Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today....Thursday?

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:12 PM
  • 28 Replies

come tell us....

by on Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:12 PM

post is ready for tomorrow morning

emmygirl31
by Angie on Dec. 13, 2017 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this

going to get my dog, Lilly, a new collar for christmas.  At 4pm the guy is coming with a contract for us to sign to get the new roof put on.

Marinefranksmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2017 at 1:14 AM
2 moms liked this

Today is my birthday.  I have a million things to do: we need groceries,and some Christmas odds and ends, I need my hair done, I need to wrap gifts and send some of those gifts to our son & his family out of state.  I must finish shopping online for DH's gifts, and also finish enrolling for our new benefits during his job's "open enrollment".  In the evening, we have a dinner reservation at a nearby elegant Italian restaurant.  I had lunch there recently, loved it, and made the reservation then so that DH wouldn't talk me into going to one of the same 2 restaurants here that we go to all the time.  They're very good & I love them but I wanted to go somewhere different. I'm looking forward to phone calls from my son & my grandkids.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Dec. 14, 2017 at 4:55 AM

Happy Birthday!!

Good for you to make the reservations for the Italian restaurant!  lol.  Have a lovely day in spite of the million things you need to do ...

Quoting Marinefranksmom:

Today is my birthday.  I have a million things to do: we need groceries,and some Christmas odds and ends, I need my hair done, I need to wrap gifts and send some of those gifts to our son & his family out of state.  I must finish shopping online for DH's gifts, and also finish enrolling for our new benefits during his job's "open enrollment".  In the evening, we have a dinner reservation at a nearby elegant Italian restaurant.  I had lunch there recently, loved it, and made the reservation then so that DH wouldn't talk me into going to one of the same 2 restaurants here that we go to all the time.  They're very good & I love them but I wanted to go somewhere different. I'm looking forward to phone calls from my son & my grandkids.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Dec. 14, 2017 at 5:05 AM

Hey thursday - yes, thursday - just double checked.

up at 3:15 this morning, EMW is done and OVN emails caught up.  Gonna head over to the FL group to see if there is still straight typing in my queue. I sure hope there is!

Yesterday went well - nurse came by at noon so I had an early start over at parents - then OT.  Left there at 2.  Stopped by Walmart to pick up a prescription for dad so I don't have to do that today.  Came home and didn't do a whole lot after that.  I have a million things I need to do before Christmas but push hasn't come to shove yet so I'm procrastinating. ugh.

today - work, then parents.  dad has a doctor's appointment at 2:30 so it will be a long afternoon.  It dawned on me this morning that it's actually my DAD who is wearing me out over taking care of my mom!  I have to constantly repeat things for him, re-explain things in a more simple way for him to understand.  Seriously.  Mom is much easier to take care of compared to my dad - I think it's dealing with him that is so incredibly draining on me!  I posted about Hospice on an Alzheimer's discussion board and am finding out it's not really an alternative to a nursing home.  I'll be sure to ask lots of questions and read the fine print on any brochures/policies/procedures they provide me.  I must be "hearing" what I want to hear or something.  ugh me. oh well.  One day at a time.  I swear, these eightyagers are harder to raise than teenagers.   

that's about it.  Happy Thursday!

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2017 at 6:05 AM

Happy Birthday!!! I hope you have a great day!!

Quoting Marinefranksmom:

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2017 at 6:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Woke up to a very snowy morning! Our beagle loves to play in the snow, so out we went for just a bit. I was not dressed properly to spend time out there this morning! Now, pups are asleep and I am enjoying my coffee and Christmas lights(my most favorite time of the day)! Off to work here in a bit, just trying to stay caught up there and spend some time with the residents. Tonight is my nephews last Christmas band concert in high school, so we will be there, weather permitting! It is another of my favorite things to do this time of year!

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2017 at 6:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Happy Thursday! Only Thursday, ugh....

The Mitten got blasted yesterday with snow. This is the first year in over 20 years that School Closings didn't matter to my house! It's weird.

My Orthopedic Surgeon appointment is this morning. I have to decide when I want to have the surgery. UGH! Then into work until 7pm.
Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2017 at 6:54 AM
I love the High School Christmas concert! Sleigh Bells is my favorite!

Quoting darmomusaf:

Woke up to a very snowy morning! Our beagle loves to play in the snow, so out we went for just a bit. I was not dressed properly to spend time out there this morning! Now, pups are asleep and I am enjoying my coffee and Christmas lights(my most favorite time of the day)! Off to work here in a bit, just trying to stay caught up there and spend some time with the residents. Tonight is my nephews last Christmas band concert in high school, so we will be there, weather permitting! It is another of my favorite things to do this time of year!

annie-durham
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2017 at 7:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Ronna I agree that you need to read everything carefully, I'm not sure how the hospice system works there but I know some elderly people try to keep a partner in the house so they don't lose all their assests and its really hard on them.  It sure is a tough system to navigate.

I know what you mean about dealing with your dad too.  Its frustrating and like dealing with a 2 year old having to explain everything over and over.  

I was saying to my husband last night my mom's memory is getting worse.  Yesterday I sat with her while my 2 sisters went out to lunch.  She asked me how my oldest daughter was enjoying school I said "Mom Elizabeth doesn't go to school anymore" and she looked at me and said "Don't they have to go to school til they are 18" (my daughter is going to be 40 on her next birthday) so I said "Yes they do, Elizabeth finished school and is now working and married" she looked totally shocked and then when I said she had two little girls and pointed out their pictures all over the walls she said "Oh I thought those were your kids"  I said to my husband its like having a conversation with a stranger.  

Quoting suzeebloch:

Hey thursday - yes, thursday - just double checked.

up at 3:15 this morning, EMW is done and OVN emails caught up.  Gonna head over to the FL group to see if there is still straight typing in my queue. I sure hope there is!

Yesterday went well - nurse came by at noon so I had an early start over at parents - then OT.  Left there at 2.  Stopped by Walmart to pick up a prescription for dad so I don't have to do that today.  Came home and didn't do a whole lot after that.  I have a million things I need to do before Christmas but push hasn't come to shove yet so I'm procrastinating. ugh.

today - work, then parents.  dad has a doctor's appointment at 2:30 so it will be a long afternoon.  It dawned on me this morning that it's actually my DAD who is wearing me out over taking care of my mom!  I have to constantly repeat things for him, re-explain things in a more simple way for him to understand.  Seriously.  Mom is much easier to take care of compared to my dad - I think it's dealing with him that is so incredibly draining on me!  I posted about Hospice on an Alzheimer's discussion board and am finding out it's not really an alternative to a nursing home.  I'll be sure to ask lots of questions and read the fine print on any brochures/policies/procedures they provide me.  I must be "hearing" what I want to hear or something.  ugh me. oh well.  One day at a time.  I swear, these eightyagers are harder to raise than teenagers.   

that's about it.  Happy Thursday!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)