Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today....Monday?

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2017 at 8:14 PM
  • 32 Replies

come tell us....

by on Dec. 10, 2017 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 10, 2017 at 8:14 PM

post is ready for tomorrow morning

Marinefranksmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2017 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Monday, I'll probably have to finish decorating the tree (I'm doing it now, not sure if I'll finish tonight).  Then pack up the gifts we're sending out of state to our son & his family, and wrap gifts we're giving next weekend.  There's a "mission" going on at church Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday nights and I'm singing for the services on Monday & Tuesday - need to practice the music. Probably make baked ziti for dinner so I can eat before church, and DH can eat whenever he's ready.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Dec. 11, 2017 at 3:57 AM

Hey Monday!

Yesterday went well - I started to make my chicken/cheese/rice/broccoli casserole - made the rice, boiled the broccoli, thawed out the chicken - and then forgot to put it together and bake!  Had thought about grabbing my toaster oven and take over to my parents - their oven is filled with pots and pans and such - but instead baked it here and went over to parents at HalfTime of the Chiefs game, around 1:30.  When I got there, dad said mom didn't eat breakfast and didn't eat lunch - but she ate two bowls of that casserole. It was in the mid 50s yesterday afternoon, so I decided to take mom to Great Clips to get her hair washed and cut.  Dad gave me $$ for that and to get gas.  Here where I live it's $2.27/gallon but the next little town over (3 miles) it was $2.20 a gallon so mom and I went there. 

Came home, got signed up for ACA and decided to splurge and get dental as well.  The subsidy for health insurance this year is more than double what it was last year and I chose a plan that will cost me $27 a month!!  Dental is $29 and so I've signed up for that as well.  My current dentist is donating 4 filling removal/refills on December 20 so I'll take advantage of that.  New dentist has a 6 month waiting period so I think after 6 months then I can start getting the other teeth worked on.  And will get a 'free' cleaning before then since no waiting period.  I normally would feel "guilty" about taking advantage of the donated services by my current dentist but hey, my income sucks right now and that dentist has gotten literally thousands of dollars from me over the past 9 years since I have not had dental insurance all that time.  So, I really don't feel too guilty.  Current dentist is NOT on the new plan - they are on Delta Dental but that's not offered thru ACA and would be close to $40 a month.

Finished watching The Five on Netflix.  If you like crime/mysteries, I enjoyed that show - 10 episodes and one season - perfect for bingeing.

Had lights out at 7 but tossed and turned - not sure where that came from - so got up and read until about 9:30. 

Up this morning at 2 - OVN emails caught up.  Doing EMW now then over to FL group.

this week is full of healthcare professionals coming over to see mom so it will be a busy week for me.

that's about it.  Happy Monday!

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 5:48 AM

Wow!!! Is the weekend over already??? It's back to work this morning. I am sure there is paperwork to catch up on and things waiting in my office for me! I am taking one of my residents to a funeral mass this morning, her family lives out of town and will not be here, so I told her I would.  This is one of the harder parts of my job, since the mass is for another one of my residents.

I have an evening at home, so hopefully I can get our tree up and decorated. I just could not get motivated yesterday, so I sat and watched Christmas movies with DD, I have this sinus thing going on and I am just tired and have a crappy headache! Oh, well, time to get moving and get this week started!

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 6:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Happy Monday!

I'm coming down with a cold but will fight it with all my soul! Nothing but work today. Tonight I will be alone for dinner so I'm not sure what I will do for that.....
louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 11, 2017 at 6:47 AM

Good morning.....glad you got that casserole done and your mom liked it so much!!  I hope all the health care people coming over will be helpful AND informative for you.  I'm glad the lawyer called you back last week AND that you found those papers!! 

Hope it's a productive work day for you although it sounds like a rip off to all MT to me.  Hugs to you!!  :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Hey Monday!

Yesterday went well - I started to make my chicken/cheese/rice/broccoli casserole - made the rice, boiled the broccoli, thawed out the chicken - and then forgot to put it together and bake!  Had thought about grabbing my toaster oven and take over to my parents - their oven is filled with pots and pans and such - but instead baked it here and went over to parents at HalfTime of the Chiefs game, around 1:30.  When I got there, dad said mom didn't eat breakfast and didn't eat lunch - but she ate two bowls of that casserole. It was in the mid 50s yesterday afternoon, so I decided to take mom to Great Clips to get her hair washed and cut.  Dad gave me $$ for that and to get gas.  Here where I live it's $2.27/gallon but the next little town over (3 miles) it was $2.20 a gallon so mom and I went there. 

