Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Speaking of weight loss......

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2017 at 2:08 PM
  • 13 Replies

Just thought I'd share these photos from a book I have.

The book is about juicing. I have a juicer, and years ago I experimented, but never stuck to it. I was thinking of doing it again. Have you tried juicing? What expectations did you have? How did your expectations pan out?

by on Oct. 23, 2017 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
annie-durham
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I have never got into juicing, and don't have a juicer.  

I know that a lot of fruit has natural sugar in it so can end up high in calories but I think with the juicing you use other veggies and just add a bit of the sweeter fruit.  

KittyGram
by Becky on Oct. 23, 2017 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never done it.  I've thought about it over the years, but at those times I couldn't afford a juicer.

These days, I'm doing low carb, as I think it's the best option for me right now.

LEK19
by Group Admin on Oct. 23, 2017 at 4:53 PM
2 moms liked this

Nope, and I probably never will!

I think it is better to eat the whole fruit anyway rather than juice.

I think that is great advice to make peace with your body type.

One thing I don't own is a scale. I can tell when I am gaining weight by how certain clothes fit. I think when someone constantly weighs themselves and watches that scale too much it is easy to get discouraged. A healthy weight can fluctuate. Go by how much better you feel once you start exercising.

annie-durham
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 5:00 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree we need to make peace with our body type.  I also don't own a scale and rarely weigh myself.

Quoting LEK19:

Nope, and I probably never will!

I think it is better to eat the whole fruit anyway rather than juice.

I think that is great advice to make peace with your body type.

One thing I don't own is a scale. I can tell when I am gaining weight by how certain clothes fit. I think when someone constantly weighs themselves and watches that scale too much it is easy to get discouraged. A healthy weight can fluctuate. Go by how much better you feel once you start exercising.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Oct. 23, 2017 at 5:00 PM
2 moms liked this

It's so hard to even stick to a low-carb way of eating - and lately, more often than not, I will drive through a fast-food place and pick up what ever is cheap.  But really it's just an excuse and being lazy.  I do have time in my day to start walking - 30 minutes a day - all I need to do is walk 7.5 minutes then turn around and come back.  twice a day.  I KNOW I can do that - finding the motivation is the hard part!!  I also know myself and once I get into a "rut" of doing something, my motivation is not a concern.  But I can come up with more excuses to NOT do something. ugh.

annie-durham
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't eat fast food because of my IBS so that is actually a blessing.

But I can eat my weight in bread and cheese.  As for the walking I could very easily walk 30 minutes I have all the time in the world but I dont' do it.  

Quoting suzeebloch:

It's so hard to even stick to a low-carb way of eating - and lately, more often than not, I will drive through a fast-food place and pick up what ever is cheap.  But really it's just an excuse and being lazy.  I do have time in my day to start walking - 30 minutes a day - all I need to do is walk 7.5 minutes then turn around and come back.  twice a day.  I KNOW I can do that - finding the motivation is the hard part!!  I also know myself and once I get into a "rut" of doing something, my motivation is not a concern.  But I can come up with more excuses to NOT do something. ugh.

bluebunnybabe
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I’ve never tried it.
louannwilkins
by Louann on Oct. 23, 2017 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have a juicer and I've never done it but I could probably do it for a while if I had one. 

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2017 at 6:15 AM
1 mom liked this
The last line jumped out at me... that's a fantastic thing to remember!
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2017 at 6:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I know a woman who started juicing and walking and damn, she looks SO much better! She's down 50 pounds and feels great. Whatever works for YOU is what you should do. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)