Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to cafemom. I have 2 boys 22 and 28. I guess I’m on here to talk with other moms with kids that are out of the home and hopefully get advice on keeping good relationships with them. My youngest will be moving out of state so that is weighing on my mind. So hello to all and I hope to share and help
by on Dec. 3, 2017 at 7:27 PM
Replies (11-14):
Barnabas17
by New Member on Dec. 5, 2017 at 2:08 PM

Love your question! :-)

I have 2 children that are out of the house and it is still hard for me to keep in contact (without) wishing at times that they would do things my way.  But with my faith, it has truly helped me to see that I don't have to worry like I used to.  They know that they are loved and they know that I am a phone call away.  I remember when all the technology came out, I did not like texting...now it's a great way to tell them that I love them and a great way for them to respond with as much or as little as they want to share.  I love to read inbetween the lines because they think I don't know when stuff is bothering them, but moms always know.  Hopefully you and your boys will text, skype, face-time, visit and talk often...and hopefully you can send an old fashion letter in the mail to encourage them and like me, it will make your heart happy.  No matter the distance, however you're able to communicate, it lets them know that you love them. I'm sure they will know in their hearts that you will always be their mom and that you TRUST them.

atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 6, 2017 at 11:18 AM
Welcome to the group. I have 2 married daughters ages almost 24 and 26. Our youngest lives in Hawaii which we are visiting now. We had a great week and have one more.
My oldest moved out and back in once and once married she is out of course. DH retired 18 months ago so we live 6 months in FL and 6 months in Wisconsin.
DONNAOPULENTO
by Member on Dec. 6, 2017 at 3:57 PM

Aloha!

cybcm
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2017 at 5:33 PM
Hello and welcome :)

I have 5 kids, aged 23, 21, 18, 16 and 10, with the older two out of home.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)