Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today.....Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2017 at 8:14 PM
  • 59 Replies

come tell us....

by on Oct. 19, 2017 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Oct. 19, 2017 at 8:15 PM

post is ready for tomorrow morning

smokeyjo
by Jozie on Oct. 20, 2017 at 4:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Friday...not a heck of a lot. I will be calling the phone company, again, in hopes of scheduling an appointment for the underground guys to come out and run the underground line from the phone box to my house. It was accidentally dug up more than a month ago and since then it has only been temporarily fixed, several times.

The eye doctor appointment went well; one eye is slightly different than the other but not so much to need a new prescription and he said I could order another cheap pair of Zenni glasses but told me they needed to be wider due to the progressives and gave me a prescription measurement per that recommendation.

Other than that, not much going on around here. Have a day!!

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Oct. 20, 2017 at 6:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Friday - EMW done, OVN emails caught up, here now then GHF, FL group, parents.

Did the exact same thing yesterday.

So, brother was in Biloxi until he ran out of work so company flew him home last Saturday - on Monday he ended up flying to Chicago for the week.  They flew him home Wednesday night - he got an email Thursday morning from his project manager asking if he received the shipment yet - he replied no, you sent me home!  He took off early from work yesterday to come home to do laundry and pack - since now they are sending him back to Biloxi this morning - his flight leaves at 5 so he should be on the plane now!  He said he'll be back late Sunday - he has already booked next week off to use up his PTO.  What a crazy company he works for.  My dad is so scared brother will get frustrated with all this and quit - but even if he did, what could we do about it? lol.  Brother knows he's got a pretty good deal going - plus at our age, it would be insane to quit a job even if you didn't like it, especially if it's good pay.  He gets $40 cash daily for food when he is out of town - in addition to his regular pay so he loves going out of town - gets a lot more pay than if he was back in KC working.

Went to KFC on my way home from parents - then got my hair cut.

Need to keep an eye on change when you go through fast-food - yesterday my total was $5.46 and I gave her $6.01 (need quarters).  she gave me 45ยข in change.  I told her that was wrong and got my 55ยข but last week I remember distinctly getting the wrong amount of change back but thought I had miscalculated so didn't say anything.  With cash registers doing the calculations for them, there is no reason to give back wrong change unless they pocket the difference and keep it themselves.  I know most of the time I am not paying attention to it anyway - that's probably true for most people so cashiers can get away with it.  grrr.

anyhoo, that's about it.  Heading over to GHF now.

HAPPY FRIDAY!

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 6:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Friday--working and catching up before the weekend. We are making apple dumplings with the residents this afternoon. That should be fun! After work I am helping with registration for an Ultra Marathon being held in our community tomorrow.

Saturday--checking in racers early tomorrow morning, hubby will be starting the race by setting off his cannon. Then some major fall cleaning at our house. We also want to check out a Clubb (not sure of spelling) tournament at our fairgrounds in the afternoon. We do have a meeting with some folks who are sponsering a photo exhibition of my late father-in-law and hubbys historical pics of our county. 

Sunday is church and hopefully not much more than that! I need some down time!

lovemercygrace
by Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 6:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Friday- food shopping..running errands

Saturday- laundry and not much else

Sunday- church, Sunday school, I will be watching the walking dead, my boys will be watching wwe tables, ladders and chairs.
LEK19
by Group Admin on Oct. 20, 2017 at 8:59 AM

Do you mean a Kubb Tournament? The Norse (Viking) throwing game? Don and Anna made me a set for my birthday a few years ago. It is a fun game to play.

Your husband has a cannon?

Quoting darmomusaf:

Friday--working and catching up before the weekend. We are making apple dumplings with the residents this afternoon. That should be fun! After work I am helping with registration for an Ultra Marathon being held in our community tomorrow.

Saturday--checking in racers early tomorrow morning, hubby will be starting the race by setting off his cannon. Then some major fall cleaning at our house. We also want to check out a Clubb (not sure of spelling) tournament at our fairgrounds in the afternoon. We do have a meeting with some folks who are sponsering a photo exhibition of my late father-in-law and hubbys historical pics of our county. 

Sunday is church and hopefully not much more than that! I need some down time!

Why123
by Nancy on Oct. 20, 2017 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Working today.  Not much planned for the weekend.

LEK19
by Group Admin on Oct. 20, 2017 at 9:03 AM

Your brother does have a sweet job especially for a single guy!

Probably just an honest change mistake. I do that often only the other way. I just miscount sometimes. I do sometimes think that people might think I am cheating them though.

Are things settling down over at GHF yet?

Quoting suzeebloch:

Friday - EMW done, OVN emails caught up, here now then GHF, FL group, parents.

Did the exact same thing yesterday.

So, brother was in Biloxi until he ran out of work so company flew him home last Saturday - on Monday he ended up flying to Chicago for the week.  They flew him home Wednesday night - he got an email Thursday morning from his project manager asking if he received the shipment yet - he replied no, you sent me home!  He took off early from work yesterday to come home to do laundry and pack - since now they are sending him back to Biloxi this morning - his flight leaves at 5 so he should be on the plane now!  He said he'll be back late Sunday - he has already booked next week off to use up his PTO.  What a crazy company he works for.  My dad is so scared brother will get frustrated with all this and quit - but even if he did, what could we do about it? lol.  Brother knows he's got a pretty good deal going - plus at our age, it would be insane to quit a job even if you didn't like it, especially if it's good pay.  He gets $40 cash daily for food when he is out of town - in addition to his regular pay so he loves going out of town - gets a lot more pay than if he was back in KC working.

Went to KFC on my way home from parents - then got my hair cut.

Need to keep an eye on change when you go through fast-food - yesterday my total was $5.46 and I gave her $6.01 (need quarters).  she gave me 45ยข in change.  I told her that was wrong and got my 55ยข but last week I remember distinctly getting the wrong amount of change back but thought I had miscalculated so didn't say anything.  With cash registers doing the calculations for them, there is no reason to give back wrong change unless they pocket the difference and keep it themselves.  I know most of the time I am not paying attention to it anyway - that's probably true for most people so cashiers can get away with it.  grrr.

anyhoo, that's about it.  Heading over to GHF now.

HAPPY FRIDAY!

LEK19
by Group Admin on Oct. 20, 2017 at 9:04 AM

How is the healing going?

Quoting Why123:

Why123
by Nancy on Oct. 20, 2017 at 9:10 AM

I still hurt.  The doctor told me it would probably be a while before I stopped hurting.  I noticed some swelling yesterday so it was back to the heating pad.

Quoting LEK19:

How is the healing going?

Quoting Why123:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)