Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today....Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2017 at 8:01 PM
  • 84 Replies

come tell us....

by on Dec. 28, 2017 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 28, 2017 at 8:02 PM

post is ready for tomorrow morning

emmygirl31
by Angie on Dec. 28, 2017 at 8:05 PM

bittersweet weekend for me....friday I am closing on my parent's house.  It is the house I lived in for 60 years.  It will be hard to let go.  Today I went for the final walk-thru, hard to believe I will never be in that house again.  Saturday will be grocery shopping and going with my daughter and granddaughter to the trampoline place...I am only watching.  Sunday will be slow and quiet to I go to my daughter's for our new years eve get together--just the 5 of us and it will be over by 1215.

kuntrylady56
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 10:03 PM

Friday is going to be a long day. Larry and I have to make about a two hour trip to Jefferson City for his podiatrist appointment. We'll be heading out of town around eleven or so and dropping the boys off at their house and Kali at her dads unless we decide to take her with us. The weather is supposed to be brutally cold this weekend, especially Sunday so if we can stay home, thats what we'll be doing.

Saturday will be a stay at home day too. I'll probably go by the grocery store tomorrow evening when we get back in town and pick up some odds and ends we need. I'm thinking a good pot of spaghetti would taste really good on a cold winters day.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2017 at 5:57 AM
Yay!! Finally Friday!!

Work and home. Don't know what I'm doing for dinner yet....
darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2017 at 6:05 AM

Heading out to work on this snowy morning! Yep, not quite as cold, but now there is snow on the ground, oh, well, it is winter!

Work and trying to get everything done for the end of the month and the end of the year! Home to  start the weekend chores, although I have been trying to do a little each evening this week.

Saturday, cleaning, taking down decorations, taking some things to Goodwill, and working on some projects for the upcoming fair convention that I will be attending in a couple of weeks.

Sunday is church and then a relaxing day at home reading a book and wrapped in blankets!

smokeyjo
by Jozie on Dec. 29, 2017 at 6:35 AM
Today, lots of putzing about the farm to be done. Coco has both her weight lifting and CrossFit classes this afternoon. Yesterday, I bought a small tarp for the back of the bantam roosters’ pen so I’ll put that up today so they are ready for the winter.

You all have a day!!
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Dec. 29, 2017 at 6:43 AM

I'm home from dropping Johnny off at the airport - his flight is scheduled to leave at 6 a.m. (instead of 8 a.m. as I originally thought). We left here at about 4 a.m., takes about 30 minute to get to the airport and we weren't sure how crowded it might be.  The line wasn't long to get into security so I'm home now at 5:30. 

Yesterday went fine - Johnny dropped me off at my parents and he took the car to go visit his half brother & family.  Mom was really lethargic again  but I was able to get her to eat some more jello salad and nearly an entire bottle of Ensure plus about 3 coffee mugs of water, and change her underpants.  The housekeeper was there, too, so I had her bring me home instead of borrowing dad's car or having brother take me home (plans A and B). 

Got my EMW done yesterday afternoon so I didn't have to do it this morning although looks like I would have had plenty of time to do it now.  oh well! 

My new phone arrived yesterday!  BUT when I put in the battery and went to charge it, the phone isn't recognizing the battery as being the right one.  Johnny got home around 8 p.m. last night and tried to see what was going on - but everything seems in order - must be a defective phone.  grrr!  He did the paperwork online to return it so I need to get it to UPS when they open, plus sending his and F's Christmas presents via USPS since they would not fit in his backpack. USPS and UPS are across the street from each other so I'll do that once they are both open.

It's gonna be COLD here over the weekend. ugh!  35 is today's high, then 12 Saturday, 7 on Sunday and 6 on Monday.  yikes!  Those are the highs forecast!  I brought home the bone from the ham I cooked so I think I'll make a batch of ham n bean soup since it's going to be so cold.

anyhoo, that's about it. It's almost 6 and I don't know if I'm going to go to FL group or not.  I do have the day scheduled off so I don't have to be logged in from 6 to 11 if I don't feel like it.

Happy Friday!

annie-durham
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2017 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Good morning everyone.

Ronna everytime I see you post something about the time I forget for a minute that you are in a different time zone to me and I think you are losing it.  

We are marginally warmer than yesterday but we do have snow on the way.  Its lake effect and will be hit and miss.

I am thinking of going over to the mall today to walk off some of my Christmas excesses.  I also want to check out some jeans at one of my fav stores there.  

Thats about it for me, we are babysitting at my daughters tomorrow for the afternoon so I see a couple of games of Monopoly JR in my future.  

jcm3
by Member on Dec. 29, 2017 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Well today is my 39th birthday and I am taking my kids and husband to the movies and dinner. We have gift cards. Tomorrow I do have to work and we are throwing a birthday party for our boys . Tomorrow is my son’s 15th birthday and next Saturday is my son’s 7th birthday. Then Sunday working and maybe relaxing after all this fun.
annie-durham
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2017 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Happy birthday you are just a young'un

Quoting jcm3: Well today is my 39th birthday and I am taking my kids and husband to the movies and dinner. We have gift cards. Tomorrow I do have to work and we are throwing a birthday party for our boys . Tomorrow is my son’s 15th birthday and next Saturday is my son’s 7th birthday. Then Sunday working and maybe relaxing after all this fun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)