Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In their own way

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2017 at 1:10 AM
  • 7 Replies
I have a 33 year old daughter , a 31 year old son , and a 26 year old son . Each has a totally different personality than the others but the youngest seems to have a stronger pull on me...maybe this has something to do with the fact that I can no longer conceive?
by on Nov. 25, 2017 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lucky2Beeme
by Member on Nov. 25, 2017 at 3:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe you are more alike ? Maybe he was your easier child ? Maybe because he was your baby ? Not knowing you or him hard to say.
Ziva65
by Member on Nov. 25, 2017 at 5:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I have 4, all very different. Ages 21, 19,19,19. The oldest does that to me. I think it’s personality, or that we had him alone without the others around for a little while. The others are very interdependent, he’s not.
annie-durham
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2017 at 6:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I have 3 kids and I feel the same with my youngest too.  I suffered 2 miscarriages before I had him so there are 7 years between him and the next one.  

My oldest daughter was a very strong willed child and her and I clashed all the time, we are close now but it wasn't always like that.

My middle son was a very easy child, but because the first two are only 18 months apart I feel that he was sort of overlooked a lot while I dealt with his difficult sister.  He is the peace maker in the family now and still the easy going one. 

And I guess since the other two were in school I finally had a baby to just enjoy all on his own.  

I also think my youngest son has the nicest personality of the three he is kind and thoughtful and just a nice man now.  

jabs54
by Jeanine on Nov. 26, 2017 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm closer to my youngest too.   She is most like me and we get along great.

LEK19
by Group Admin on Nov. 27, 2017 at 4:11 PM

Could be!

DONNAOPULENTO
by Member on Nov. 27, 2017 at 4:30 PM

Yes, I think in my case, she needed me the most.  She was the rascal with "itchy-feet" one who was always into something, at some place, at the wrong time.  Because she was the baby.  

lovingladyo4
by New Member on Nov. 27, 2017 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you ever read The Birth Order book by Dr. Kevin Leman? He was one of the first psychologists that pioneered the idea that birth order influences our perception of life. 

As a parent, a mother has tendencies to cling to the endearing moments of their younger years. It is her last chance to live through the developmental years. She has also gotten tired of upholding all the household rules and lets the baby slide through a lot of them. All normal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)