Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today....Wednesday?

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2017 at 8:02 PM
  • 22 Replies

come tell us.....

by on Oct. 17, 2017 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Oct. 17, 2017 at 8:02 PM

post is ready for tomorrow morning

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 6:14 AM

What am I doing on Wednesday?? Let's see, it's off to work, I think I am finally catching up a little bit after being at a conference last week! Started working on some projects with a few of the residents yesterday and today will be spent with paperwork, getting our Blessing Tree ready for the decorations that are being purchased as a fund raising event and working on some Christmas plans! This evening we are having a Fall Fest with the residents, special entertainment, pumpkin doughnuts, and cider for all!

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Oct. 18, 2017 at 6:22 AM

Oh lookee I'm almost the first one here this morning!

Yesterday went fine - work, GHF, parents.  Laundry day is such a long day at parents!  Got there at 1 and didn't get home until 4.   I did a load of laundry at home for myself in the morning, too.  Came home, didn't do a whole lot more and had lights out just ahead of 7.

Up this morning just ahead of 4 - OVN emails caught up, EMW done, MWAKing now, then GHF and off to FL group and then parents.

Dad's door bell battery died so was looking in their cabinets for a similar battery - it's a short squat one.  Well, I found a prescription bottle filled with some seeds and a note that my Grandma wrote 'wild phlox seed 1983'.  Found a bottle with 3 quinine tablets (for malaria) so old there was no date.  Found Jessica's DL that expired in 2001.  Found half a bottle of antibiotics that had been prescribed for my dad from 1992.  Found other assorted crap, too, but no battery.  Guess I get to stop by Walmart today.  Totally confused my dad since I had to replace the D sized batteries in the other part of that same doorbell a few months ago.  I had to try and explain the concept of a wireless doorbell system ... SMH.  At least when taking parents places in my car, dad doesn't ask "are we there yet?"  LOL.

that's about it.  Have a google hangout this morning at 11.  joy.  my colleague in Santa Rosa gets to move back home - lights, gas, internet is back up.   He made this observation:

As an update, we got our gas turned on today (earlier than estimates).  We get hot showers tomorrow.  Woot!!!

So if we ignore that 95% of this neighborhood has been reduced to ash, and ignore the checkpoints with armed National Guard troops, and ignore the regular police patrols in the area, and ignore the civilian and military choppers flying overhead during the day, and ignore all the extra traffic due to road closures and detours, we could almost pretend things are back to normal.   Almost.

It's going to take years before things really get back to a pre-fire state.

We were SO very lucky given how close it got.  I'm sure there are fire crews, who we will never know of, who risked their lives to stop the advance saving houses like ours.

That's it.  Happy Wednesday!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Oct. 18, 2017 at 6:30 AM

Good morning....a fall fest sounds nice!!  I hope you have a great day!  :)

Quoting darmomusaf:

What am I doing on Wednesday?? Let's see, it's off to work, I think I am finally catching up a little bit after being at a conference last week! Started working on some projects with a few of the residents yesterday and today will be spent with paperwork, getting our Blessing Tree ready for the decorations that are being purchased as a fund raising event and working on some Christmas plans! This evening we are having a Fall Fest with the residents, special entertainment, pumpkin doughnuts, and cider for all!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Oct. 18, 2017 at 6:35 AM

Good morning...Maybe you should just do laundry every week even if there isn't a lot just so it won't be an all afternoon ordeal.  Also could you toss a load of say towels in when you're there and stay long enough to toss them in the dryer?  You could fluff them up the next day before folding?  Keeping up with someone else's laundry isn't easy!

I'm glad your friend is ok and back home even though things are so different.  That's really sad and had to be SO scary for all of them.  All of these crazy things that have happened this year from the fires to the earth quakes to the severe hurricanes ALL scare me!

Anyway....I hope you have a good and uneventful day.  :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Yesterday went fine - work, GHF, parents.  Laundry day is such a long day at parents!  Got there at 1 and didn't get home until 4.   I did a load of laundry at home for myself in the morning, too.  Came home, didn't do a whole lot more and had lights out just ahead of 7.

Up this morning just ahead of 4 - OVN emails caught up, EMW done, MWAKing now, then GHF and off to FL group and then parents.

Dad's door bell battery died so was looking in their cabinets for a similar battery - it's a short squat one.  Well, I found a prescription bottle filled with some seeds and a note that my Grandma wrote 'wild phlox seed 1983'.  Found a bottle with 3 quinine tablets (for malaria) so old there was no date.  Found Jessica's DL that expired in 2001.  Found half a bottle of antibiotics that had been prescribed for my dad from 1992.  Found other assorted crap, too, but no battery.  Guess I get to stop by Walmart today.  Totally confused my dad since I had to replace the D sized batteries in the other part of that same doorbell a few months ago.  I had to try and explain the concept of a wireless doorbell system ... SMH.  At least when taking parents places in my car, dad doesn't ask "are we there yet?"  LOL.

that's about it.  Have a google hangout this morning at 11.  joy.  my colleague in Santa Rosa gets to move back home - lights, gas, internet is back up.   He made this observation:

