or he'll lose it - was planning to use it next week but may still be in Chicago for part of that time.   He actually was sent there as a supervisor over a union job - he's not in the union so he can't do any work but is simply there to supervise.  I hope his work will let him carry over that unused vacation time or at least pay him for it - they changed the policy this year and neither of those two are allowed - but hopefully since it's not his fault he can't take the time off, they'll make an allowance on his behalf!  

At 4 or so, I went over to Becky's - had been invited to dinner with them - it was her husband's birthday - and her boyfriend grilled steaks.  She had invited me over the weekend.  I've been craving steak but can't afford it and she remembered that.  Funny, too, because brother texted me while at the airport yesterday and said there are 2 marinating rib eye steaks in the fridge - would I fix them for parents and me?  lol.  So I get steak two days in a row.

Up this morning just ahead of 4 - EMW is done, OVN emails caught up. Have been catching up on news via Google News.  I will peek at the GHF to see what's there, but need to head over to FL group, then parents for laundry day, then HAHAJJ.  :o)

Happy Tuesday!

annie-durham
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 7:35 AM

Good morning

Cold this morning we had frost and are hovering right around freezing mark at 32 degrees.   

We are going up to 61 later today and warming up all week. Supposed to hit 70 by the weekend.

I need to go over to my mom's this morning.  My sister is working and the nurse is coming to shower mom at 11.

My hubby got called into work today so we had to drive over and pick up a car for him last night.  He turned the furnace on this morning before he left the temperature in the house had gone below 64.

I think I need to start taking my vitamin C, I feel a cold sore starting on my lip and my throat was scratchy this morning.  

louannwilkins
by Louann on Oct. 17, 2017 at 7:47 AM

Good morning....yep, steaks 2 days in a row!  Sounds yummy!!  Enjoy them!!

Hope you have a good day!!  As for your db it's not right for them to not let him have his time.  That's just sad and would make me mad if I were him.

Quoting suzeebloch:

Hey Tuesday!

Yesterday went fine - work, GHF, parents.  Bath day for mom.  Brother had been in Biloxi MS since just AFTER the hurricane - then ran out of work to do - emailed his supervisors several times to find out what was going on - they emailed him back (finally) and said to expect a shipment the next day.  That came and it turns out it was a duplicate of what brother had installed the day or two before.  With the prospect of an entire weekend with nothing to do, they flew him home Saturday.  Brother said that flight cost over $1000 - it would have been less expensive to leave him there, pay his wages/hotel/food for the weekend even with nothing to do.  Yesterday he went to work but came home at 9 a.m. - to pack his suitcase since he found out work needed him in Chicago for at least a week.  He still has one week of vacation he needs to use before Oct 31 or he'll lose it - was planning to use it next week but may still be in Chicago for part of that time.   He actually was sent there as a supervisor over a union job - he's not in the union so he can't do any work but is simply there to supervise.  I hope his work will let him carry over that unused vacation time or at least pay him for it - they changed the policy this year and neither of those two are allowed - but hopefully since it's not his fault he can't take the time off, they'll make an allowance on his behalf!  

At 4 or so, I went over to Becky's - had been invited to dinner with them - it was her husband's birthday - and her boyfriend grilled steaks.  She had invited me over the weekend.  I've been craving steak but can't afford it and she remembered that.  Funny, too, because brother texted me while at the airport yesterday and said there are 2 marinating rib eye steaks in the fridge - would I fix them for parents and me?  lol.  So I get steak two days in a row.

Up this morning just ahead of 4 - EMW is done, OVN emails caught up. Have been catching up on news via Google News.  I will peek at the GHF to see what's there, but need to head over to FL group, then parents for laundry day, then HAHAJJ.  :o)

Happy Tuesday!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Oct. 17, 2017 at 7:50 AM

Good morning!!  I'd have that furnace on too!!  LOL It's in the 50's here right now and will get to around 68 or 69 for the high.  That's so weird since our heat index was in the upper 90's last week. lol

Have you ever used Abreva?  That really helps with a cold sore if you put it on once you first notice it.  Start using it and use it a lot during the day.  That's what I've done anyway.  Thankfully I don't get them often but I hate them for sure.

Have a good day!!  :)

Quoting annie-durham:

Good morning

Cold this morning we had frost and are hovering right around freezing mark at 32 degrees.   

We are going up to 61 later today and warming up all week. Supposed to hit 70 by the weekend.

I need to go over to my mom's this morning.  My sister is working and the nurse is coming to shower mom at 11.

My hubby got called into work today so we had to drive over and pick up a car for him last night.  He turned the furnace on this morning before he left the temperature in the house had gone below 64.

I think I need to start taking my vitamin C, I feel a cold sore starting on my lip and my throat was scratchy this morning.  

louannwilkins
by Louann on Oct. 17, 2017 at 7:52 AM

Good morning....sitting here in socks and a long sleeved shirt.  lol  It's in the 50's which is a little bit of a shock for me right now.  lol  No heat or anything just a little bundled up.

I have bible study this morning and then Mr M.  I'd really rather just stay here and read or piddle but we had a break last week so I guess I'm going.

Hope you all have a good day!!

annie-durham
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 8:13 AM

I havent' tried Abreva yet.  Its expensive here around $15 I usually just use Blistix but it doesn't shorten the duration of it.

I don't get them too often either but stress will bring them on for sure.  And I've been under a lot of stress lately.  

Quoting louannwilkins:

Good morning!!  I'd have that furnace on too!!  LOL It's in the 50's here right now and will get to around 68 or 69 for the high.  That's so weird since our heat index was in the upper 90's last week. lol

Have you ever used Abreva?  That really helps with a cold sore if you put it on once you first notice it.  Start using it and use it a lot during the day.  That's what I've done anyway.  Thankfully I don't get them often but I hate them for sure.

Have a good day!!  :)

Quoting annie-durham:

Good morning

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)