Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

QOTD 12/6/17

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2017 at 9:13 AM
  • 15 Replies

What is the worst Christmas gift you ever got?

by on Dec. 6, 2017 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Why123
by Nancy on Dec. 6, 2017 at 9:13 AM

Someone gave me a plastic shower head one year.

momof337
by Stephanie on Dec. 6, 2017 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Nothing my family knows better lol
kuntrylady56
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2017 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I really can't think of anything awfully bad, except some clothing that just wasn't anything close to anything I would wear. Either not my style of just plain ugly.

emmygirl31
by Angie on Dec. 6, 2017 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

bottle cap jewelery made by an adult. I worked for national airlines in the 70's and loved that company.  DH paid someone to get old bottle caps and create a bracelet for me with the National Airlines sun king emblem on them.  It was ugly and you couldnt wear it even if you liked it with 10 bottle caps haning off your wrist

KittyGram
by Becky on Dec. 6, 2017 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't think of anything, other than white elephant gift exchanges - one year I actually got a white elephant.  It was ceramic.  

But at the same time, I give bad gifts for white elephant gift exhanges.  It makes it more fun.  One year I wrapped up a roll of toilet paper.

luvnature
by Suzie on Dec. 6, 2017 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

A trick my parents played on me and my sister the year they got us our 10speed bikes. 

They told us they could not afford the bikes we really wanted, so we were fine with it. But they did buy the bikes though, but kept them in the basement of our uncle's house until Christmas eve party. My parents wrapped 2 big boxes for us and made sure to put something heavy inside both boxes so we would think we were getting something awesome. They made us open those boxes first and mine had a big box of macaroni noodles (which had been opened before and I lifted it up from the bottom and spilled all the noodles inside the box lol). My sister got a big log lol. 

those were the worst things ever that we got. But we were good sports about it all so all went well. 

cybcm
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2017 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this
My mother is absolutely in love with porcelain dolls. I hate them, always have, but she bought me MORE THAN ONE every single years for Christmas until I left home. She made me display them in my bedroom and I easily had more than 50, so it was this full wall of creepy dolls just staring at my bed.

I remember the first time my husband (/boyfriend at the time) saw it he screamed "WHY? WHY WOILD ANYONE HAVE THAT?"

So it was nearly two decades of collectively bad presents that created a big wall of creepy to watch over me as I slept.

She still has them, plus all hers, all up she would have close to 300 now.
louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 6, 2017 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this

A tool...yes, a tool and had NO idea WHAT to do with it.  lol  I honestly think it was an attachment to a tool that wasn't included in the gift.  lol

tinysmom160
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2017 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Leather jacket

smokeyjo
by Jozie on Dec. 7, 2017 at 4:30 AM
1 mom liked this

My ex-sister-in-law used to buy some horrendous house items. Like vases that were taller than I am. Or, a collection of wooden objects that looked like finials for a stair bannister post.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)