Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today....Monday?

Posted by   + Show Post

come tell us.....

by on Dec. 31, 2017 at 8:06 PM
Replies (41-43):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 1, 2018 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think my dad's side of the family passed down any traditions.  My Grandma was Polish so kielbasa was served often, and povatiza! and fried chicken, mashed potatoes, country gravy, apple pie ...   Grandpa was German and French.  Grandpa made the best home-made angel food cake!  and hand-cranked ice cream! and fried pigs ears!  LOL.

mom is japanese and we always had to clean the house from top to bottom on New Year's Eve.  Supposedly whatever condition your home was when you wake up in the New Year is how it would be the rest of the year.  So, I never clean on New Year's Eve any more.  and sure enough - my place stays exactly that way all year!  lol.

Quoting darmomusaf:

My PA Dutch heritage runs deep when it comes to New Year's Day meals. My grandparents always told us we had to have pork and sauerkraut for good luck for the coming year!

Quoting suzeebloch:

Sauerkraut sounds good!  I keep forgetting to grab some when I'm at the store, so just added it to my shopping list.  I like to use Kielbasa with my sauerkraut - a quick and easy meal.

Quoting darmomusaf:

Happy New Year!!! I am hanging out at home and trying to finish cleaning up Christmas decorations. It is pretty cold here this morning, looks like about -2, so I think staying in my warm house is a good idea. Pork and sauerkraut to put in the crock pot for dinner tonight and that's about all since the rest of my week will be very busy at work!

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 2, 2018 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

He is an excellent cook.

Quoting LEK19:

Yay! Is he a good cook?

Quoting Why123:

Not doing much of anything today.  It is -7 outside with a windchill of -24 so mostly just trying to stay warm.  My son is making dinner.

LEK19
by Group Admin on Jan. 2, 2018 at 11:12 AM

That IS cold for you!!!I am glad it was an easy enough fix for your thermostat and that the whole thing lasts through the winter season then you would have the whole summer to think about replacing it.

Stay warm!

Quoting louannwilkins:

Home and boy is it cold!!  So, I went outside this morning and on my windshield by the wipers was a mix of snow / ice.  Here at the beach!!!!!  LOL  It must have happened last night sometime.  AND...we have a chance of snow on Wed into Thur morn.  THAT is weird!  LOL  I hope it doesn't happen though.  I need to go to work!

The guy came and added new sequencers and he thinks that was the problem.  Fingers crossed!!!!!  LOL  He DID say that yes, my unit was old and I would need one but if it keeps doing ok we will wait and check on that in spring.  sigh...I didn't really want to hear that either though.  lol  For now it's nice and warm.  Hoping it stays that way!!  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)