Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you lived in or around New York City would you or have you ever gone down to Times Square for the big New Years Eve celebration?

I saw this morning that many people are already in place near some of the stages set up and that once you get into your "pen" you can't leave.  Many interviewed say they wear Depends for obvious reasons.

I would never do this myself, I'm not a fan of big crowds or being "penned" in anywhere.  I have claustrophobia and of course at my age the lack of bathrooms would play a huge role.

There is a similiar celebration in downtown Toronto every year that has grown over time.  Once when dh and I were first dating so back in '70's we went down to the celebration there.  It was on a much smaller scale than it is now and not nearly as crowded.

by on Dec. 31, 2017 at 8:27 AM
Replies (21-24):
my2kidsmom9498
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 5:37 PM
I have never been to NYC for the ball drop, but seems like fun. I would go with others so we could take shifts in staying warm, going to the bathroom and eating. Hubby and I went out for dinner and ballroom dancing.
Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 12:55 AM
Eight plus hours without a bathroom? No way!!!!

Quoting redheadtmk: I have been several times with the millennium being the best year. We were in the pen closest to the ball and farthest from the stage. We befriend a lady who was a detective with her dd. She would take us with her when they had to use the bathroom and would show her badge. Otherwise they stopped letting you out to use the restroom at 4pm.
redheadtmk
by on Jan. 3, 2018 at 7:05 AM
Luckily I didn't have to! It was insane.

Quoting Kimmybabe: Eight plus hours without a bathroom? No way!!!!

Quoting redheadtmk: I have been several times with the millennium being the best year. We were in the pen closest to the ball and farthest from the stage. We befriend a lady who was a detective with her dd. She would take us with her when they had to use the bathroom and would show her badge. Otherwise they stopped letting you out to use the restroom at 4pm.
jabs54
by Jeanine on Jan. 5, 2018 at 8:19 PM

There is no celebration worth it for me to wear Depends  ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)