Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today....Tuesday?

Posted by   + Show Post

come tell us.....

by on Dec. 4, 2017 at 8:04 PM
Replies (41-41):
kuntrylady56
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2017 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm very thankful that my grandchildren live so close and my grand daughter living with me is extra special. Even with all that me and my daughter have been through I have always been able to see my grandsons any time.

And yes, I would rather give them gifts of memories and fun then material objects they'll just forget about in time. Thats one reason I bought season passes for Silver Dollar City, its something we call do during the year when they're open. In fact next weekend we're hoping to be able to go down for their Christmas shows,lights and parade and then have a nice meal after at one of the little local resturaunts we found near there.Since we try to do this evey year for past few, I make sure I save some money back to be able to do it and they know its part of our Christmas for all of them.

I remeber some of the things I got for Christmas but its because they were associated with so many happy memories. But I would rather have the gift of family and friends around me then material things under the the tree. As I get older the memories I can make with and for others are very important to me.

Quoting LEK19:

How nice of your garage!!!

I understand how those lean Christmas years can be! That is when I especially like to build memories with the gifts. Do something rather than just give something. It makes the gifts more memorable, doesn't it? I am having a tougher time getting the grandgirls to spend quality time with them lately. My son's in-laws have been up often and it seems to be affecting things. I will have to talk to my son about that. He can still bring them. I have only been able to see them when I go there, but at least I can still see them!

I have been shutting off my son's apartment heat and opening windows since I have been down here! Today we got snow so on the heat went. My daughter's apartment is too, too warm. I have our bedroom window open all the time when we are there. She sent her apartment managers three messages already but nothing has been done yet. At least the heat is included in her rent. So up the windows go!

I hope you are enjoying your relaxing day!

Quoting kuntrylady56:

Brrr!! The cold weather has arrived. For the last week our heat has hardly came on at all, even at night, but its running today. 

Larry took Kali to school this morning so I took a nice leisurly shower before getting dressed for the day. Now I'm all relaxed and comfy and don't want to do much of anything.lol Larry was sweet and took my van up to the garage to get the oil changed for me and have them check and top off any thing else that needs to be. Really should have the radiator flushed and filled but thats going to have to wait.

Can't belive Christmas is in three weeks and I hardly have any shopping done. About to go into panic mode. ahhhhh!!!  Usually have mine done by now, except for stocking stuffers and such. Money has just been tight this years so am having to wait until Larry gets his Christmas club money from work to do any major shopping.And that won't be until next Friday.

Wow! Larry just got back from the garage(its right up the street) and its where we get our cars worked on all the time. They did the oild change and topped all the fluids off and when LArry went to pay the owner (Mike) said to him Merry Christmas and didn't charge us anything. That was so nice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)