Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I ordered a doll for my granddaughter for Christmas from Amazon.  The doll was $30.  To make sure it got here by Christmas would have cost me and extra $45 for shipping.  It is being shipped from Japan.  My son wanted a hat that he saw online so I ordered it for him.  It has finally been shipped, from China.  Have you ever ordered something online that you didn't realize at the time was being shipped from another country?

by on Dec. 7, 2017 at 11:29 AM
Replies (11-15):
tinysmom160
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope never have! 

Why123
by Nancy on Dec. 8, 2017 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

The doll was Amazon Prime with free shipping.  To get it here quickly would have cost me an extra $45.

Quoting louannwilkins:

I haven't had that issue before but I now do amazon prime and when ordering something I look there first and order when possible because of free shipping

annie-durham
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2017 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I order very little online and have never ordered from Amazon.

My sister was just saying today that she had ordered her husband an electric shaver and wanted to return it and it was going to have to be shipped back to China.  Amazon told her if she kept it they'd knock $25 off the price so she did.  

alexgia
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2017 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this

when i got married last year we had to special order our rings and two weeks before the wedding we found out they would not be sent in time(they were coming from within the us and would not arrive until almost a month after the wedding).  i ordered some cheap bands from china and they arrived witnin a week.

i will not order from zulily anymore because shipping is slow, sizes run very small and there are no returns.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2017 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this
No. Most stuff comes from another country.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)