Came home, got signed up for ACA and decided to splurge and get dental as well.  The subsidy for health insurance this year is more than double what it was last year and I chose a plan that will cost me $27 a month!!  Dental is $29 and so I've signed up for that as well.  My current dentist is donating 4 filling removal/refills on December 20 so I'll take advantage of that.  New dentist has a 6 month waiting period so I think after 6 months then I can start getting the other teeth worked on.  And will get a 'free' cleaning before then since no waiting period.  I normally would feel "guilty" about taking advantage of the donated services by my current dentist but hey, my income sucks right now and that dentist has gotten literally thousands of dollars from me over the past 9 years since I have not had dental insurance all that time.  So, I really don't feel too guilty.  Current dentist is NOT on the new plan - they are on Delta Dental but that's not offered thru ACA and would be close to $40 a month.

Finished watching The Five on Netflix.  If you like crime/mysteries, I enjoyed that show - 10 episodes and one season - perfect for bingeing.

Had lights out at 7 but tossed and turned - not sure where that came from - so got up and read until about 9:30. 

Up this morning at 2 - OVN emails caught up.  Doing EMW now then over to FL group.

this week is full of healthcare professionals coming over to see mom so it will be a busy week for me.

that's about it.  Happy Monday!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 11, 2017 at 6:48 AM

That's very sweet of you and I know it will be hard for both of you.  Hugs to you

Quoting darmomusaf:

Wow!!! Is the weekend over already??? It's back to work this morning. I am sure there is paperwork to catch up on and things waiting in my office for me! I am taking one of my residents to a funeral mass this morning, her family lives out of town and will not be here, so I told her I would.  This is one of the harder parts of my job, since the mass is for another one of my residents.

I have an evening at home, so hopefully I can get our tree up and decorated. I just could not get motivated yesterday, so I sat and watched Christmas movies with DD, I have this sinus thing going on and I am just tired and have a crappy headache! Oh, well, time to get moving and get this week started!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 11, 2017 at 6:56 AM

Good morning.....Monday already.  Where did the weekend go???  I'm SO not prepared for this week.  There are lots of little things to do and keep up with after work all week before heading to Raleigh with my mom on Friday.  I've got another trip up to the dr on Thursday to see the lady who sets up mammograms.  To me that is SUCH a waste of time and money.  I was JUST there.  Why can't she call me?  lol  Whatever....I'll go but I do think it's a waste.  I also have to bake the hot fudge cakes for my moms siblings which will be a Christmas gift from me.  I also had to change my Thurs morn job to tomorrow so that I can make the dr appt.  Normally that's not such a bad thing but this time it will be hard because Monday's are super busy and I'm wiped out after them so jumping right back in on Tues morn is not my idea of a good day.  lol 

My mom has been staying inside with this colder weather we've had.  We have been in the 40's for high's and lots of wind etc...That's the last thing she needs is to be out in that and all the sick people running around too.  I'm hoping to keep her well!!  LOL

That's about it.  I hope you all have a good day!  I'm going to make a list of all the extra things I have to do this week so that I will be sure to remember them all. 

annie-durham
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 7:21 AM

Good morning Louann I thought you had the mammogram the same day you had your pap?    Are you going to Raleigh for the weekend?  Its such a busy time of year and I've heard the flu this year is a bad one and only partially covered by the vaccine.  Its a good idea for your mom to avoid the crowds.  

Quoting louannwilkins:

Good morning.....Monday already.  Where did the weekend go???  I'm SO not prepared for this week.  There are lots of little things to do and keep up with after work all week before heading to Raleigh with my mom on Friday.  I've got another trip up to the dr on Thursday to see the lady who sets up mammograms.  To me that is SUCH a waste of time and money.  I was JUST there.  Why can't she call me?  lol  Whatever....I'll go but I do think it's a waste.  I also have to bake the hot fudge cakes for my moms siblings which will be a Christmas gift from me.  I also had to change my Thurs morn job to tomorrow so that I can make the dr appt.  Normally that's not such a bad thing but this time it will be hard because Monday's are super busy and I'm wiped out after them so jumping right back in on Tues morn is not my idea of a good day.  lol 

My mom has been staying inside with this colder weather we've had.  We have been in the 40's for high's and lots of wind etc...That's the last thing she needs is to be out in that and all the sick people running around too.  I'm hoping to keep her well!!  LOL

That's about it.  I hope you all have a good day!  I'm going to make a list of all the extra things I have to do this week so that I will be sure to remember them all. 

annie-durham
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 7:23 AM

Good Morning ladies.

We were supposed to get a few inches of snow overnight more today and tuesday but so far nothing.  I know they got some up north though.

I have to run over to mom's today, I have a poinsetta for her.  Other than that I'm not going too far, might get at some wrapping.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)