Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

QOTD 12/7/17

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2017 at 11:29 AM
  • 15 Replies

I ordered a doll for my granddaughter for Christmas from Amazon.  The doll was $30.  To make sure it got here by Christmas would have cost me and extra $45 for shipping.  It is being shipped from Japan.  My son wanted a hat that he saw online so I ordered it for him.  It has finally been shipped, from China.  Have you ever ordered something online that you didn't realize at the time was being shipped from another country?

by on Dec. 7, 2017 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Dec. 7, 2017 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know that I've ever really paid attention to where it is being shipped from, to be honest.  They pretty much give you an idea of when to expect delivery.

I placed an order at Zulily for 3 tunic tops - placed the order online in mid October.  I didn't get those tops until after Thanksgiving.  I'm not ordering from them ever again, that's for sure.

EireLass
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I have. I only realized it when I was waiting and waiting and then decided to track it online. And of course it came from wherever far away. Then I started doubting the quality of the product, etc. But so far, so good, on holding up.

I use Amazon alot. For the most part, I only buy what qualifies for Prime/free shipping. 

KittyGram
by Becky on Dec. 7, 2017 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Last year, in maybe early November, I ordered a "Hogwarts Acceptance Letter" for my granddaughter Riley, who turned 11 in January of this year... 11 is the big Harry Potter birthday..... I ordered it from amazon, and knew it was coming from England.  I think I got it right after Christmas.  Thankfully it was still plenty of time before her birthday.  (She was "disappointed" to learn that it was from me and not Hogwarts.  Haha!!!)

I also ordered a handmade bracelet for her birthday, also a Harry Potter-inspired item, and also from England.  That one took longer, but arrived in time.  At times I wondered if I was getting ripped off, but it was only like $3.00 or so.

momof337
by Stephanie on Dec. 7, 2017 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Not so far,but I hardly shop online
luvnature
by Suzie on Dec. 7, 2017 at 4:40 PM

MOst of the stuff we order on amazon gets shipped from the USA. Last year, I ordered a cd set for my mom and it was shipped from France and she got it within 5 days using regular postal services. 

cybcm
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I live in Australia. The vast majority of stuff I order online is from overseas. 4-8 weeks is my general expectation for online orders. Asia is usually the quickest to here, then Europe, anything from the US, you give it a few months.

That said, Amazon Australia was launched two weeks ago, it might take less than a month now!
louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 7, 2017 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I haven't had that issue before but I now do amazon prime and when ordering something I look there first and order when possible because of free shipping

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

We try to be very careful about that! We have had several kids in our town who have ordered prom gowns, and they didn't arrive on time because of where they were coming from!

Esmrlda
by Esme on Dec. 7, 2017 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes and I try and see where the company is located before I order anything.  Takesto long, recently I ordered new dog collars o nEtsy and come to find out they are coming from England.  Should be here in about 21 days.   I thought Etsy was just for the good ole US of A.

LEK19
by Group Admin on Dec. 7, 2017 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I always check out where something is being shipped from.

I also read the reviews.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)