Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today....Tuesday?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2017 at 8:09 PM
  • 28 Replies

come tell us....

by on Nov. 20, 2017 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Nov. 20, 2017 at 8:09 PM

post is ready for tomorrow morning

MikeysMom22
by Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL Today Tuesday, at the school where I work, we will be having our Thanksgiving feast because there is no school from Wednesday until next Monday.

annie-durham
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 4:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Good morning ladies.

I'm proctoring downtown today so had to be up for 4am and leave at 5

Hubby will drive us down to the hotel because the trains don't run this early

I have a 2 day student so I'm back at it tomorrow, although I'll finish both days by 2pm.  I like finishing early and getting home before dark and not having to take rush hour trains but getting up that second day is hard.

Its going to be close to 50 today so when I get home I hope to finish filling the leaf bags for pick up tomorrow and fill all my bird feeders.  

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Nov. 21, 2017 at 5:02 AM

Funny how when it's Tuesday, more often than not, I'm like, "It's only Tuesday?"  lol.

Ugh on my work.  Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

In the sample below, let's pretend the doctor actually said Janerabbit, Johnrabbit, Junerabbit, Joanrabbit, Juanrabbit, Joelrabbit.  But Voice Recognition typed it jackrabbit each time.  I get to go through and fix all the mistakes, yet the final outcome is the same pittance.  If I had been typing that from scratch, I would not have made those mistakes to begin with.

Jackrabbit jackrabbit jackrabbit jackrabbit jackrabbit

There are 100 visible black characters

There are 109 characters with spaces

If I had typed it right, from scratch: 100/50 = 2 lines,   2 x 10¢ = 20¢

But with VR, after I fix the mistakes: 109/65 = 1.67 lines,  1.67 x 3.5¢ = 5¢

So that's pretty frustrating to say the least.  I don't quite yet have a feel for how many extra hours I am going to need to work to get back to my own personal quota, either.  I think I worked an extra 2 hours yesterday and still fell below my quota.

anyhoo, after work, went to parents.  Mom is very lethargic again. I almost couldn't get her out of the bathtub and that was a bit unnerving. She simply wasn't comprehending simple commands.  I ended up having to put a towel around her and after I drained the tub, I got in behind her and pulled her up.  All the time she was complaining of being cold!  After she was dressed, we were in the kitchen and I cut up a banana - and she didn't seem to know what to do (eat them).  I found a couple of banana slices in her water cup even though I didn't see her do that!

Came home, scanned my 2018 contract renewal but scanner only does one page at a time - PLUS I have to name every document like this Ronna Harlow - End of Year Paperwork 2017 - Medical INK Independent Contractor Agreement 2018 p1.  There are 28 pages.  I have 9 pages left to rename - there are a total of 9 different topics.

Had our monthly video hangout with the Gmail team.  What a waste of time with the manager's empty promises and fake apologies. Of course it's a long weekend for all 3 of them - beginning tomorrow for Thanksgiving and then next TWTh they are in all-day meetings. 

On the bright side, I baked a pound of bacon and also the liver I bought a while back.  Still haven't done those gizzards!

Today is laundry day at parents.  That's about it. Heading over to FL group after I check the GHF really quickly.

Happy Tuesday!

smokeyjo
by Jozie on Nov. 21, 2017 at 6:30 AM
1 mom liked this
A few errands in town today. The horse needs a new water trough. Somehow, his has gotten a crack and the smaller one we put in there just doesn’t hold enough water for his liking. Good thing it isn’t summer, we’d be filling it twice a day or more!!

I have a residual check to deposit into Coco’s Dad’s account. I really need to call SAG/AFTRA and have them put it in my name so I can close his bank/POA account as advised by the bank but I have been dragging my feet. It’s just easier not to. They’ll want a death certificate and whatnot and who knows what else and I’m just not up for all that. I just deposit the checks and then transfer the money every few months to my money market account. It’s like he’s still contributing to the household/my retirement account so what’s wrong with that?

Have a good day, stay warm, stay healthy and happy!!
darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 6:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Good morning all!! It's a crafting day with the residents for me today!! Heading in to work to get a few things done in my office and then, it's time for some paint, glue, ribbons, etc as we work on lots of projects today!!!

Home to do some baking. I volunteered to make two pies for the Community Thanksgiving dinner held here in our town for folks who have no family, so they are not alone for the holiday. Doing some crafting here at home tonight too!

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 7:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Happy Tuesday!

I have my Orthopedic Dr. Appt at 9:45am. He's got to do something because my wrist is bad and the pain is keeping me up at night. I can't hardly do anything...

After the appt. My YDS wants to get a new phone, I HAVE to grocery shop and hopefully change car insurance.
louannwilkins
by Louann on Nov. 21, 2017 at 8:23 AM

Gosh Ronna...that has to be so frustating with work.  Frustrating and a trip to the poor house at that rate.  I wish you could come up with some clients of your own who don't do that.  Have you talked to any other people who do what you do?  How do they make it etc?  There needs to be a support group!  lol  Seriously though I DO hope you can figure out a way to make it worth your while.