As an update, we got our gas turned on today (earlier than estimates).  We get hot showers tomorrow.  Woot!!!
So if we ignore that 95% of this neighborhood has been reduced to ash, and ignore the checkpoints with armed National Guard troops, and ignore the regular police patrols in the area, and ignore the civilian and military choppers flying overhead during the day, and ignore all the extra traffic due to road closures and detours, we could almost pretend things are back to normal.   Almost.
We were SO very lucky given how close it got.  I'm sure there are fire crews, who we will never know of, who risked their lives to stop the advance saving houses like ours.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Oct. 18, 2017 at 6:38 AM

Good morning....I feel like I'm barely walking around this morning.  lol  SO sleepy!!!  I was still awake at 1 30 or 2...maybe even later...I'm still so foggy right now.  Clock went off at 6 and I wanted to toss it across the room.  lol

My computer...yes!!!!! the new one that isn't even completely paid for yet has been acting funky...firefox would suddenly crash or it would freeze up....anyway I did a refresh or reset last night not knowing it would take so long.  Then I had to reinstall the anti virus, firefox. itunes,vlc media player etc...and I ended up being up a little later than normal and then couldn't sleep.  lol  Now if after all this if I don't see my computer acting normal I will be a little ticked off!!!  lol  It wasn't an easy task for me since technology is NOT my gift.  lol

Hope you all have a good day  :)

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Oct. 18, 2017 at 6:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I do parents laundry every week!  I think their Kenmore washer and dryer are at least 15 years old.  The washer/dryer I use in the apartment's laundry room is digital - I know my wash will take EXACTLY 28 minutes and the dryer EXACTLY 45 minutes although I usually have to run that dryer twice.  So I guess it's really about the same - just being over at my parents time seems to drag by so much more slowly. 

It must be such a surreal experience for my colleague and I'm SO thankful his home was spared.  I'll get to see him at the Summit in November.

Quoting louannwilkins:

Good morning...Maybe you should just do laundry every week even if there isn't a lot just so it won't be an all afternoon ordeal.  Also could you toss a load of say towels in when you're there and stay long enough to toss them in the dryer?  You could fluff them up the next day before folding?  Keeping up with someone else's laundry isn't easy!

I'm glad your friend is ok and back home even though things are so different.  That's really sad and had to be SO scary for all of them.  All of these crazy things that have happened this year from the fires to the earth quakes to the severe hurricanes ALL scare me!

Anyway....I hope you have a good and uneventful day.  :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Oct. 18, 2017 at 7:14 AM

What operating system do you use on your computer?  Is it Windows or Mac? 

Click this link to show both the OS and browser:  https://www.whatismybrowser.com/  

I prefer Firefox for my browser but also use Chrome.  I should use you as a guinea pig with some remote access software and see if I can help you figure this out - but if it's a Mac, never mind.  LOL.

I rarely have computer issues but see them all the time in the Gmail Help Forum. 

Here's a SMH moment though:

When was the last time you shut down your computer and rebooted it?

what do you mean by shut down and reboot?

Quoting louannwilkins:

Good morning....I feel like I'm barely walking around this morning.  lol  SO sleepy!!!  I was still awake at 1 30 or 2...maybe even later...I'm still so foggy right now.  Clock went off at 6 and I wanted to toss it across the room.  lol

My computer...yes!!!!! the new one that isn't even completely paid for yet has been acting funky...firefox would suddenly crash or it would freeze up....anyway I did a refresh or reset last night not knowing it would take so long.  Then I had to reinstall the anti virus, firefox. itunes,vlc media player etc...and I ended up being up a little later than normal and then couldn't sleep.  lol  Now if after all this if I don't see my computer acting normal I will be a little ticked off!!!  lol  It wasn't an easy task for me since technology is NOT my gift.  lol

Hope you all have a good day  :)

annie-durham
by Silver Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 7:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Good morning everyone.

We are having some really nice weather this week, temps in the 70's and sunny.  I'm hoping to take a walk down to the lake this afternoon.

Not much else going on today which is good.

I've been in a bit of a depression since we got back from Florida and at first I just put it down to post vacation blues but now I'm thinking its something else.  I usually get depressed in the fall anticipating winter which I hate.  I also am still adjusting to this new house and hoping it will feel like home soon.  Anyway I need to give my head a shake and count my blessings.

Hubby left  me to put out the garbage and recycling today wasn't that nice of him.

LEK19
by Group Admin on Oct. 18, 2017 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Good Wednesday Morning!

I am not sure what I am doing today! I might mulch the leaves with the lawn mower. I want to get another walk in. I went on two yesterday. One walk was by myself and the other was a hike through the woods to the lake with Anna. I will post photos later.

Last night I made a fire and we cooked hot dogs and brats. I spent the evening chatting and fire gazing with Don. It was still 65 when I put the fire out later in the evening! It was a gorgeous clear night!

Anna is supposed to have Homeschool Swim this afternoon but she may have started her monthly early. I have to wait and see how that goes.

Other than that laundry is calling again and so is the vacuum cleaner.

One of our gargoyles. 

Have a good Wednesday!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)