Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today....Monday?

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2017 at 8:06 PM
  • 43 Replies

come tell us.....

by on Dec. 31, 2017 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 31, 2017 at 8:06 PM

post is ready for tomorrow morning  :)

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2018 at 5:55 AM

Happy New Year!!! I am hanging out at home and trying to finish cleaning up Christmas decorations. It is pretty cold here this morning, looks like about -2, so I think staying in my warm house is a good idea. Pork and sauerkraut to put in the crock pot for dinner tonight and that's about all since the rest of my week will be very busy at work!

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 1, 2018 at 6:26 AM

Happy New Year!  My alarm and then Leo woke me up - it is Monday so I need to head over to the FL group soon.  OVN emails caught up, going to go ahead and do my EMW which should only take about 5 minutes!

Yesterday was COLD but tolerable - I didn't turn my heat on all day but this morning it's -7° and was 54° in the living room so the heat is on now and up to 62° in the LR.

Yesterday work, GHF, parents.  Everything went as well as can be expected.

Can't think of much else at the moment  - my brain is too cold and still on my 1st cup of coffee.  lol.

Happy New Year!

smokeyjo
by Jozie on Jan. 1, 2018 at 6:39 AM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 1, 2018 at 6:43 AM

Happy New Year!  I did not sit up to bring in the new year though.  I was wimpy.  Hope you have a good day!!  It's cold here too!

Quoting suzeebloch:

Happy New Year!  My alarm and then Leo woke me up - it is Monday so I need to head over to the FL group soon.  OVN emails caught up, going to go ahead and do my EMW which should only take about 5 minutes!

Yesterday was COLD but tolerable - I didn't turn my heat on all day but this morning it's -7° and was 54° in the living room so the heat is on now and up to 62° in the LR.

Yesterday work, GHF, parents.  Everything went as well as can be expected.

Can't think of much else at the moment  - my brain is too cold and still on my 1st cup of coffee.  lol.

Happy New Year!

smokeyjo
by Jozie on Jan. 1, 2018 at 6:47 AM
Not much of anything going on today other than staying warm. Its a whole 2* with the wind chill; 20* without and only going to top out at 27* but with the wind chill, who knows what the real feel will be.

I think I may go out and get a warm mist humidifier or two, one each for the bedrooms. We have a cast iron water thing that sits on the wood stove but I think we need more than that. It is rather dry in here.

So that’ll be my day. Woo.

Have a good New Year’s Day.
louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 1, 2018 at 6:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Good morning....it's cold here...in the teens and feels like it's about 7.  So nice....NOT.  lol  So when I came home yesterday the heat was working thank goodness but then in the middle of the night it stopped.  I went over and flipped the thermostat to off and it came back on.  sigh....We're going to have really cold temps (for us) this week.  More of what it is today and so that makes a unit work even harder.  I guess I'll keep praying that it works and make some calls at some point today after leaving Bonnie and Shirley's.  It's always something to worry about. 

On a happy note I am SO happy to have my coffee on this cold morning.  I've been awake since about 4 and that's when I noticed the heat wasn't working.  I should feel wonderful today with worry over that and not a lot of sleep.  lol  Watch out people here at the coast!!!  LOL 

I hope you all have a great day.  I can't believe it's 2018...I wonder how many times I'll write the wrong year????  LOL

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 1, 2018 at 6:50 AM

It's cold here too.  In the teens and feels like it's 7.  Not my kind of weather.  lol 

My hair has static SO bad!  lol  I've been battling that all weekend.  It's driving me nuts not to mention how attractive it looks.  lol  Stay warm and have a great day!

Quoting smokeyjo: Not much of anything going on today other than staying warm. Its a whole 2* with the wind chill; 20* without and only going to top out at 27* but with the wind chill, who knows what the real feel will be. I think I may go out and get a warm mist humidifier or two, one each for the bedrooms. We have a cast iron water thing that sits on the wood stove but I think we need more than that. It is rather dry in here. So that’ll be my day. Woo. Have a good New Year’s Day.

smokeyjo
by Jozie on Jan. 1, 2018 at 6:50 AM
I leave what little decorations I put out up until Epiphany, January 06, which is the twelfth day of Christmas.

Quoting darmomusaf:

Happy New Year!!! I am hanging out at home and trying to finish cleaning up Christmas decorations. It is pretty cold here this morning, looks like about -2, so I think staying in my warm house is a good idea. Pork and sauerkraut to put in the crock pot for dinner tonight and that's about all since the rest of my week will be very busy at work!

smokeyjo
by Jozie on Jan. 1, 2018 at 6:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I’m a South Dakota girl so I love me some freezin’ ass cold weather!! I absolutely love it when you take a deep breath and almost freeze a lung. I come alive. It helps to remember that when we’re sweatin’ bullets and getting slimy from humidity just standing on the porch in the summers down here in the Deep South, you know?

Quoting louannwilkins:

It's cold here too.  In the teens and feels like it's 7.  Not my kind of weather.  lol 

My hair has static SO bad!  lol  I've been battling that all weekend.  It's driving me nuts not to mention how attractive it looks.  lol  Stay warm and have a great day!

Quoting smokeyjo: Not much of anything going on today other than staying warm. Its a whole 2* with the wind chill; 20* without and only going to top out at 27* but with the wind chill, who knows what the real feel will be.

I think I may go out and get a warm mist humidifier or two, one each for the bedrooms. We have a cast iron water thing that sits on the wood stove but I think we need more than that. It is rather dry in here.

So that’ll be my day. Woo.

Have a good New Year’s Day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)