Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today....Thursday?

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2017 at 9:16 PM
  • 22 Replies

come tell us....

by on Dec. 6, 2017 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 6, 2017 at 9:17 PM

post is ready for tomorrow morning

emmygirl31
by Angie on Dec. 6, 2017 at 9:29 PM
2 moms liked this

shopping for a family I adopted for christmas.  It makes my heart happy to do this.  My mom was a real Christmas lover...I have never been so, but I am doing this to honor my mother.  I adopted 2 families and my goal is to make them all have a christmas they will never forget!

kuntrylady56
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 1:02 AM

Doing some online Christmas shopping since I'm not sleepy. Figured I'd pop in here now because I don't know what I'll be doing tomorrow.. Larry is off and he dosen't know it yet but he is going to help me hang some curtains in the living and dining room. Want to get the ones hung in the living room so we can set the tree up in front of the window.

Have beans soaking for 15 bean soup tomorrow since its going to be very cold tomorrow. Ham and beans just sounded really good along with some cornbread. Yummmm! 

I changed my bed linens and put my heating blanket on the bed, so I'll have a nice toasty bed to crawl in to. Problem is I already have a hard time getting out of bed in the morning this is just going to make it worse.lol

sleepout of bed

smokeyjo
by Jozie on Dec. 7, 2017 at 4:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh...not much going on here today, just the usual-- Coco needs to get hay for Phoenix, her horse, I need layer and cracked corn for the hens. I need a fill-in, she needs a manicure and has weight-lifting class. I need to move some more wood before it gets wet. (I do not want to move a lot of wood yet because Fred has not yet brought my gravel due to the weather and some of the gravel goes under the porch area where we store the wood during the winter.) Apparently, we are getting winter weather and I have no idea what kind as it could be anything from a dusting to flurries to four inches of snow and currently, The Weather Channel app says, rain and snow but the rest of the weekend looks good so who the heckola knows?! The temperatures look cold, which I like, so that will be nice. 

Anyway, I do have a tiny bit of work to do for the May event but other than that, just putzing about the farm. Have a Day and stay warm and dry!!

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 5:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Good Thursday Morning!

Work all day. We have our work party 5-9pm hopefully the clients I'm taking don't want to stay that long.

I'm OFF tomorrow and can't wait!
Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 5:42 AM
Good Thursday Morning!

Work all day. We have our work party 5-9pm hopefully the clients I'm taking don't want to stay that long.

I'm OFF tomorrow and can't wait!
louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 7, 2017 at 6:25 AM

That is SO sweet Angie!!!  I'm sure you will be a blessing to them both!  Hope you have a good day  :)

Quoting emmygirl31:

shopping for a family I adopted for christmas.  It makes my heart happy to do this.  My mom was a real Christmas lover...I have never been so, but I am doing this to honor my mother.  I adopted 2 families and my goal is to make them all have a christmas they will never forget!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 7, 2017 at 6:26 AM

I've got my electric blanket on too.  I turn it on to heat the bed and then turn it off when I get in.  Your soup sounds good!!

Quoting kuntrylady56:

Doing some online Christmas shopping since I'm not sleepy. Figured I'd pop in here now because I don't know what I'll be doing tomorrow.. Larry is off and he dosen't know it yet but he is going to help me hang some curtains in the living and dining room. Want to get the ones hung in the living room so we can set the tree up in front of the window.

Have beans soaking for 15 bean soup tomorrow since its going to be very cold tomorrow. Ham and beans just sounded really good along with some cornbread. Yummmm! 

I changed my bed linens and put my heating blanket on the bed, so I'll have a nice toasty bed to crawl in to. Problem is I already have a hard time getting out of bed in the morning this is just going to make it worse.lol

sleepout of bed

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 7, 2017 at 6:30 AM

Good morning....I can't believe I beat Ronna here!!  Hope all is well.  I woke up at 5:30 with my back still hurting so I got up.  I'm eating toast now so I can take 800 mg of ibuprofen.  It's rainy here.  Yuck...we'll be in this pattern for the next couple of days.

I go to Mr M's this morn and then I'm helping my friend Pete...a neighbor who plays cards with us a lot...he's wanting to wash his walls down and paint at some point.  Even though I do NOT feel like it since I'll have a free afternoon I told him I'd come over and help a while.  He's so nice to me and my family so I feel like it's the least I can do.

Hope you all have a good day!!

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Dec. 7, 2017 at 6:31 AM

Good morning!  So, I had turned off the 4 alarms on my phone when I woke up at 11:30 p.m. the night before - and I didn't wake up until 5 this morning!  yikes me!  lol.  Have to hurry with my EMW and then get to FL group.  But MWAK is important to me, too!!  Even my OVN emails and GHF are going to the back burner.

yesterday went fine considering how early I was awake.  Work - well what can I say?  I worked a solid 8 hours yesterday (3 a.m. - 11 a.m.).  My goals when working 5 hours per day, personal minimum is $65 and personal goal is $73 per day.  Yesterday it was $44 - in 8 hours.  ugh.  I rarely had an issue meeting my minimum goal before VR.

Parents was fine - mom was "slower" than usual - ugh!  But PT was there and then social worker from Home health to give us ideas.  Adult day care may be a good option.

anyhoo, I need to get to my EMW now and then off to the FL group - all in 30 minutes.  and BRRR!  it's 19° outside!  No wonder my fingers are cold but my lap is warm because of my rice socks. 

that's it.

Happy Thursday!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)