Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thought I'd share some of my work woes ...

This is what voice recognition typed:

John, I Ferguson's from today in conjunction with nurse practitioner, Melissa Sonnenberg.  Emanuel much this gentleman.  Sister and physical examination are as presented in Ms. summer does note.

This is what was dictated:

I saw Mr. Eifler today in conjunction with my nurse practitioner, Lisa Sonberg.  The germane elements of this man's history and physical examination are as presented in Ms. Sonberg's note.

Since this doctor says the same thing every time, I have an autocorrect set up.  I type "drsstart" and the correct sentence types out - all I have to do is type the patient's name. 

I got paid 10¢ for fixing that but with the older system, I would have been paid 31¢ to type it correctly in the first place.

by on Dec. 2, 2017 at 9:40 AM
Replies (21-25):
KittyGram
by Becky on Dec. 4, 2017 at 2:07 PM

Ugh... .sounds like when my sister was told that she was expected to train her replacement.... she had not put in her resignation..........but she did once she was told that.  

Quoting suzeebloch:

This is a difficult doctor to begin with (talks way too fast) but I'm having to stop and correct just about every other word or two!  That is very time consuming. I've been typing for him since 2006, though, so I know what he meant to say, is going to say, etc.  VR hasn't figured that out yet, obviously.

In addition, since it's VR, when I am listening to the sound file (using a foot pedal to control off/on), the words are highlighted on the screen as well.  IF I forget to stop the sound file to correct something - it will over write whatever was highlighted.  And then when I resume the playback, now my cursor isn't where it was when I stopped it!  When I'm straight typing, the words are not highlighted unless I high light them (rarely).  And I don't have to stop the sound file as I'm typing, either.  I can listen "ahead" and type at the same time.  Can't do that when editing VR.

and I'm wondering - if I can withstand this low income and get VR trained then what?  Am I out of a job because VR now knows how to do it?  lol.  Actually, I'm told by then I can edit 4x more in the same time I can straight type the same documents and actually make more money.  The trick is IF I can make it until then.  Not gonna hold my breath because I'm starving to death anyway.  No need to suffocate, too.  LOL.

Quoting KittyGram:

Quoting suzeebloch:

I'll stop doing this but here's one more:

VR:  "spell is not wait on when in GYN ophthalmologist and consuming pediatric catheter to see [PATIENT NAME] and bicarb"Doctor dictated:  Send this to Aftab Patni.  Copy to Dr. Zelenski who is the primary care doctor.  Copy to Wade Han.  Copy to Ly Nguyen N G U Y E N, ophthalmogist in Kissimmee.

WTF?!?!?  How does it get that from what was dictated?  Not even one word is close.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Dec. 6, 2017 at 5:08 AM

I keep having to make the same stupid corrections for VR.  This is really getting old.  I would have been fired long ago if I ignored corrections to mistakes.  We are expected to learn from mistakes and never make them again. 

VR: 
The patient, Lincoln for a nurse practitioner at least to some degree with elements of this woman's history and physical examination are as presented in Ms. summer note.

Dictated:
I saw Ms. Mitchell today in conjunction with my nurse practitioner, Lisa Sonberg.  The germane elements of this woman's history and physical examination are as presented in Ms. Sonberg's note.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 6, 2017 at 6:54 AM

Wow....quite a difference.  Yep...I'm sure you'd have been fired.  Too bad they don't listen when you're trying to inform them of all the things that are happening

Quoting suzeebloch:

I keep having to make the same stupid corrections for VR.  This is really getting old.  I would have been fired long ago if I ignored corrections to mistakes.  We are expected to learn from mistakes and never make them again. 

VR:  The patient, Lincoln for a nurse practitioner at least to some degree with elements of this woman's history and physical examination are as presented in Ms. summer note.

Dictated: I saw Ms. Mitchell today in conjunction with my nurse practitioner, Lisa Sonberg.  The germane elements of this woman's history and physical examination are as presented in Ms. Sonberg's note.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Dec. 6, 2017 at 7:31 AM

VR:  Her aneurysm poses a risk of rupture of 1:200,000.

Dictated:  Her aneurysm poses a risk of rupture of 1 to 2 in 1000.

That's kind of a GINORMOUS difference.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Dec. 9, 2017 at 12:20 PM

VR:  Dalma Morrison was done more today and congestion.  My nurse practitioner can at least some impingement on much of this woman's history and physical examination are as presented in this lemberg's note.

D:  I saw Ms. Dolamore today in conjunction with my nurse practitioner, Lisa Sonberg.  The germane elements of this woman's history and physical examination are as presented in Ms. Sonberg's note.

okay this doctor says THE EXACT SAME THING each time.  I have been having to RETYPE this EXACT SAME THING each time.  Sheez already.  VR just won't pay attention.  This is really really STUPID.  Thankfully, I have that short autocorrect so I'm not really retyping anything - just inserting the patient's name.  but still!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)