Do you think your mom might be dehydrated?  I know that can make any of us a little "off" in more ways than one.  That would be one of the first things I thought of.  Hugs to you and her.  Hope it's a good day

Quoting suzeebloch:

Funny how when it's Tuesday, more often than not, I'm like, "It's only Tuesday?"  lol.

In the sample below, let's pretend the doctor actually said Janerabbit, Johnrabbit, Junerabbit, Joanrabbit, Juanrabbit, Joelrabbit.  But Voice Recognition typed it jackrabbit each time.  I get to go through and fix all the mistakes, yet the final outcome is the same pittance.  If I had been typing that from scratch, I would not have made those mistakes to begin with.

So that's pretty frustrating to say the least.  I don't quite yet have a feel for how many extra hours I am going to need to work to get back to my own personal quota, either.  I think I worked an extra 2 hours yesterday and still fell below my quota.

anyhoo, after work, went to parents.  Mom is very lethargic again. I almost couldn't get her out of the bathtub and that was a bit unnerving. She simply wasn't comprehending simple commands.  I ended up having to put a towel around her and after I drained the tub, I got in behind her and pulled her up.  All the time she was complaining of being cold!  After she was dressed, we were in the kitchen and I cut up a banana - and she didn't seem to know what to do (eat them).  I found a couple of banana slices in her water cup even though I didn't see her do that!

Came home, scanned my 2018 contract renewal but scanner only does one page at a time - PLUS I have to name every document like this Ronna Harlow - End of Year Paperwork 2017 - Medical INK Independent Contractor Agreement 2018 p1.  There are 28 pages.  I have 9 pages left to rename - there are a total of 9 different topics.

Had our monthly video hangout with the Gmail team.  What a waste of time with the manager's empty promises and fake apologies. Of course it's a long weekend for all 3 of them - beginning tomorrow for Thanksgiving and then next TWTh they are in all-day meetings. 

On the bright side, I baked a pound of bacon and also the liver I bought a while back.  Still haven't done those gizzards!

Today is laundry day at parents.  That's about it. Heading over to FL group after I check the GHF really quickly.

Happy Tuesday!

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Nov. 21, 2017 at 8:36 AM

The last time this happened with my mom, I think you mentioned the dehydration thing then, too.  I'll make sure to remind dad to get her to drink as much water as possible!  I know dad said she didn't eat lunch so that's why I fed her the banana - and told dad if she doesn't eat, to try to get her to drink a bottle of Ensure.

It sounds really really horrible to say this, and I hope it's not being selfish on my part, but what is my mom's quality of life right now?  Completely zilch.  Mom is no longer here.  The horrible part is I keep hoping in the back of my mind she'll fall asleep and not wake up.  A nursing home is probably going to be a necessity in the not-too-distant future.  To me it's just a crying shame all of my parent's money is going to be paid to take care of her - she is NOT going to get better.  this isn't the same as someone breaking their leg and needing nursing care - you know they will get better and the expense and time is worth it.  I think this "guilt" is weighing heavily on me without me really realizing it.  Add in this work situation and if I was prone to depression, I'd be there now.  Thankfully, I'm not, but still. 

Quoting louannwilkins:

Gosh Ronna...that has to be so frustating with work.  Frustrating and a trip to the poor house at that rate.  I wish you could come up with some clients of your own who don't do that.  Have you talked to any other people who do what you do?  How do they make it etc?  There needs to be a support group!  lol  Seriously though I DO hope you can figure out a way to make it worth your while.

Do you think your mom might be dehydrated?  I know that can make any of us a little "off" in more ways than one.  That would be one of the first things I thought of.  Hugs to you and her.  Hope it's a good day

Quoting suzeebloch:

Happy Tuesday!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Nov. 21, 2017 at 8:37 AM

Good morning....I've been up washing clothes so I have something clean to wear the rest of the week.  lol  I had clean clothes but there were a couple of shirts I wanted done so I did that first thing.  They're in the dryer now.  I have a huge pan of sweet potatoes baking.  Some to eat like they are and some to use for the sweet potato casserole and maybe a pie too.  Not sure yet.  My furniture is supposed to be coming soon!!!!  I'm excited and nervous.

My heat has been working like it's supposed to.  My neighbor did something to the thermostat.  Took it off the wall and flipped a switch or something.  I don't really know.  They also changed my breaker and so far it's good to go!!!  Thank you dear Lord above.  I was worried!! 

I have to go to Mr M's this afternoon and if all goes well tomorrow after work me and my mom will head up to Raleigh and spend the night and then meet her sister and her dh for an early Thanksgiving meal at the cafeteria.  Should be a fun but quick trip.  I bought a turkey breast yesterday for us which I will probably cook on Friday.  Got the bag of cranberries and stuffing so we're all set.  lol

This is the sofa I'm getting and the chair matches it.  This is a pic I took of the floor model.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)